Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Really cool art for these overall. Agree shame about the price though.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Of note, Dazz is #9 of 150, Lorna #68 (when she was introduced - GREAT year! ;D), and Dani #73. Here's 3 more of my best-loved, pet characters:

And #125

OMFG. That Cargill one is everything.

And each of the Marauders gets their own card? Oye. I need these.

Amazing Member

Buying the box is not worth it. I might as well pay a little more for a completed set. The art is sick, though. Loving Moonstar and Frenzy.

I want them.

Anyone have an image of the Monet card?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I love that Dust and Frenzy... too bad I'm not paying up to $10 a pack for this.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Please keep posting pics of these cards. These make me nostalgic af.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

In love with Sage's card.IMG-20180702-WA0040.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Anyone have an image of the Monet card?
    There it is in the middle:

IMG-20180705-WA0032.jpg

BANNED

This site has a checklist of all the cards: https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...-trading-cards

Looks like besides the base 150 cards, there's also a ton of extra sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post

IMG-20180705-WA0032.jpg
    Thank you!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post

IMG-20180705-WA0032.jpg
    Yes, thank you, as I couldn't find it. Will keep lookin' tho, for a bigger, individual version. In the meantime, Bobby:

... and two of the new Astonishing boys:

These certainly don't look worth the money. A big no on this Fleer set. A lot of derivative art, a few really good original pieces, but the descriptions of the characters in several cases, the presentation of the character, is horrible. If you're a Magneto fan, DO NOT BUY these cards as a package or set. I found as many pictures of Magneto cards as I could via Google search--what a waste of cards, a character, and money if you buy these. Except for Molinelli's autograph card which doesn't have any offensive captioning, and is good.

Someone at Marvel, or whoever makes these cards, decided to impose their own personal prejudice against the character, instead of presenting judicial coverage of Magneto's long history. Heavy concentration on Silver Age crap, with descriptions right out of "Pinky and the Brain" -- he's going to *conquer the world* and he's always ready to *conquer the world*... WTF? Grow up, whoever made these Fleer cards. Or read some comics after 1982. One Magneto card features Dave Cockrum art from UNCANNY #150, when he thinks he's killed Kitty Pryde--the description says, Magneto thinks he killed Kitty and *in a blink" (to paraphrase) *leaves his "wicked ways." "Wicked ways"? Seriously Marvel? (And that's not what happened either; Claremont developed Magneto's change of heart over the course of two or three years after UNCANNY #150.)

Like I said, there is one card of original art by Rich Molinelli that looks great. No simple-minded caption or description; it's worth buying separately on eBay. One picture of Magneto in his white costume from the Bendis/Cullen Bunn era completely inaccurate description (something like he's a "mutant separatist" always waiting "for the moment to strike"). That is totally NOT what Magneto was about during the Bendis and Bunn era. Magneto was a hero and anti-hero at the time, hence the WHITE COSTUME.

So if you want to see crazy Silver Age Magneto leering from UNCANNY #1, #17 and 18, #60 (wearing Angel's uniform no less), with robot nanny from UNCANNY #112, oh and don't forget tearing down Carion Cove in the Dark Seduction limited series, and generally sneering and grimacing like a 19th century penny dreadful villain, then these 2018 Fleer Ultras are for you. Oh, and Magneto is described as being affiliated with the "Acolytes." Again, who did the research for these cards and when did they stop reading comics?

Any other character on a redemption arc, like Frenzy or Juggernaut, and others, you can forget about--they're just outright villains according to Fleer. Except for Emma Frost--which is good--but then her darker past is ignored too. Polaris has one readable card.

Like I said, I would strongly suggest if you want cards of your favorite character, you get them on eBay or go to conventions or comic shops that are selling the cards individually. (I could only find one Polaris card that made any sense--there might be more--but of COURSE it said on the back, *she doesn't share her father's dream of world domination.* Magneto isn't dreaming of "world domination." He's fighting to save mutants. And there it is in a nutshell, everything Magnus Family fans loathe in the depiction of these characters; Polaris is depicted as being a Xavierite who hates her father.) ARGH! I have several complete sets of X-Men cards from the 1990s, and even during the worst of the anti-Magneto '90s, the collectible Marvel cards weren't this bad!

Sorry for the rant. But these 2018 Fleers raised my expectations and ended up REALLY making me angry.
    Last edited by Rivka; 07-09-2018 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

The base cards are divided in half, 1-75 = 'heroes', and 76-150 = 'villains'. Of note, Nightcrawler & Gambit apparently weren't deemed worthy enough, to be counted among them. But never fear, Ch'od & Leech were, lol. Whatta head-scratcher.