Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Dark Angel

What do you guys think about her? How should she be brought back?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Since DC won't let Hippolyta be the World War II Wonder Woman any more, perhaps a different Amazon could become a member of the JSA and All-Star Squadron under their given name. Hessia, Myrna Black, or that Amazon from Demon Knights(I forget her name) could all fill this role with my preference going to Hessia as she would add some much needed diversity to the WWII JSA. This Amazon(whichever one of the 3 it is) could be the one who becomes Dark Angel's arch-enemy causing her to pay the Amazon back by cursing Donna Troy to live multiple crisis-filled lives.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I like Dark Angel as a Donna Troy villain, personally.

Paula von Gunther was also a host for Dark Angel.

Spectacular Member

I would re-imagine Dark Angel as initially being a revenant of a prehistoric woman murdered by a prehistoric man (a shout out to the Perez-era origins of the Amazons). The injustice, pain, fear and revenge she felt upon death were so strong it created a revenant. Her revenant would manifest periodically near her death site, especially if/when there were strong, violent and murderous emotions nearby. Over time, the revenant began to manifest and try to possess the victims in order to lash out. Eventually, it becomes twisted and sometimes possess the perpetrators to commit violence and murder.

At some point, a German scientist/sorceress named Paul von Gunther encountered the revenant, tried to enslave it and use it to do her bidding. This encounter sparked some sort of sentience in the revenant. It also gained some measure of magic knowledge from Paula von Gunther's mind. If there is a Golden Age Wonder Woman who fought Paula von Gunther, this would also be the time the revenant developed some obsession/hunger/anger towards Wonder Woman.

It roams Europe, possessing women, perpetrating mundane acts of murder and violence; becoming more and more bloodthirsty and power-hungry. At some point, it takes the modern form and name of Dark Angel. (Maybe so named by the women who survive their possession.)

Eventually, she encounters Donna Troy (depends on whichever origins are being used), feels that familiar spark of Amazon/Wonder Woman and tries to possess Donna. Donna successfully fends off the Dark Angel. Because this is the first time in ages since Dark Angel was vanquished so thoroughly, she becomes obsessed with Donna Troy and has since come back repeatedly to plague her.

BANNED

I would just retcon it out of existence utterly and completely, and immediately blacklist any writer who pitched its return or something similar.

There is nothing there to fix. There was no merit to it. It was just an idea that sucked completely. There are no redeeming elements to save.

Incredible Member

Why did I think that Dark Angel was actually a version of Donna Troy? Maybe it was just a theory posited at the time on the old message boards.

Did Dark Angel ever get some sort of origin story?

I think Dark Angel should be brought back, as is, ..but with no connection to Donna.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Why did I think that Dark Angel was actually a version of Donna Troy? Maybe it was just a theory posited at the time on the old message boards.

Did Dark Angel ever get some sort of origin story?
    At one point I think they retconned her to being a Donna Troy from another Earth that was saved by the Anti-Monitor to be his version of Harbinger.

Dark Angel according to Wiki and a few other sources states she is a spirit. You just need to summon her. I think you can have Dark Angel be put in Paula or some other villains

I wouldn't mind if they brought her back as a Wonder foe, especially for Donna, but she needs better reason for "being" and a less convoluted origin to work.

I got nothing right now and would maybe think about it once we get the "one true Donna Troy" returned to us. I don't recognize the current version. Doctor Manhattan really did a number on her.

:: prays for a new beginning for Donna post-Doomsday Clock ::

You can even have her being from a Nazi occult ritual or having her be Circe’s adversary. Even villains have villains

I'm working on a sorceress and witch and magician story in the DCU and just decided to include her. Time to put on the thinking cap about how to update her and her motivations.

An evil spirit or demon some woman will summon, through dark magic, and combine with them to make them stronger.

What would be her design ?