Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it's that, though Bruce's really smart and all, there is no denying that Holt is one of the best in the DCU when it comes to computers. So Bruce had the idea for it, and went to Holt to help make it happen. If Holt was a minor part of Brother Eye's creation, killing him would accomplish nothing. I guess Holt used to work for Cadmus?
    I believe that Brother Eye decided to ally itself with Cadmus once it became sentient. That led into the OMAC series. I hope they find a way to incorporate Mother Machine (from Blackhawks) into this. She was featured in the DC Universe Presents #0 and felt like they were going somewhere with that.
    Last edited by CagedLeo730; 05-04-2014 at 11:39 AM.

There are many suspects on who teamed up with Brother Eye and it could be Mother Machine, Cyborg, etc. Futures End looks like a great way to relaunch Hawkman, Firestorm, Mr Terrific, Stormwatch, Frankenstein, Grifter, Amethyst, etc. using the more popular characters Batman and Batman Beyond.

That was my original thought when i first saw the rather eclectic cast, made up mostly of characters from cancelled books. That they would be using it as a platform to fix them when needed and relaunch books with at least some of them. There will be 2 weeklies both ending in March, I could see them turning into 8 monthlies to use this as a platform to give them some additional exposure. But as I read interviews with the writers, they way they talk about how the characters were chosen, (basically, they had roles that needed filling and looked at the available characters and picked the ones that fit best) I don't think that was the intent any more. It could still kinda work out that way, I just don't think that was the original intent.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I believe that Brother Eye decided to ally itself with Cadmus once it became sentient. That led into the OMAC series. I hope they find a way to incorporate Mother Machine (from Blackhawks) into this. She was featured in the DC Universe Presents #0 and felt like they were going somewhere with that.
    Ah, okay. It's just that I knew he was associated with Cadmus via OMAC, and Cadmus is mentioned in the solicits and such, so...

And yeah, I could easily see a character like Mother Machine fitting in here, somehow. I think Brother Eye's first targets would logically be characters that could help jump start his plan of assimilation in some way. Like, Engineer's nanite blood works as an ideal way to spread the 'infection', at least initially, that he doesn't need to create, and it also probably makes it easier for him to control her from the start, since those 'seeds' don't seem to exist yet. Mother Machine could fit in there, too. I'd also think Cyborg would be vulnerable, but I think he offers Brother Eye far less in terms of offering a way to create/control more drones.

Oh. speaking of the seeds, look at these pages, I think Brother Eye is going to be using the cores from the Metal Men as a template for them:

http://news.easybranches.com/wp-cont..._promo_a_p.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...c.jpg~original

I dunno about you, but they look very similar to me. And if one of those can control a vat of toxic waste, why wouldn't it be able to control a dead body?

Also:
    http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/up...JUSTL_29_3.jpg note the dialogue in panel 6.

Just a hunch I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Hawkman is not going to bite it. If anything, he'll be doing the biting!

I have to say, though, that it's a good time to be a Hawkman fan, with this and his upcoming showdown with Lobo in JLU.
    Nah, I don't think all of Stormwatch is going to die, at least not before they get back to Earth. Maybe some of them, Angie is obviously patient 0, but I think at a minimum Hawkman, Apollo and Midnighter will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Probably a coincidence, but the Google Glass Guy looks just like Buddy Blank, the original OMAC, as he was drawn in Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape.

Metal Woman
    Hm.... I dunno, but I do think something is up with him, beyond the fact that he may reveal Terry's presence to the rest of the superhero community.

So far #0, and 1 were both good. Not sure if i will see this through to the end. Right now though, its fun.

All-New Member

Is it me, or is this OMAC project + Days of Future Past? I just can't get over the fact we already went down this road with OMAC project. Happy to see Terry around though.
    Mighty Thor, Unworthy Thor, Karnak, Punisher, Daredevil
    Superman, Wonder Woman, Doom Patrol, The Hellblazer, Midnighter and Apollo
    Kill or Be Killed, Providence, Black Monday Murders

yeah I'll give this a few more issues to see if it keeps my interest. But yeah, seems like they really don't know what to do with OMAC. Before this title, he was over in Suicide Squad part of the Forever Evil debacle.