42 HUNT FOR WOLVERINE ADAMANTIUM AGENDA #2
    73 PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
    80 WAKANDA FOREVER AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
    81 PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #305
    84 PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #306
    93 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #800
    96 SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #34

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-in-june-2018/

I do find it interesting that Slott's first Iron Man comic is above his last(?) Spider-Man comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do find it interesting that Slott's first Iron Man comic is above his last(?) Spider-Man comic.
    Not really surprising that a new #1 with a ton of variants would be higher than issue #801 of another book - no matter if it is a notable issue.

Looking at the Spider-Titles, it's very clear that we're due for an influx of new books. Wonder if the October solicits will have anything on that front.

I thought Venom would be much higher.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not really surprising that a new #1 with a ton of variants would be higher than issue #801 of another book - no matter if it is a notable issue.
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Deadpool, Thor, and Hulk all got new #1s and are lower on the chart than Slott's first Iron Man and last(?) Spider-Man.

Looking at the Spider-Titles, it's very clear that we're due for an influx of new books. Wonder if the October solicits will have anything on that front.
    I wonder if Spider-Geddon is intended to serve as a launch point for a new batch of Spider-titles.

I'm certain that it is, namely Miles Morales Spider-Man (will it still be adjectiveless?), Spider-Gwen, and probably two or three more titles - though we may be losing Scarlet Spider and Renew Your Vows. I would also expect Spectacular Spider-Man to be relaunched.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As did I, oh well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It seems to be an excellent debut for Slott's Iron Man, and a solid finale to his Spider-Man, especially since it's a one-off issue.

Venom appears to be doing okay for its third issue.

Those seem like terrible rankings for Spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised if that series goes away in favor of greater output of ASM (Spencer's a pretty fast writer so he won't have the issues with writing several books a month that Slott did.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

We'll see how his Iron Man holds up after the first issue as Iron Man hasn't exactly lit the charts on fire no matter what creative team has been put on it in the last 5-10 years.

After having read the issue Slott sure does love him some Jocasta though Seems like he's the primary Marvel writer who'll look to utilize the character whenever he gets the chance in anything Avengers related (Avengers the Initative, Mighty Avengers & now TS: Iron Man.

BANNED

Doesn't look good for Spec, i am afraid...

Incredible Member

I think it's safe to assume that TS:IM, like all books with strong #1 openings (and incentive variants), will take a standard drop for an issue #2. But that's cool. We're going to give it our all and try to break the LONG TERM trend.

The thing I'm really proud of is how high that #801 issue placed. No #1. No crazy amount of variants. Just saying "Done in one story. Last issue of the run. Special guest-artist Marcos Martin." I love that THAT was the sell on that. Thank you for the support on that issue! And thank you for the support for this whole damn run! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems to be an excellent debut for Slott's Iron Man, and a solid finale to his Spider-Man, especially since it's a one-off issue.

Venom appears to be doing okay for its third issue.

Those seem like terrible rankings for Spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised if that series goes away in favor of greater output of ASM (Spencer's a pretty fast writer so he won't have the issues with writing several books a month that Slott did.)
    My guess is that Spectacular won't end, but it will just be relaunched to give it a sales boost. Just because I feel like they'll still want to have a secondary Spider-Man title, especially alongside the other Spider books we know almost certainly we're getting too. And do you think, thanks to Spencer's writing experience, that there's a chance he may do another book alongside ASM, Spider-Man or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    The thing I'm really proud of is how high that #801 issue placed. No #1. No crazy amount of variants. Just saying "Done in one story. Last issue of the run. Special guest-artist Marcos Martin." I love that THAT was the sell on that. Thank you for the support on that issue! And thank you for the support for this whole damn run! :-D
    And it completely deserved it. Congratulations again! And hopefully Marvel sees "Marco Martins sells" and decides to get him to do more for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    My guess is that Spectacular won't end, but it will just be relaunched to give it a sales boost. Just because I feel like they'll still want to have a secondary Spider-Man title, especially alongside the other Spider books we know almost certainly we're getting too. And do you think, thanks to Spencer's writing experience, that there's a chance he may do another book alongside ASM, Spider-Man or not?
    I'm worried about them relaunching Spectacular considering the "sales boost" of a relaunch tends to only lasts for one issue before the sales start dipping down even faster.

I think, for one reason or another, Spencer's focus is probably going to be just on ASM for the foreseeable future, at least as far as his Marvel work.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Don't say that. Spec is by far my current favorite Spider-Man related ongoing. I really hope it doesn't get canceled.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It was.

What the OP didn't list was that Venom #2 was at 12. So, #2 at 12 and #3 at 21. A very good showing for both.

A lot of competition this month so those placings are nothing to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Spec is fine. I don't know why people are acting as though it's in trouble.

A book doesn't have to be in the Top 20 or even Top 50 to still be performing well.

Just because Spec isn't doing ASM numbers doesn't mean it's in danger of cancellation.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 07-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.