Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Not sure if they'll do that, recasting a character after his actor died would be a slap in the face for TChalla fans.
    Not Thunderbolt Ross. Chadwick Boseman meant so much more to the movie fanbase than T'Challa. (sorry, T'Challa fans) There's no comparison.

Not sure if they'll do that, recasting a character after his actor died would be a slap in the face for TChalla fans.
    I’d say slap away.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not Thunderbolt Ross. Chadwick Boseman meant so much more to the movie fanbase than T'Challa. (sorry, T'Challa fans) There's no comparison.
    I would say what Chadwick meant as T'Challa and what T'Challa represented was very important to people, both hardcore and casual, but that's a whole separate topic of conversation.

Although I feel like a supporting character would be easy to just let pass away off-screen than the literal main character of the franchise (especially when it seems like Valentina is running things), unless Marvel Studios wants to still commit to whatever plans they may have had with Ross. Maybe as part of the World War Hulk buildup?

Astonishing Member

Just get Sam Elliott back. There were plenty of issues with Hulk 2003, but he wasn't one of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Am I the only one who did not hate Taskmaster lol. She had nothing to do with the comics but I assume there will be other versions of the character closer to the comic counterpart. Maybe thats the villain of this film?

Honestly, just glad Bucky will get some focus. He has played sidekick and has had no big moments since Civil War.
    Yeah, I didn't mind her either. The difference between the responses to a lady Taskmaster and a lady Ghost is night and day. (Ghost, IMO, has been more interesting than Taskmaster, in the comics, and yet I *love* the MCU Ghost and Hannah John-Kamen.)

I do wonder what *other* second-stringers from various MCU properties could have shown up as Thunderbolts.

Dr. Strange - Mordo?
    Spider-Man - Vulture?
    Black Panther - both Klawe and Killmonger are dead, although either could have made a good Thunderbolt.
    Iron Man - some random Extremis goob, Justin Hammer in some knock-off Iron Patriot suit

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I feel like a supporting character would be easy to just let pass away off-screen than the literal main character of the franchise (especially when it seems like Valentina is running things), unless Marvel Studios wants to still commit to whatever plans they may have had with Ross. Maybe as part of the World War Hulk buildup?
    Yeah that's where I'm coming from. Ross wasn't really important in the MCU so far and they hadn't really set up anything with him, so just letting him die off-screen wouldn't actually impact anything. TChalla on the other hand was a much more important figure.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mind her either. The difference between the responses to a lady Taskmaster and a lady Ghost is night and day. (Ghost, IMO, has been more interesting than Taskmaster, in the comics, and yet I *love* the MCU Ghost and Hannah John-Kamen.)

I do wonder what *other* second-stringers from various MCU properties could have shown up as Thunderbolts.

Dr. Strange - Mordo?
    Spider-Man - Vulture?
    Black Panther - both Klawe and Killmonger are dead, although either could have made a good Thunderbolt.
    Iron Man - some random Extremis goob, Justin Hammer in some knock-off Iron Patriot suit
    I don't think they can touch Spidey villains outside Spidey films. Well, that and Vulture's stuck in the Sonyverse now.
    Yeah that's where I'm coming from. Ross wasn't really important in the MCU so far and they hadn't really set up anything with him, so just letting him die off-screen wouldn't actually impact anything. TChalla on the other hand was a much more important figure.
    I assumed the Thunderbolts would be named posthumously for Ross.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If true, this would be very stupid- I can't think of a less suitable villain for a black-ops team than Hyperion, who would very much be an Avengers type of villain. None of these guys would last 10 seconds against him.

That said, I don't believe the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Can they actually use Abomination?

I thought that legal issues were the reason there probably wasn't going to be a Hulk solo film.
    Well, he was a major character in She-Hulk so . . . .
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I can't see this team, with this roster, standing a chance against any of Marvel's Superman analogues.

Just seems like an odd fit for such a smaller scale team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see this team, with this roster, standing a chance against any of Marvel's Superman analogues.

Just seems like an odd fit for such a smaller scale team.
    It would be a funny sort of 'take that' at the first Suicide Squad, where Amanda Waller explicitly tells the DOD that she wants to build a team of meta-operatives to deal with a threat the likes of a rogue Superman (and then promptly recruits a nutjob with a bat, somebody with boomerangs, a dude with a rope, a gunman, etc. a whole range of jobbers that would do exactly bupkiss against a Superman-tier threat), to have the more 'street-level' Thunderbolts actually have to take on a Supermanalogue!

And it would certainly be a surprise, since we'd generally expect to see a team at that power level take on super-soldiers or rogue chitauri or Hand ninja or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be a funny sort of 'take that' at the first Suicide Squad, where Amanda Waller explicitly tells the DOD that she wants to build a team of meta-operatives to deal with a threat the likes of a rogue Superman (and then promptly recruits a nutjob with a bat, somebody with boomerangs, a dude with a rope, a gunman, etc. a whole range of jobbers that would do exactly bupkiss against a Superman-tier threat), to have the more 'street-level' Thunderbolts actually have to take on a Supermanalogue!

And it would certainly be a surprise, since we'd generally expect to see a team at that power level take on super-soldiers or rogue chitauri or Hand ninja or something.
    Oh god Sentry is gonna do a freaky dance and use a skybeam.

God, please no. Not Sentry. He's suffered enough lately. XD

Earnestly not sure that the MCU can do him any good.

Sentry needs to be a disney plus show where it's the golden age type hero tales than reality starts to break. A wandavision / Twighlight zone type tale.

Putting him in thunderbolts as a generic bad guy without the comics twist is a huge waste. Then again, they are using a team with one of the biggest twists in comics and wasting it by using the later ss rip-off over the originals so guess it makes sense.