Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that TS:IM, like all books with strong #1 openings (and incentive variants), will take a standard drop for an issue #2. But that's cool. We're going to give it our all and try to break the LONG TERM trend.
    Loved the first issue! It was SO GOOD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It was.

What the OP didn't list was that Venom #2 was at 12. So, #2 at 12 and #3 at 21. A very good showing for both.

A lot of competition this month so those placings are nothing to sneeze at.

Spec is fine. I don't know why people are acting as though it's in trouble.

A book doesn't have to be in the Top 20 or even Top 50 to still be performing well.

Just because Spec isn't doing ASM numbers doesn't mean it's in danger of cancellation.
    Αmen to that. I really enjoying Spec myself, especially with the Parallel Universe arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Αmen to that. I really enjoying Spec myself, especially with the Parallel Universe arc.
    I am loving Spec as well but it's kinda hard to know where the "cancellation line" is with Marvel titles these days. Also, this chart doesn't give us actual sales numbers, just rankings so difficult to speculate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am loving Spec as well but it's kinda hard to know where the "cancellation line" is with Marvel titles these days. Also, this chart doesn't give us actual sales numbers, just rankings so difficult to speculate.
    The full charts will come later in the week.

BANNED

Remaining Spider-Title placements

124 Spider-Gwen
    126 Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
    144 Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider

Sales figures

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-06.html

Yeah, Spec's in no danger. It's well above the cutoff, which used to be 20k but is probably lower nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Remaining Spider-Title placements

124 Spider-Gwen
    126 Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
    144 Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider

Sales figures

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-06.html
    So it looks like PP:SSM is living in that 25-27k neighborhood which should be safe harbor.....for now anyway. Spider-Gwen, Ben Reilly and RYV are all about 10k less than that and so I would expect relaunches/cancellations there. Hopefully, PP:SSM is safe for a while; this creative team is doing great work IMO and it deserves a longer run.

I still see it relaunching just to get rid of the legacy numbering. But Zdarsky would stay on.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I still see it relaunching just to get rid of the legacy numbering. But Zdarsky would stay on.
    The legacy numbering always felt a little tacked on for Spec, if only so it could reach a milestone issue that it really didn't feel like it was building towards.

Also, most if not all of the other Legacy numbered books have since relaunched.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Spec's in no danger. It's well above the cutoff, which used to be 20k but is probably lower nowadays.
    The cutoff may be different for a Peter Parker book.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Deadpool, Thor, and Hulk all got new #1s and are lower on the chart than Slott's first Iron Man and last(?) Spider-Man.

I wonder if Spider-Geddon is intended to serve as a launch point for a new batch of Spider-titles.
    I think it's a certainty that Spider-Geddon will launch a few books. It's been their MO in the past, and it makes sense.

Miles getting a book is a given.. I see Spider-Gwen getting another book, although maybe as leader of a team. I also think it's only a matter of time until Venom leads a team too, he's just getting too much exposure not to get one at some point. Post Spider-Geddon seems a safe bet.

I really want a new Jessica Drew Spider-Woman book. That would be my top choice for a sort of left field new book

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Miles getting a book is a given.. I see Spider-Gwen getting another book, although maybe as leader of a team. I also think it's only a matter of time until Venom leads a team too, he's just getting too much exposure not to get one at some point. Post Spider-Geddon seems a safe bet.
    Venomverse was kind of a Venom team book. I'm sure when one is released it'll probably be written by Cullen Bunn .

I've always looked at those sales figures as, if it sells over 30K, then its doing very well and is safe, if its between 20K-30K, then its okay, not doing spectacularly, but probably won't get cancelled anytime soon, and if its below 20K, then the book is in danger of getting cancelled.

Now there's of course some exceptions, Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl sell below 10K every month and they last because they make all their money in digital and trades. Other books like Ms. Marvel, Champions, Exiles, and Runaways are in the same boat. Spectacular & SP/DP I feel are safe for as long as Marvel wants, however I would not be surprised if the end is near for Scarlet Spider and RYV. I am really hopeful RYV does get a second wind, in the form of a relaunched book or something, just because that series does feel like it still has more potential.

Astonishing Member

Amazing Spider-Man keep on being consistently a best seller in the last stories by Dan Slott.
    Venom drop from the chart does not seem that significant because i see this month were lots of special issues of comic books related to Batman and Super-Man.