Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Default Green Lantern Corps Appreciation

One of the most prestigious groups in the DCU, the Green Lantern Corps have had their fair share of rises and falls, but have remained a staple in the universe. This is the place to share your love for this boisterous bunch of aliens. Feel free to celebrate them in any incarnation, past or present.

This thread is primarily to appreciation the Corps as a whole, in addition to being an all-encompassing appreciation location for any of the more obscure characters that we love. Please keep any debates about the human Green Lanterns out of this thread.

Who are your favorite members? What are your favorite story arcs? Which incarnation of the Corps is your favorite?

Ch'P is the best non-human GL

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Steve Englehart's run is required reading for any GL Corps fan

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Ch'P is the best non-human GL
    He's definitely my favorite non-humanoid GL, but idk about non-human in general. I'm kind of partial to anyone from Tomasi's lineup.

Astonishing Member

I adore the whole Iolande/Soranik dynamic. Who knew they both had despot family members, right?

There have been standouts in the Johns/Tomasi era, but so many of them got a moment or two to shine just so they'd get some feels when they became cannon-fodder. I wasn't stoked when Jack T. Chance bit it. Or that one guy, the nomad, who got eaten by Blume. Or the seer guy who tracked the Black Lantern and would've been handy during Blackest Night.

Still, total standouts; The Wog ... Arisia and the Lost Lanterns ... Isamot & Vath (who like make no sense now that Rann and Thanagar aren't all next to each other via planetary Zeta teleport). B'dg.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Kilowog, Tomar-Re and the beautiful Jade. (Loved her in the Outsiders. )

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I adore the whole Iolande/Soranik dynamic. Who knew they both had despot family members, right?

There have been standouts in the Johns/Tomasi era, but so many of them got a moment or two to shine just so they'd get some feels when they became cannon-fodder. I wasn't stoked when Jack T. Chance bit it. Or that one guy, the nomad, who got eaten by Blume. Or the seer guy who tracked the Black Lantern and would've been handy during Blackest Night.

Still, total standouts; The Wog ... Arisia and the Lost Lanterns ... Isamot & Vath (who like make no sense now that Rann and Thanagar aren't all next to each other via planetary Zeta teleport). B'dg.
    Ah yes, Iolande and Soranik, Isamoth and Vath, Arisia and Sodam... The last volume had some really great duos. I really loved how they all had their own ongoing missions that melded together for one story.

Rann and Thanagar still have animosity towards each other, so at least there's still some background from Isamoth and Vath's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Steve Englehart's run is required reading for any GL Corps fan

I would say that every fan should try every different volume of GLC, but the first is the most important.

BANNED

Nvr read GL buks until d start of Nu 52 & we'SZ r REALLY luving GLC & RL ryt now.

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

I've read (from Wikipedia) that the Green Lantern Corps is the inspiration behind the Jedi Knights...

Quote Originally Posted by green blogger View Post
    I've read (from Wikipedia) that the Green Lantern Corps is the inspiration behind the Jedi Knights...
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by green blogger View Post
    Perhaps thats the case, like the Lensmen were part of the inspiration for the GLC.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I miss Boodikka and Katma. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Nvr read GL buks until d start of Nu 52 & we'SZ r REALLY luving GLC & RL ryt now.
    I've loved just about every incarnation of the GLC. Anytime you find can find one of their trades at a reasonable price, I'd recommend picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I miss Boodikka and Katma. That is all.
    Boodikka's awesome, I was a little disheartened when they turned her into an Alpha Lantern.
    Katma's pretty cool too, but Sora's definitely my favorite Lantern from Korugar. Still, I would like to see Katma brought back. I think she would mix nicely with the current cast of GLC.

Anyways, art time!
    Every DC appreciation thread needs some sort of Alex Ross art:

I've never seen that Alex Ross piece before. It's pretty cool