Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    These are absolutely amazing. Wow. WOW
    I thought so, too.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    where is the jean one?
    Besides the Dead & Gone card Heroine Addict posted, I can see on eBay that Jean is heavily represented in the cards. There is Phoenix in the Super Heroes section, Dark Phoenix in the Super Villains section, Jean Grey in 'the 92 insert subset, Phoenix in the Metal Blasters insert subset, Dark Phoenix in the Stax subset, several sketch cards, and several cards in the Buyback subset (like Jean Grey, the Wedding of Cyclops & Jean Grey, Spring Break Scott & Jean).

I can't find these in any local stores.

Damnit Marvel, just...damnit.

I caved and just bought s box online. Can’t wait to share with everyone what I got!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I caved and just bought s box online. Can’t wait to share with everyone what I got!
    With each box only yielding 72 cards, you'll have to buy at least 3 boxes to even have a long shot of collecting all 150 cards... Slimy move Marvel/ Fleer. No one is going to invest $11+ a pack. They knew people would rather buy a whole box rather than burn their money on individual packs.

And the scalping begins lol; https://www.ebay.com/i/292634010354?chn=ps
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-17-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

I wish there were in stores buying -packs are so much fun.If anyone is going to comicon this week please ask someone why aren't they in comic stores,Im sure people will buy them
    I don't understand why they don't sell then anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I wish there were in stores buying -packs are so much fun.If anyone is going to comicon this week please ask someone why aren't they in comic stores,Im sure people will buy them
    I don't understand why they don't sell then anymore
    Probably a really good place to unload some singles. But dang... $10-12 a pack? And thats not making a profit. Just to stay in the black retailers are going to have to maintain that price unless they get boxes for half of what the consumer pays. i don't think $2.00 is a good enough profit margin for any business.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I really do like the original art on many of them, tho. I know Moonstar's card was goin' for a real pretty penny, last time I saw it on eBay, the dang gougers.

Once I get the box, does anyone wanna trade with me on my doubles? It will be cheaper than buying on eBay.....it’ll be like 1992 again. Lol.
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 07-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Mighty Member

Is there anything on the back of the cards

Once I get the box, does anyone wanna trade with me on my doubles? It will be cheaper than buying on eBay.....it’ll be like 1992 again. Lol.
    No because back in '92 we could find a pack at the local drugstore or supermarket and actually afford them. -_-

Only 1 double out of the whole box. There are so many different subsets which is going to make it difficult to complete......the cards are super thick! I remember in the mid 90’s, Marvel had a set that was thick. But these are even thickerer

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Is there anything on the back of the cards
    Yes there is fin. Just like the 1994 series. A really brief bio, and power description, real name, and group affiliation. Costume choices are so random. Range from classic to modern.

I’m satisfied with the set and hope they continue next year. Just at a different price point I hope.

I was very excited when these were announced! Since the comics can't give me what I need, I have had to turn to action figures and statues. And I was going to add trading cards back to that list. However, once I saw the braindead STUPID decision to very deliberately lock out many potential buyers by charging such a ridiculous price per pack/box, that very quickly changed. Then to only have 6 cards per pack and 12 packs per box?! Outrageous!! Not to mention the inexcusable absence of Gambit (even in the "X-Men '92" subset) and Nightcrawler (even Apocalypse), I have been forced to give a very passionate middle finger to both Marvel and Fleer on these baffling decisions. With the prices they are charging, I expect perfection. Missing two key members is one of the most insane self-sabotaging practices I have seen a company do. Why on Earth would I want to pay an absurd price for something that will never be able to be "completed"? The glaring omission of Gambit in just the "'92" subset would be too distracting to find any joy in it. It's crazy that I could afford and collect these cards much easier as a kid with no job. I will MAYBE get the two Rogue cards since they both featured her iconic uniform, but that is as far as I can go. I really wanted to see this set do well to encourage future sets, but I can/will not defend Marvel, Fleer nor anyone involved in the insulting marketing of these cards. Maybe instead of printing these cards on priceless ground-up moon rocks, they should have just printed them on normal cardstock so that many more people who need to eat and pay bills could still afford to collect them. What a crazy concept, right?!?
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 07-21-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Only 1 double out of the whole box. There are so many different subsets which is going to make it difficult to complete......the cards are super thick! I remember in the mid 90’s, Marvel had a set that was thick. But these are even thickerer
    Awesome... So only like 2 more boxes? I kid, but I'm not... Get anything rare?
    Guild Member