Default DBZ: Cell vs. Teamups.

EDIT: Damn it meant to post in Rumbles, can a mod move please

The idiot ball gets a workout in Cell Saga, more so than usual. But putting aside standard saiyan stupidity, wanting to bang a hot android, and other moments that make you scream why. There's something more basic, namely, Cell fights everyone one on one until literally the last few moments of the saga. So if Earth's heroes had teamed up would it have been possible to put Cell down earlier and easier?

Trying to keep this semi realistic to what occurred in the saga, so pairings are only possible at that time.

16/17/18/Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell

In cannon Piccolo gets blasted before 16 steps up, what if all the characters jump him with 16 leading the charge?

Trunks and Vegeta vs. Perfect Cell
    Obviously Vegeta would never have agreed to this, but for the sake of argument Trunks jumps in before Vegeta gets curbstomped.

Goku, Vegeta, Trunks vs. Perfect Cell
    Do they get in the way? Or can goku just set cell up where Vegeta and trunks can dish out some attacks.

Goku and Gohan (SSJ1) vs. Perfect Cell
    This one feels like a curbstomp, but open to ideas why it's not.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

16/17/18/Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell
    Cell immediately does a solar flare and swallows one of the androids. The rest of the fight is a wash.

Trunks and Vegeta vs. Perfect Cell
    Both get destroyed. Cell is far far beyond either one of them.

Goku, Vegeta, Trunks vs. Perfect Cell
    In the worst case, Cell can make Vegeta and Trunks a non-factor by just popping out some Cell Juniours. Slim possibility in this scenario that Goku can get a spirit bomb going, but I doubt it. THAT SAID, if we spot Goku a bit more knowledge beforehand and give him Khazan bloodlust, I believe he could possibly win on his own simply by changing the aim a bit on his teleport Kamehameha and/or aggressively and rapidly blasting any remaining scraps.

Goku and Gohan (SSJ1) vs. Perfect Cell
    Are we saying that Gohan won't snap and go to SS2? If not, then my next question is are they bloodlusted for this scenario? If so, yeah, the two of them fighting together should cover the main deficiency that caused Goku to lose (i.e. running out of energy). If not, then I think Gohan is going to take long enough to start actually fighting, that Cell will have an opportunity to pop out some Cell Juniours and mitigate their advantage. The other problem is that, unless we're giving them basic knowledge, they still don't know that Cell can come back at this point, and they can't beat Perfect Cell's second advent unless Gohan hits SS2.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm reminded of Goku vs. Piccolo Jr, where it didn't matter if everyone jumped him at one since even an exhausted Piccolo was still too fast and powerful for anyone except Goku to be off any use against at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm reminded of Goku vs. Piccolo Jr, where it didn't matter if everyone jumped him at one since even an exhausted Piccolo was still too fast and powerful for anyone except Goku to be off any use against at that time.
    That's one thing that annoys me about the franchise in general. I think that's more than fine for Goku and Piccolo Jr. to be in that kind of situation. It's climactic and dramatic and it makes sense narratively. But then that gets applied to even minions (especially in movies), where then only Goku can stand up to them, and even then simultaneously.

Having Goku and Vegeta handle the big guns? Be my guest. But the weaker henchmen? Leave that to the Z-Fighters, but obviously the Z-Fighters exist so that Goku can save them.

While there were also plenty of teamups in the Tournament of Power, it was mostly with the upper-half of the team. There really was no reason to keep Roshi, Krillin, and Tien from teaming up with each other more often, especially since they're the ones who paid attention to Gohan's plan of doing exactly just that. But then again, the Tournament gave the more obscure Z-Fighters a few moments to shine that they otherwise haven't had in two decades.

Extraordinary Member

While power-wise any pre-perfect version of Cell could be beaten by team-ups, he is usually too clever and always catches everyone with the Solar Flare and either escapes or absorbs an android before anyone can do anything.

And a teamup against Perfect Cell isn't going to work any better than teaming up against Nappa did before Goku showed up. He would have beaten Goku without even using his full power, and not even Vegeta and Trunks came close to Goku in power at that time. They'd get hits in, but the power gap would be too great to overcome except with Gohan going SSJ2.

In the first fight, the best course of action would be for 17 and 18 to either immediately kill themselves or fly away in opposite directions as fast as possible while 16 holds Cell off and Piccolo tried to provide cover fire.

In the last fight, with Goku there to directly keep his mind in the game and provide moral support (ie: cause him to fly into a rage when Cell hurts/kills him), then SSJ1 Gohan seemed to be more or less even with Cell, if not a notch stronger considering how little damage Cell did while Gohan essentially just did there and took it for the most part, and he should be able to distract Cell long enough for Goku to land another teleporting Kamehameha or charge a Genki Dama, and then Gohan should be able to vaporize any remains before regeneration starts.

A question regarding the Cell Jrs, would Cell have been able to manage that had Goku not (stupidly) given him a senzu bean? Aside from a light sparring with Gohan he was completely fresh. Not sure he would be able to manage that during or post any fight with Goku otherwise.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    A question regarding the Cell Jrs, would Cell have been able to manage that had Goku not (stupidly) given him a senzu bean? Aside from a light sparring with Gohan he was completely fresh. Not sure he would be able to manage that during or post any fight with Goku otherwise.
    Probably? I mean, there's no indication that it lowered his power level at all, and seemed to be more of a biological quirk rather than an actual technique.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Probably? I mean, there's no indication that it lowered his power level at all, and seemed to be more of a biological quirk rather than an actual technique.
    I find it even more remarkable that each one supposedly had his power (according to Cell, though. And they each blew up from a single blow by Gohan, whereas the real Cell was clearly much more durable -- of course, we can blame this on the anime, not the manga, where it was never said that they were each as strong as him).

But yeah, agreed about the biological quirk thing.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I find it even more remarkable that each one supposedly had his power (according to Cell, though. And they each blew up from a single blow by Gohan, whereas the real Cell was clearly much more durable -- of course, we can blame this on the anime, not the manga, where it was never said that they were each as strong as him).

But yeah, agreed about the biological quirk thing.
    While that is probably just anime filler, it should be noted that SSJ2 Gohan was explicitly toying with Perfect Cell to make him suffer, being about to easily punch him so hard that he vomited himself back to Stage 2 when he felt like actually punching him..

Spectacular Member

1. Cell does a solar flare, absorbs 17 or 18, gets stronger and owns the other three.

2. Cell finishes his warm up faster, powers up a bit, stomps father and son.

3-4. Cell goes max power, stomps them all.