Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Can they actually use Abomination?

I thought that legal issues were the reason there probably wasn't going to be a Hulk solo film.
    The only issue is with Film distribution. Disney wont let anyone else distribute they're movies so Hulk cant have a movie, but marvel still owns the characters.

I'd like a Thunderbolts movie where they reveal the twist at the end. Like Suicide Squad if you just save the set up untill the end. Just have them be super team lead by a couple real heroes like Hawkeye and Bucky. Then at the end after they have done a bunch of heroic **** reveal there true nature and show the audience flashbacks to 5he core team being recruited.

As far as the line up (if Disney gets right from Fox for some these characters)

Taskmaster as the standout clashing with Hawkeye the whole movie.

The Wrecker (just call him Dirk cause his name is lame)

Songbird

Speed demon

Nitro

And at the end have Red Hulk show up and save the day. The the stinger reveals hes General Ross and a Governament agency ran by a Dr Sterns has been working with Hulk Blood. Then have Sterns hint at using it on himself to set up leader for a Sequel... but that only works if they Keep Ross but ignore everything else from the first Hulk movie. Or you bring back that actor to play the leader again. But I might want a bigger actor since hes gonna be a lead villian
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-09-2018 at 05:49 PM.

After seeing the adaptation of Zemo and Executioner I hope they never touch the other major Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts characters. The last thing the team needs is getting the GotG treatment where they tried to copy the movie on the comics.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Incredible Member

Florence Pugh's Black Widow Will Reportedly Lead the MCU's Thunderbolts

Marvel Studios evidently has big plans for Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova/Black Widow, with the fan-favorite Russian spy reportedly set to lead the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Thunderbolts.

During a recent appearance on Matthew Belloni's The Town podcast, Justin Kroll of Deadline discussed Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts, describing the upcoming film as a Pugh-led spinoff. "[Florence Pugh] has got the Marvel superhero that's already got a spin-off," Kroll said. "Upcoming for her, actually, on that character is this Thunderbolts film, which is basically Marvel's Suicide Squad. Hopefully, it has better results. But the concept is it'd be her leading the team of like Wyatt Russell's [John Walker], Daniel Bruhl's [Zemo], those anti-heroes that aren't exactly good but aren't exactly bad. So there's that. And people seem to like the Yelena character."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

As I said in another thread:

We should take every information with a grain of salt- even if Yelena is on the Thunderbolts, there's no guarantee she would lead them, and a lot of people are blowing smoke out of their ass about Marvel these days. She's clearly a very good fit for the lancer role Hawkeye used to play in the Avengers or Wolverine in the X-men.

But yeah, if she's the leader, the movie is almost certainly doomed, because nothing about her in BW or Hawkeye indicate she's remotely leadership material, and the idea someone like Zemo would respect her enough to follow her orders is just laughable. It would also indicate they're pandering to Internet fanboyism or popularity of the actress, not unlike like the Fox movies made Mystique the X-men leader because of J-Law.

Still, again, best to just wait until we get more information.

The term "lead" in this context is about her acting/starting in the upcoming film. It's not about team heirarchy.

It seems like she's been working with Valentina the longest so it doesn't really surprise me.

I still want Songbird and Moonstone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like she's been working with Valentina the longest so it doesn't really surprise me.

I still want Songbird and Moonstone though.
    Moonstone seems like a much better fit considering her psychology background and how much Marvel seems to be concerned about mental health lately. (I can also see it being funny with these characters trying to navigate between being good or bad, etc)

I don't see anything wrong with Yalena being picked as the leader. She's competent enough as a Black Widow, and I imagine she ran several ops leading those other freed Black Widows before getting snapped. Zemo's also qualified, but Val wouldn't trust him. Needless to say, that could lead to an interesting dysfinctional team dynamic. And Zemo's shown he's willing to play along if it suits his needs. Of course some people are going to dump on the idea before they even get a hint of the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Moonstone seems like a much better fit considering her psychology background and how much Marvel seems to be concerned about mental health lately. (I can also see it being funny with these characters trying to navigate between being good or bad, etc)

I don't see anything wrong with Yalena being picked as the leader. She's competent enough as a Black Widow, and I imagine she ran several ops leading those other freed Black Widows before getting snapped. Zemo's also qualified, but Val wouldn't trust him. Needless to say, that could lead to an interesting dysfinctional team dynamic. And Zemo's shown he's willing to play along if it suits his needs. Of course some people are going to dump on the idea before they even get a hint of the actual story.
    I'd appreciate it if she toned down the sass a little to better fit being in a leadership role.

Is this team going to be lead by a tough heavy set woman named Wmanda Aaller?

She's far younger than anyone else likely to be on the team (unless Songbird actually is), would not be someone most of the team would know or respect, and her personality in the movies doesn't scream leader at all. Of course, Val would prefer her over Zemo, but why would a experienced soldier like him or Blonsky (if they are actually on the team) would tolerate her being sassy while also giving orders, or trust to get her the job done.

Also, like I said, she's a clear fit for the Hawkeye/Wolverine role, so putting her as leader would also be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    She's far younger than anyone else likely to be on the team (unless Songbird actually is), would not be someone most of the team would know or respect, and her personality in the movies doesn't scream leader at all. Of course, Val would prefer her over Zemo, but why would a experienced soldier like him or Blonsky (if they are actually on the team) would tolerate her being sassy while also giving orders, or trust to get her the job done.
    Also, like I said, she's a clear fit for the Hawkeye/Wolverine role, so putting her as leader would also be a waste.
    And as I said, you have no idea what the actual story here is. Maybe everything you're saying actually plays into the story, maybe that's part of the reason they're doing it. This would appear to be a team not brought together organically or necessarily by choice. Maybe having a leader foisted upon them they don't respect is part of the story? Having a team of misfits or criminals all respect her and follow her might be a bit of a waste too - they're all likely to be malcontents. It could go any which way, so maybe keep an open mind is all.

And as I said, you have no idea what the actual story here is. Maybe everything you're saying actually plays into the story, maybe that's part of the reason they're doing it. This would appear to be a team not brought together organically or necessarily by choice. Maybe having a leader foisted upon them they don't respect is part of the story? Having a team of misfits or criminals all respect her and follow her might be a bit of a waste too - they're all likely to be malcontents. It could go any which way, so maybe keep an open mind is all.
    Like I said, there's a difference between having a leader that isn't particularly liked by many of it's members, and one whose team wouldn't even much reason to respect and would just try to walk all over. John Walker would be a more natural choice for leader in this setup- even if he failed as Cap, he has a long and respected military career- unless Bucky is also a part of the team, as rumored (then Yelena makes even less sense).

Plus, if you want to have an arc of "young female grows into leader role eventually", Songbird would be already the perfect choice to have that arc, over the course of several movies.

And again, Yelena is already such a perfect fit for another role that just feels like a waste of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Is this team going to be lead by a tough heavy set woman named Wmanda Aaller?
    Val's pretty skinny .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd appreciate it if she toned down the sass a little to better fit being in a leadership role.
    Tone down the sass in a post Endgame Marvel project? Not possible.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Why would Yelena or Blonsky respect and follow the orders of John Walker? Or Zemo?

Why would Zemo respect or follow the orders of anyone but himself?

And why would anyone follow Blonsky, of all people?