Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Strogo the Sorcerer

This is a bit of an obscure silver age villain. Hailing from a world where fairy tales were real, Strogo was a powerful sorcerer on a world where dark magic was a finite mine-able resource. He had an army of goblins, ogres, witches, wolf men, centaurs, and a shapeshifter named Changling who did his bidding as he did things like laying siege to Cinderellas castle and crushing Prince Charming to death in a mime box.

He never moved beyond his first appearance and his most defining trait was the setting he came from

Seems similar to Queen of Fables so I would just combine them in fact Strogo could be Queen of Fables' real name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Seems similar to Queen of Fables so I would just combine them in fact Strogo could be Queen of Fables' real name lol
    I think Gail Simone gave the Queen of Fables the forename Tsaritsa. So, I’d make Strogo her “loyal” minion.

Kind of like how Maleficent from Disney had Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think Gail Simone gave the Queen of Fables the forename Tsaritsa. So, I’d make Strogo her “loyal” minion.

Kind of like how Maleficent from Disney had Diablo.
    Tsaritsa as a name is dumb. It's a royal title used by the former royal family of Russia.

Anyways, the idea of having Strogo and the Queen of Fables come from the same world is a good one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Tsaritsa as a name is dumb. It's a royal title used by the former royal family of Russia.

Anyways, the idea of having Strogo and the Queen of Fables come from the same world is a good one I think.
    The name doesn't really bother me, but I'd be curious why Simone selected it. (Unless is was something Waid added when he first used her.)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Maybe QoF could be a Russian sorceress with ties to Russian royalty who plans to either haunt those who she blames for the downfall of her family legacy or rule the world with her own magical terrorist organization (and Make Russia Great Again).

Another idea for Strogo, maybe have him be a magical version of Brainiac a mage/sorcerer who wants to learn every type of magic and shrinks a village or island (maybe Paradise Island).