Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think it was up until he started feeling inadequate and insecure about his role when no one was taking him seriously as he felt people should be taking him just because the government gave him Steve's old name. I also don't think anyone really expected him to be as physically capable as Steve was except for him. He didn't understand his limits (not to mention the capabilities of Wakandan warriors) and when that came to bite him in the ass, he made the disastrous decision to take the SSS.
    To be fair Sam and Bucky were both kind of unnecessarily hostile towards him for being Cap even if he was way out of his depth and not prepared to grapple with Steve's legacy, but he still tried to do what he felt was his job even if he wasn't qualified for it...at least in the way of being Captain America.
    And I think that's his appeal. He may be sneaky and manipulative, but he doesn't pretend to be anything that he isn't. He knows his limits (admitting in CW that he knew there was no way he could take the Avengers head on) and does his best to work around them. In a way, that makes him an even better archenemy for Walker than Rogers.
    That's always been the appeal of Zemo, like how he managed to subvert and wreck the Avengers with his Masters of Evil during Under Siege.

I wish we had gotten more of Steve vs Zemo than, like, the five second conversation they had in Civil War.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair Sam and Bucky were both kind of unnecessarily hostile towards him for being Cap even if he was way out of his depth and not prepared to grapple with Steve's legacy, but he still tried to do what he felt was his job even if he wasn't qualified for it...at least in the way of being Captain America.
    I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say "unnecessarily." I suspect most people wouldn't be too thrilled by the idea of some rando calling themselves and dressing like their dearest friend (who's probably dead at this point). I mean, sure, he didn't choose himself for the job, but for that as well as simply not being aware of his own limitations, he should've bowed out from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's always been the appeal of Zemo, like how he managed to subvert and wreck the Avengers with his Masters of Evil during Under Siege.

I wish we had gotten more of Steve vs Zemo than, like, the five second conversation they had in Civil War.
    Agreed. I do like the idea of him on this team, though. I like the idea of a bunch of big burly dudes constantly watching their backs so they won't be stabbed by a regular almost completely unassuming dude.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Niffleheim

From D23Expo Thunderbolts line-up (so far i think)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Is that Taskmaster next to Walker? Crap. Who's next to Ghost? And if Yelena is really leading this team with Bucky in it, that's just pure stupidity.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Is that Taskmaster next to Walker? Crap. Who's next to Ghost? And if Yelena is really leading this team with Bucky in it, that's just pure stupidity.
    Looks like it's the Contessa considering this is the cast

Sebastian Stan, Florence Pugh, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Hannah John-Kamen, Wyatt Russell, Olga Kurylenko and David Harbour all return for Thunderbolts
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Bucky really isn't in the right headspace to be leading a team, right now. I mean, we've all seen his therapy sessions, right?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yeah, it's probably Valentina, the image is just weird. And this really looks like a Black Widow 2.0 without Natasha,. highly disappointing, considering how mediocre that movie was.
    Bucky really isn't in the right headspace to be leading a team, right now. I mean, we've all seen his therapy sessions, right?
    Nobody there is, but he's by far the most experienced and qualified. Plus again, Yelena is so perfect lancer material than to have her as the leader would be a waste.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's probably Valentina, the image is just weird. And this really looks like a Black Widow 2.0 without Natasha,. highly disappointing, considering how mediocre that movie was.
    I liked the movie, personally.

Nobody there is, but he's by far the most experienced and qualified.
    I mean, sure he's the most experienced, but I'd imagine there'd be some sort of psychological exam to determine who would make the most qualified leader and there's no way Bucky would pass that.

I liked the movie, personally.

I mean, sure he's the most experienced, but I'd imagine there'd be some sort of psychological exam to determine who would make the most qualified leader and there's no way Bucky would pass that.
    If Taskmaster and Red Guardian are there, there's clearly no psychological exam of any kind, and it's not like Yelena is the most sensible and stable person on the planet. Also...no Zemo? Yeah, would be bad enough to not have Songbird, but no Zemo as well? This movie will be just Black Widow 2, but no Natasha, or a poor man's Suicide Squad. Hard to care about anything about it so far.

Extraordinary Member

If Taskmaster and Red Guardian are there, there's clearly no psychological exam of any kind, and it's not like Yelena is the most sensible and stable person on the planet.
    By comparison, I'd say she is.

This movie will be just Black Widow 2, but no Natasha...
    I honestly highly doubt that.

Hard to care about anything about it so far.
    Well, you do you, buddy.

Niffleheim

There is no Abomination either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There is no Abomination either.
    That is interesting. From the lineup, it looks like they're going for a more black ops feel, so Abomination might stick out a little bit.

That is interesting. From the lineup, it looks like they're going for a more black ops feel, so Abomination might stick out a little bit.
    My hope is that they keep him in reserve for when **** hits the fan and stealth is no longer an option.

Gee, I wonder if it'll be awkward for Yalena to have her "father" on the team?

Part of me actually thinks they'll want to pull a trick like the original comic book. Maybe that's really Zemo dressed as Taskmaster...?

Glad to see The Ghost though - mostly because I was a fan of "Killjoys."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

From D23Expo Thunderbolts line-up (so far i think)
    Not overjoyed at the lineup. I mean there are basically 4 super soldiers on the team since Taskmaster is close enough. I will still watch it because of Yalena. Her and Red Guardian are too funny together. Maybe the lineup will start as this and change later.

Niffleheim

Someone pointed out the super soldiers and I automatically knew the villain will be Zemo.