Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Default So, lets talk Bruno Mars, Culture Vulture or nah?

Found a interesting video discussing this?

My response is; Black people need to support better artists, and we have *A LOT*. But we're too far up Rihanna, and Beyonce's ass, along with those terrible mumble rappers, that aren't even really rappers. Jazmine Sullivan should be HUGE, along with Janelle Monae. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that black people doing authentic R&B and Hip-Hop in it's purest form is seen as "old hat", or "typical". But it's unique when a none black person does it, face it if Adele was black she wouldn't have sold anywhere near the albums she did. I also think that people will tolerate white artists doing black music as long as they don't become too successful, and garner all of the media attention. kinda like Eminem, who has the media drooling over him. Which to be fair made him uncomfortable. Non black POC are in the same boat when they do black music, it's seen as unique. So it's no surprise that Bruno got as huge as he has, mostly by white fans. It's the only part of the video i kinda push back on. I know black people defend Bruno, but are they the main ones buying his music though?
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 07-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.