Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This did peaked my curiosity.
    I'm almost sold.

Fantastic Member

So much awesome in that preview. Hawkman in Stormwatch?? Can't wait to see him interact with Midnighter.. sure to be conflicts there.

Based on the solicits and this preview, looks like Frankenstein will be looking/rescuing Stormwatch and his aquatic girlfriend from S.H.A.D.E.

Fantastic Member

I might check it out. We'll see.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Are SHADE and Stormwatch under the same roof now?

I'll get the first issue and see what happens ... I really want this to be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Whoops forgot that.

Does FCBD extend to digital, or do I have to go to the LCS tomorrow?
    It'll release on 5/14 digitally.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting that Terry says he's seven years late to stop Mr. Terrific from creating Brother Eye. I thought that the JLI Annual confirmed that Brother Eye was created by Bruce. So, has that been retconned, or has Terry been misinformed? If Terry has been misinformed, is that because Terry's real mission was supposed to be to kill Past Bruce to stop him from creating Brother Eye--and Future Bruce didn't think Terry would go if he knew that was the mission? Or has Future Bruce been compromised by Brother Eye, and was Terry sent back to unwittingly help Brother Eye's rise to world domination, even while he thinks he's stopping it?

It's also interesting that Jack Hawksmoor has become leader of Stormwatch five years from now. He seemed, based on a couple of comments by his teammates, to be considered the team slacker as of the last issue of Stormwatch. And where's Jenny Q?

Overall, I'm intrigued.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-02-2014 at 08:13 PM.

yay Hawkman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It's interesting that Terry says he's seven years late to stop Mr. Terrific from creating Brother Eye. I thought that the JLI Annual confirmed that Brother Eye was created by Bruce. So, has that been retconned, or has Terry been misinformed? If Terry has been misinformed, is that because Terry's real mission was supposed to be to kill Past Bruce to stop him from creating Brother Eye--and Future Bruce didn't think Terry would go if he knew that was the mission? Or has Future Bruce been compromised by Brother Eye, and was Terry sent back to unwittingly help Brother Eye's rise to world domination, even while he thinks he's stopping it?

It's also interesting that Jack Hawksmoor has become leader of Stormwatch five years from now. He seemed, based on a couple of comments by his teammates, to be considered the team slacker as of the last issue of Stormwatch. And where's Jenny Q?

Overall, I'm intrigued.
    Probably a hold over form old WSU after Jenny Sparks died he takes over as leader.

BANNED

I only read the first page to avoid spoilers but MAN I'M EXCITED! Hopefully it's as good as Batman Eternal, which is awesome .

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

ah, after seeing the preview it makes it harder for me to say no. I guess I will have to drop some other DC books and/or not pick up other new ones like Grayson if I do Future's End

Astonishing Member

Guessing the Stormwatch segments are by Lemire going with the presence of Nina and Hawkman. Who wrote the Beyond segements though? Azzarello?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post

Overall, I'm intrigued.
    You bring up a good point...because a future Future's End solicit says Terry's mission drastically changes

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Guessing the Stormwatch segments are by Lemire going with the presence of Nina and Hawkman. Who wrote the Beyond segements though? Azzarello?
    It appears he will be doing the Beyond stuff...which is really great. Interested to see what Azz does after this and WW. I know he has an Earth 1 GN in the works, but I wonder if he'll take on another monthly

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It appears he will be doing the Beyond stuff...which is really great. Interested to see what Azz does after this and WW. I know he has an Earth 1 GN in the works, but I wonder if he'll take on another monthly
    *Update - I was lucky enough to have Brian Azzarello at my LCS today for FCBD. He was signing all Future's End #0s and confirmed to me that he is the one writing Terry. He also said that he and Cliff Chiang seriously discussed going on further with WW, but they felt like they had told their story. He doesn't have a new monthly, yet (at least that he can confirm), but possibly has something in the works for an Earth-1 GN featuring GL. Really great guy