All-New Member

Default Marvel Time Runs Out questions

Hiya, I'm new here, but i've been lurking for a while trying to find answers to some Time Runs Out.
    I've got a bit of a reading comprehension problem so please bear with me.
    I apologize if these have been answered many times. I just don't want to start Secret Wars until I understand what is going on.

1. When Cap meets Franklin Richards of the future you see the Rogue Planet getting shot at modern day Earth.
    What's the point of the Rogue Planet, and why are they shooting it at past earth? What's the deal with it phasing with earth?

2. In Avengers 36, when the heroes walk into the augur. Roberto says to the 2 striped kids "You know what this means", what did he mean?
    That the heroes weren't going to be able to come back?

3. In New Avengers 27, Sue tells Reed that Franklin still thinks he disappointed Reed. What did she mean?

4. Does killing a molecule man early (like Doom and the Swans were doing) kill that molecule man's universe?

5. What's the point of the Black Priests? What is their goal?

6. Why does Doom want the incursions to happen? I know him and the swans had to kill a ton of Molecule Men for them to start.
    Does that mean killing Molecule Men early does destroy their universe (not right away but eventually)and the emptiness left but missing universe make
    the universes shift causing the incursions?

7. Is their any reason for the Blue and Red incursions besides the blue worlds being ones the mapmakers have already hit that have no molecule men?

8. A big part of my confusion is if killing Molecule Man early kills the universe that MM was in, how are those earths still there for the mapmakers to chart?

Sorry if these have been answered a million times

1. To avoid one Incursion. The Illuminati phased in Rogue Planet in place of 616 Earth, and that saved Earth one time.
    2. You got it.
    3. It’s a nebulous statement. Kids always feel they disappoint their fathers.
    4. Yes
    5. Black Priests hunt down the Great Destroyer to stop him destroying MM and thus Universes. Until Dr Strange found Doom, then Dr Strange decided to change his mind and instead the Black Priests joined Dooms crusade.
    6. Like MM said to Victor, you cause the universe to collapse, the Beyonders attack you, and you can take away their powers by defeating them with a crate full of MM’s, and preserve at least a bit of the Multiverse.
    7. The Blue Incursions were the Beyonders trying to locate Doom.
    8. It’s more like a tracking device. You plant a spider tracer on the destroyed Earth and it leads you to the Great Destroyer. The Swans had to be careful to stay one step ahead of the mapmakers. It was a chess game. Black Swans vs black priests vs mapmakers.

As for the Illuminati? They avoided Incursion 7 times on Prime Earth before they were destroyed. (Thanos’ Cabal a little more). The DC equivalents only stopped 3 Incursions before they were destroyed.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-09-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE
    Sorry if these have been answered a million times] [/QUOTE]

No worries.

The thing to keep in mind is that Hickman's run leading in to "Secret Wars" was spread across several titles, and was likely distrupted. Some points were muddied up. (Foofie thinking from fans does not help much.)

4. Does killing a molecule man early (like Doom and the Swans were doing) kill that molecule man's universe?
    No. There are several examples of Doom and Reese killing Molecule Men, and standing safely in the universe that it happened in. (Those universes are not protected from incursions. And, they were presumably destroyed by incursions, or in the explosion caused by Doom attacking the Beyonders during "Time Runs Out".)

5. What's the point of the Black Priests? What is their goal?
    The point of Hickman's run is to put the characters in a morally unwinnable situation. The Black Priests represent a variant of triage.

. Why does Doom want the incursions to happen?
    Doom does not want the incursions. He was eating the same crap sandwich that everybody else was. (He just managed to finagle himself in to a good place by the end of it.)

Does that mean killing Molecule Men early does destroy their universe (not right away but eventually)and the emptiness left but missing universe make
    the universes shift causing the incursions?
    The "empty" universe that presumably led to the incursions was shown in Hickman's run on "Fantastic Four". (Good luck finding that run. It is out of print. But, you can probably find detailed summaries if you really want them.)

The Beyonders did not cause the incursions. Doom may have accidentally caused them (ref: Hickman's "Fantastic Four" run.) But, it was not a deliberate plan.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    [QUOTE
    Sorry if these have been answered a million times]
    No worries.

The thing to keep in mind is that Hickman's run leading in to "Secret Wars" was spread across several titles, and was likely distrupted. Some points were muddied up. (Foofie thinking from fans does not help much.)

No. There are several examples of Doom and Reese killing Molecule Men, and standing safely in the universe that it happened in. (Those universes are not protected from incursions. And, they were presumably destroyed by incursions, or in the explosion caused by Doom attacking the Beyonders during "Time Runs Out".)

The point of Hickman's run is to put the characters in a morally unwinnable situation. The Black Priests represent a variant of triage.

Doom does not want the incursions. He was eating the same crap sandwich that everybody else was. (He just managed to finagle himself in to a good place by the end of it.)

The "empty" universe that presumably led to the incursions was shown in Hickman's run on "Fantastic Four". (Good luck finding that run. It is out of print. But, you can probably find detailed summaries if you really want them.)

The Beyonders did not cause the incursions. Doom may have accidentally caused them (ref: Hickman's "Fantastic Four" run.) But, it was not a deliberate plan.[/QUOTE]

there were only two titles(Avengers/New Avengers) that dealt directly with Time Runs Out.

The Beyonders did cause the early death of the multiverse (it was considered an experiment that had run its course). Doom (The Great Destroyer) started the incursions in the hope that this would slow down or delay the early death of the mutiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarkun666 View Post
    3. In New Avengers 27, Sue tells Reed that Franklin still thinks he disappointed Reed. What did she mean?
    IIRC in one of his attempts to stop the incursions Reed tried to use Franklin's power but the experiment failed. I think it was shown in a quick flashback in New Avengers.
    Last edited by nandes; 07-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Mighty Member

there were only two titles(Avengers/New Avengers) that dealt directly with Time Runs Out.

The Beyonders did cause the early death of the multiverse (it was considered an experiment that had run its course). Doom (The Great Destroyer) started the incursions in the hope that this would slow down or delay the early death of the mutiverse.
    Hickman's Avengers run picked up ideas from his Fantastic Four run.

The Beyonders were planning to use the Molecule Man to end the multiverse. The incursions were a wholly different thing.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

All-New Member

Thank you all so much for your answers. I got some stuff sorted out thanks to this and ill move on to Secret Wars

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    IIRC in one of his attempts to stop the incursions Reed tried to use Franklin's power but the experiment failed. I think it was shown in a quick flashback in New Avengers.
    It was also why Future Franklin knew there was no solution and told Cap as much.