Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jolt, anyone?!?
    I'm there for that.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

who would be playing Jolt?

I'd also like to see Charcoal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who would be playing Jolt?

I'd also like to see Charcoal.
    After the creators of Charcoal got snippy, don't expect to ever see him again in any Marvel medium that isn't fanfiction

Glad suicide squad 3 is now filming. Sure, wish we would get a thunderbolts movie with bad guys posing as good guys getting temped by the power of good however. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Glad suicide squad 3 is now filming. Sure, wish we would get a thunderbolts movie with bad guys posing as good guys getting temped by the power of good however. Maybe one day.
    That premise sounds better suited for a tv show actually, since they'd be able to take time showing this conversion,(for some) as well as taking time with the premise and when their grift would be exposed. Unfortunately, Marvel no longer being the juggernaut it once was makes that less and less likely.

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to mostly be a vehicle for Yelena.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to mostly be a vehicle for Yelena.
    It just might be. The concept of this movie is just not "Thunderbolts" enough for me. I do like Yelena's character in the MCU but I would have loved an actual Thunderbolts project. I also agree if the original concept was applied it would work better as a series to flesh out the villains turning good. Honestly Marvel making Disney+ shows is a good idea for some of their projects despite it being frowned on nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It just might be. The concept of this movie is just not "Thunderbolts" enough for me. I do like Yelena's character in the MCU but I would have loved an actual Thunderbolts project. I also agree if the original concept was applied it would work better as a series to flesh out the villains turning good. Honestly Marvel making Disney+ shows is a good idea for some of their projects despite it being frowned on nowadays.
    What 'villains' are still around? That's the thing with the MCU- almost all of the villains are wrapped up in the same movie they appeared in. Villains like Zemo or Abomination, or gray characters like Ghost, are the exception.

So if you don't have that roster of established villains, you could do like Suicide Squad and introduce them all in the movie. Or you take a roster of already established characters that operate in the gray, like Yelena or Bucky, and use the Thunderbolts as a vehicle to feature them.

Personally, I'm glad they did that. I'd rather have more Yelena, Bucky, Red Guardian, and others that I already know and enjoy. And maybe they'll use the movie to introduce other characters, like Songbird, and set them up for a sequel of their own.

I mean, if you believe the rumors spoilers:
    they literally name the team after...her childhood soccer team.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What 'villains' are still around? That's the thing with the MCU- almost all of the villains are wrapped up in the same movie they appeared in. Villains like Zemo or Abomination, or gray characters like Ghost, are the exception.

So if you don't have that roster of established villains, you could do like Suicide Squad and introduce them all in the movie. Or you take a roster of already established characters that operate in the gray, like Yelena or Bucky, and use the Thunderbolts as a vehicle to feature them.

Personally, I'm glad they did that. I'd rather have more Yelena, Bucky, Red Guardian, and others that I already know and enjoy. And maybe they'll use the movie to introduce other characters, like Songbird, and set them up for a sequel of their own.
    Just make Black Widow 2 then.

Even the Thunderbolts in the comics evolved from the original premise - look at Thunderbolt Ross's team, or the one Bucky lead. This is one of those instances where you just have to let go of your expectations based on the name and just approach this adaptation as its own thing - or just a new iteration of the team, like when a book relaunches with a new premise.

Astonishing Member

Since Avengers were films and not a TV series, it's understandable that MCU is missing a lot of B and C villains. But honestly, I don't have much interest in MCU Thunderbolts. Seems like a mish mash of leftover (okay) characters. It is basically a watered down Suicide Squad. TV series, maybe. Big budget film -- I think it's going to be another disappointment -- not Madame Web bad, but closer to The Marvels and Quantumania.

i feel that red guardian will be killed off in this movie; that and it doesn’t sound like thunderbolt ross/ red hulk is even going to be in this movie, has killed whatever interest i had in it.

Ironically I think adding Zemo and Abomination would have brought some flavor to the team. I don't hate the idea of this team. Just call it something else. Call it Widow's Task Force or something like that. For a studio that changed Namor's origins to separate him from Aquaman they sure aren't doing the same for this and Suicide Squad. I'll agree they killed off too many of their villains for the original concept to work as well as changing Zemo. Honestly after how much they use him in What If I'm betting they wish they hadn't killed Killmonger. He'd likely have been the first choice for a Thunderbolts project.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if you believe the rumors spoilers:
    they literally name the team after...her childhood soccer team.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know if I love or hate that. Florence Pugh can easily make such a thing like that work on screen though.

I don't know if I love or hate that. Florence Pugh can easily make such a thing like that work on screen though.
    I think it's pretty dumb myself.