Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

Cesar was the one that brought the Joker to life and infulenced every actor that performed the role after him. No one had done him live before. Cesar's take was the template. I still remember him scaring the living **** out me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    Romero was the best Joker ever. To be honest, I do love the campy Batshow and I think it captures most of the "main" villains perfectly.
    I don't see how anyone couldn't love that show. It's a classic, and one of the most memorable incarnations of the franchise. It was really sold the comic to audiences - audiences that were not interested in the character or comic books in general.

The series was one of the most sought after shows to be released on DVD. People begged for it for decades, but there were all sorts of legal issues.

BANNED

Don't forget Romero's Joker is supposed to be "colour-disfigured" like the comic book counterpart. The moustache truly looks like greenish hair naturally growing from his bleached skin, and I love this a lot.
    I don't know what type of green they used for his hair, even.

I don't think any episode of the show debunked the fact that the Joker is supposed to be colour-disfigured. He looked bleached and green-haired even when he was in prison.

Spectacular Member

CR scared the crap out of me as The Joker when I was a kid. He was terrific as The Joker. He would still give me the creeps if he was doing it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    (I perceivet Romero's as blonde).
    That probably had more to do with the color saturation of your own tv. Or what background he was up against effected it too.

Last edited by Güicho; 06-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.

And how come he is sometimes bald with a mustache? .
    ?
    Romero's infamous mustache is common knowledge, but bald?
    When was he Bald as the Joker?

Do you mean the Pagliacci mask?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ds2v3Cs6MBoY/giphy.gif

That episode echoes a lot of stuff we have seen in The Laughing Fish, The Dark Knight and the 1989 movie. If anything, I'd have reduced a lot of face time, so that the Pagliacci scene is his fist one and the audience really soils his pants.
    Yeah that would have worked great, and terrifying.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-10-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Romero was amazing as Joker and of course we all owe Hamill's Joker to Romero since Hamill was just doing his take on Romero's Joker.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Cesar Romero did a phenomenal job as the Joker. He was my favorite villain from the show.

The only live Media Joker I didn't like was Leto's. Excluding his performance, the Joker was blessed with amazing talent portraying him

- Cesar Romero
    - Jack Nicholson
    - Mark Hamill (He deserves the spot)
    - Heath Ledger
    - Cameron Riley Monaghan

https://media.comicbook.com/2016/05/...178-1280x0.jpg
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1557883501

It is funny a recurring suposedly "modern" visual trend, DKR, SS, etc, is to now portray a more civilian Joker in a white suit.
    Yet that as per Romero was his civilian suit when he's paroled.

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/4i1pcs.gif[/IMG

Last edited by Güicho; 12-14-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I always liked Cesar Romero as The Joker. I thought he was pretty awesome too. As a fun bit of trivia, Romero refused to shave off his moustache for the role, so they had to put make-up over it.
    And rightly so, that mustache made him famous. Starting out as a dancer he went unnoticed. Although always handsome the mustache broke up his long face and took him from a 8 to a 10. That's why it's a shame modern guys don't wear them often, a mustache really adds a rugged suaveness to certain faces.