Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sentry needs to be a disney plus show where it's the golden age type hero tales than reality starts to break. A wandavision / Twighlight zone type tale.

Putting him in thunderbolts as a generic bad guy without the comics twist is a huge waste. Then again, they are using a team with one of the biggest twists in comics and wasting it by using the later ss rip-off over the originals so guess it makes sense.
    I would love to see this in The MCU.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Sentry needs to be a disney plus show where it's the golden age type hero tales than reality starts to break. A wandavision / Twighlight zone type tale.

Putting him in thunderbolts as a generic bad guy without the comics twist is a huge waste. Then again, they are using a team with one of the biggest twists in comics and wasting it by using the later ss rip-off over the originals so guess it makes sense.
    Not even just an SS ripoff, this feels like a Black Widow spinoff more than it does a Thunderbolts team.

Mighty Member

Bucky Barnes Is the De Facto Leader of the THUNDERBOLTS

Recently Kevin Feige shared, a little bit more about the upcoming movie. He praised the casting of the heroes and noted that Bucky Barnes would become the rallying point of the team.

They are barely heroes. None of them would consider themselves heroes. When your de facto leader is Bucky Barnes, that’s sort of all you need to know. That’s the trickle down. But again, it goes to the amazing work that [casting director] Sarah Finn has done across the whole MCU. You’ve got David Harbour and Florence Pugh and these people who are at the top of their game and popping in everything they’re doing. They’re already here and established in the MCU, and we get to build the movie around them.

It'll be fun when Bucky tells Yalena how he shot her sister... twice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It'll be fun when Bucky tells Yalena how he shot her sister... twice.
    Ohhhh...if Black Widow and Hawkeye are any indication, this'll be such a fun fight!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    He has the most combat experience and is the most competent (sorry Red Guardian).

But man this really sounds like discount Suicide Squad with Bucky as the Rick Flag. And "across the MCU" but it feels mostly Black Widow driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He has the most combat experience and is the most competent (sorry Red Guardian).

But man this really sounds like discount Suicide Squad with Bucky as the Rick Flag. And "across the MCU" but it feels mostly Black Widow driven.
    So, if Bucky = Flag does that mean
    -- Yalena = Harley Quinn. HQ is the quirky killer who started out secondary to Joker and emulates him but it just starting to emerge from his shadow. Yalena is a quirky killer who started out secondary to her sister, but is just starting to emerge from her shadow.
    -- USAgent = Peacemaker. "Captain America as a dick."
    -- Red Guardian = King Shark. Big and stupid, likely used for comic relief
    -- Ghost = Rat Catcher 2. Sympathetic young woman defined by tragic loss of her father/parents
    -- Taskmaster = Bloodsport? Skull-like mask. Trained by their father to be a weapon. Unlikely to take center stage the way Bloodsport did, but who knows?

So, if Bucky = Flag does that mean
    -- Yalena = Harley Quinn. HQ is the quirky killer who started out secondary to Joker and emulates him but it just starting to emerge from his shadow. Yalena is a quirky killer who started out secondary to her sister, but is just starting to emerge from her shadow.
    -- USAgent = Peacemaker. "Captain America as a dick."
    -- Red Guardian = King Shark. Big and stupid, likely used for comic relief
    -- Ghost = Rat Catcher 2. Sympathetic young woman defined by tragic loss of her father/parents
    -- Taskmaster = Bloodsport? Skull-like mask. Trained by their father to be a weapon. Unlikely to take center stage the way Bloodsport did, but who knows?
    That matches up surprisingly well .

Oh. I'm a colossal Thunderbolts fan, I've waited for the film for so long, this cast... makes me sad. Thunderbolts with Moonstone, Songbird and Zemo is not the Thunderbolts.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

That may be more out of necessity than anything else. Looking back, what villains have survived in the MCU? Take out the cosmic and mystical movies, and the only ones that survived would be Justin Hammer (who was a joke), Abomination (forget what happened to him in She-Hulk), Ghost, Taskmaster, and Zemo. Namor is the ruler of his own society, which is still hidden. Shang-Chi's sister is running the Ten Rings, and is unlikely to be coerced into working for the team. Wanda is MIA, possibly dead. I think all of the rest of the villains have been killed off, and Zemo was returned to prison. Sam Wilson is getting his own movie, so really, all you had left were the remaining main characters from Black Widow and FaTWS, plus Ghost, who was a plot thread remaining from Ant-Man 2. Maybe in the future, they can form a new team with some of the Wrecking Crew, but this is good enough to start with, even if it isn't a traditional Thunderbolts team.

There is a theory I've heard that maybe the Red Room used The Winter Soldier to train their Widows at some point. Obviously that didn't happen with Natasha, but it might be interesting to learn that Yelena remembers being trained by Bucky during her time as a Widow.

Also, I think Yelena might actually be forgiving of Bucky shooting her sister twice, because he too was subjugated.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I don't think the team needs to be ex-villains to be keep to the principle of the comics team

They were frauds who became the real thing. Abe was looking for self respect, Melissa self confidence, etc.

Have them presented to the world as the replacement for the Avengers, surrounded in false hype, and struggle to live up to it.

Abe is piloting an experimental Iron Man suit, Erik is a security guard caught up in an experiment trying to duplicate pym particles, Melissa took a variant of extremis that enhanced her vocal cords and Fixer is his usual jerk thief self

This team feels like Legends of Tomorrow, just the studio putting together a team until they figure out what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh. I'm a colossal Thunderbolts fan, I've waited for the film for so long, this cast... makes me sad. Thunderbolts with Moonstone, Songbird and Zemo is not the Thunderbolts.
    If anything, this is more an iteration of Ross's Thunerbolts than Zemo's original MoE team.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That may be more out of necessity than anything else. Looking back, what villains have survived in the MCU? Take out the cosmic and mystical movies, and the only ones that survived would be Justin Hammer (who was a joke), Abomination (forget what happened to him in She-Hulk), Ghost, Taskmaster, and Zemo. Namor is the ruler of his own society, which is still hidden. Shang-Chi's sister is running the Ten Rings, and is unlikely to be coerced into working for the team. Wanda is MIA, possibly dead. I think all of the rest of the villains have been killed off, and Zemo was returned to prison. Sam Wilson is getting his own movie, so really, all you had left were the remaining main characters from Black Widow and FaTWS, plus Ghost, who was a plot thread remaining from Ant-Man 2. Maybe in the future, they can form a new team with some of the Wrecking Crew, but this is good enough to start with, even if it isn't a traditional Thunderbolts team.

There is a theory I've heard that maybe the Red Room used The Winter Soldier to train their Widows at some point. Obviously that didn't happen with Natasha, but it might be interesting to learn that Yelena remembers being trained by Bucky during her time as a Widow.

Also, I think Yelena might actually be forgiving of Bucky shooting her sister twice, because he too was subjugated.
    Abomination basically got neutralized in She-Hulk, more or less.

It saddens me to see Wanda referred to be counted as a villain. Thanks Marvel .

It's definitely issue that they've killed off so many bad guys and did none of the work establishing any of the classic T-Bolts outside Zemo.

I do think it would be kind of funny if they adapted the Winter Soldier/Black Widow stuff with Bucky and Yelena, although the 13-year age difference between their actors might curtail that. Then again, it's never stopped them before.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the team needs to be ex-villains to be keep to the principle of the comics team

They were frauds who became the real thing. Abe was looking for self respect, Melissa self confidence, etc.

Have them presented to the world as the replacement for the Avengers, surrounded in false hype, and struggle to live up to it.

Abe is piloting an experimental Iron Man suit, Erik is a security guard caught up in an experiment trying to duplicate pym particles, Melissa took a variant of extremis that enhanced her vocal cords and Fixer is his usual jerk thief self

This team feels like Legends of Tomorrow, just the studio putting together a team until they figure out what to do with them.
    They don't seem to be trying to spin them as an Avengers level T-Bolts, though, hence the Suicide Squad vibe.

I imagine there will be plenty of quips though.

If anything, this is more an iteration of Ross's Thunerbolts than Zemo's original MoE team.
    Agreed, and alas I don't consider RedBolts or the Fightbolts true Thunderbolts.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Abomination basically got neutralized in She-Hulk, more or less.

It saddens me to see Wanda referred to be counted as a villain. Thanks Marvel .

It's definitely issue that they've killed off so many bad guys and did none of the work establishing any of the classic T-Bolts outside Zemo.

I do think it would be kind of funny if they adapted the Winter Soldier/Black Widow stuff with Bucky and Yelena, although the 13-year age difference between their actors might curtail that. Then again, it's never stopped them before.

They don't seem to be trying to spin them as an Avengers level T-Bolts, though, hence the Suicide Squad vibe.

I imagine there will be plenty of quips though.
    I don't think Wanda was a true villain; she was more or less manipulated by something beyond her control to do evil things in an attempt to get her kids back. But for this team, I could see Wanda as a part of it, working for redemption.