Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So is he writing the Future's End WW and SM/WW issues?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    So is he writing the Future's End WW and SM/WW issues?
    Sorry, I forgot to ask. I would fully expect that he will do the WW one at least

BANNED

Thanks alot for the scoop Alexander!

Looking at these pages again, anyone else totally creeped out by the guy with the Google Glass (but probably called something else in the DCU) recording Terry's fight with the cyborg? It's not that he's recording it, it's how expressionless he is, it's creepy. You'd think that if a person looked otu the window and saw a superhero fighting a robot, hell yeah they're gonna record it, but it would be accompanied by 'omg, this is so cool, I gotta get this so I can put it on Youtube!' sort of reaction. And he's just.... staring blankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It's interesting that Terry says he's seven years late to stop Mr. Terrific from creating Brother Eye. I thought that the JLI Annual confirmed that Brother Eye was created by Bruce. So, has that been retconned, or has Terry been misinformed? If Terry has been misinformed, is that because Terry's real mission was supposed to be to kill Past Bruce to stop him from creating Brother Eye--and Future Bruce didn't think Terry would go if he knew that was the mission? Or has Future Bruce been compromised by Brother Eye, and was Terry sent back to unwittingly help Brother Eye's rise to world domination, even while he thinks he's stopping it?

It's also interesting that Jack Hawksmoor has become leader of Stormwatch five years from now. He seemed, based on a couple of comments by his teammates, to be considered the team slacker as of the last issue of Stormwatch. And where's Jenny Q?

Overall, I'm intrigued.
    I think it's just a nod to their Authority days, where Jack was leader after Jenny Sparks died. Though Stormwatch 30 was presented as a prelude to Futures End, and was clearly intended to fix the team so they could be used here, there are some notable differences, the Carrier looking COMPLETELY different being the biggest one. We haven't seen Jenny Q in the pages so far... on the one hand, I can't see the writers passing up the opportunity to show her 5 years later, all grown up, but then you'd think SHE would be leader... maybe she's back on Earth, going to college or something, I dunno.

btw. I don't think Terry was sent back to kill Bruce, I think he was sent back to kill Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Guessing the Stormwatch segments are by Lemire going with the presence of Nina and Hawkman. Who wrote the Beyond segements though? Azzarello?
    Well, already been answered as i was checking off things to reply to, but yeah. He's said as much in interviews. As for Lemire... Jurgens and Azzarello have done a number of interviews with various sites while they were at C2E2, I don't remember which one it was, but they said that sometimes characters will get passed off to another writer when it becomes revant to the story they are telling. Like, Lois apparently starts with Jurgens, but ends up with Lemire, Constantine starts with Lemire but ends up with Azz. So who is writing the Stormwatch scene here is kinda up in the air. Once Frank catches up with them, it will likely end up being Lemire, though, assuming any of them survive Brother Eye. I'm guessing at the very least Hawkman, Apollo and Midnighter do, since they seem to be chasing the masked Superman on that teaser they released, they have to get back to Earth for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    *Update - I was lucky enough to have Brian Azzarello at my LCS today for FCBD. He was signing all Future's End #0s and confirmed to me that he is the one writing Terry. He also said that he and Cliff Chiang seriously discussed going on further with WW, but they felt like they had told their story. He doesn't have a new monthly, yet (at least that he can confirm), but possibly has something in the works for an Earth-1 GN featuring GL. Really great guy
    A bit of a shame that we won't see another book with (just) him in the near future... and a bit bummed about him not deciding to stick around on WW, but then again if he told the story he had to tell, it may be for the best.

I was thinking of skipping this because I'm not that familiar with the characters involved (batman beyond and grifter) but after reading the #0, I'm totally intrigued. WIll be buying the first four rounds of issues to check this out. Always love a good borg/robot apocalypse type story.

Man, so much fun to see Terry bickering with A.L.F.R.E.D.

A New 52 Batman Beyond series please? (Considering Spider-Man 2099 just got an on going in the regular universe, hmm)

This looks really good. The storm watch stuff looks pretty interesting. I loved Nina in Shade so its good to see side characters get more play. With Brother Eye being in play I wonder if were going to see OMAC show up in the series.

Pretty sure this book will end with terry in this universe alongside Bruce a LA Spidey 2099.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It's interesting that Terry says he's seven years late to stop Mr. Terrific from creating Brother Eye. I thought that the JLI Annual confirmed that Brother Eye was created by Bruce. So, has that been retconned, or has Terry been misinformed? If Terry has been misinformed, is that because Terry's real mission was supposed to be to kill Past Bruce to stop him from creating Brother Eye--and Future Bruce didn't think Terry would go if he knew that was the mission? Or has Future Bruce been compromised by Brother Eye, and was Terry sent back to unwittingly help Brother Eye's rise to world domination, even while he thinks he's stopping it?

It's also interesting that Jack Hawksmoor has become leader of Stormwatch five years from now. He seemed, based on a couple of comments by his teammates, to be considered the team slacker as of the last issue of Stormwatch. And where's Jenny Q?

Overall, I'm intrigued.
    It was created by Bruce,Futures End 0 confirms it,Terrific also had a hand in it but I think that's more of a misdirect to keep things exciting.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It was created by Bruce,Futures End 0 confirms it,Terrific also had a hand in it but I think that's more of a misdirect to keep things exciting.
    Exactly...for all of the people around here that thought DC had completely forgotten a key piece of the previous continuity, it's not so. This issue specifically said that Brother Eye was created by Batman and Terrific. With Terrific secondary (probably as a front man to Bruce). I think it's great DC is thinking outside the box with this book - having Terry leap into the DCU, even if in the future - is pretty different on their part

I think it's that, though Bruce's really smart and all, there is no denying that Holt is one of the best in the DCU when it comes to computers. So Bruce had the idea for it, and went to Holt to help make it happen. If Holt was a minor part of Brother Eye's creation, killing him would accomplish nothing. I guess Holt used to work for Cadmus?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    btw. I don't think Terry was sent back to kill Bruce, I think he was sent back to kill Holt.
    Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt he was sent back to kill Holt--as far as he knows. But one of the Future's End solicits that recently came out mentions that something will happen, or he'll find something out, that may change his mission. I was just guessing that maybe, as a plot twist, he'll discover something that tells him that Bruce is the real target, and/or that Brother Eye was trying to trick him into killing Holt because Holt, if he survives, could actually be a threat to the rise of the OMACs.

Yes. Agree, a new batman beyond series would be great.

Well at least this looks better than #0 (haven't read #0 as I don't have an LCS, I get everything digitally). Still need some convincing on it, but the rumours of it leading into a Crisis-type thing next year makes me somewhat interested.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Looking at these pages again, anyone else totally creeped out by the guy with the Google Glass (but probably called something else in the DCU) recording Terry's fight with the cyborg? It's not that he's recording it, it's how expressionless he is, it's creepy. You'd think that if a person looked otu the window and saw a superhero fighting a robot, hell yeah they're gonna record it, but it would be accompanied by 'omg, this is so cool, I gotta get this so I can put it on Youtube!' sort of reaction. And he's just.... staring blankly.
    Probably a coincidence, but the Google Glass Guy looks just like Buddy Blank, the original OMAC, as he was drawn in Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape.

Metal Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Sweet. Hawkman showing up already. Wonder how long he has until he bites it?

Hawkman is not going to bite it. If anything, he'll be doing the biting!

I have to say, though, that it's a good time to be a Hawkman fan, with this and his upcoming showdown with Lobo in JLU.