Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Someone pointed out the super soldiers and I automatically knew the villain will be Zemo.
    I mean, fingers crossed! He was great!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My hope is that they keep him in reserve for when shit hits the fan and stealth is no longer an option.

Gee, I wonder if it'll be awkward for Yalena to have her "father" on the team?

Part of me actually thinks they'll want to pull a trick like the original comic book. Maybe that's really Zemo dressed as Taskmaster...?

Glad to see The Ghost though - mostly because I was a fan of "Killjoys."
    Yeah, my immediate thought was the person in the Taskmaster suit being a fakeout. Did she even have any lines in the movie?

And I don't know, Bucky just feels out of place here to me, for some reason. Doesn't a black ops type team seem kind of close to the same stuff he was having PTSD about in FaTWS?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    And I don't know, Bucky just feels out of place here to me, for some reason. Doesn't a black ops type team seem kind of close to the same stuff he was having PTSD about in FaTWS?
    This is a good point. That said, it could make for good drama, the same way having a leader (Yelena) many team members underestimate would make for good conflict.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the full roster. Fiege and the team could be holding back some members to avoid any spoilers for any current or future projects.

Nor would I be be surprised if there wasn’t some surprises hidden within the announced roster. Maybe Taskmaster isn’t who we think it is or maybe one of them (Red Guardian perhaps?) wasn’t retooled to be the new red hulk?

I could be wrong of course and what we see might be all we get but… maybe folks should keep an open mind about the project until we know more concrete info about whose involved

From D23Expo Thunderbolts line-up (so far i think)
    This feels less like a proper Thunderbolts team and more like Black Widow 2.0.

I mean, the person with the most creative powers is Ghost. No Songbird, Moonstone, etc. Just a bunch of Super Soldiers. Bucky, US Agent, and Red Guardian feel redundant unless they play up Red Guardian being a joke again.

Will they try to redeem their version of Taskmaster now? Can they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the full roster. Fiege and the team could be holding back some members to avoid any spoilers for any current or future projects.

Nor would I be be surprised if there wasn’t some surprises hidden within the announced roster. Maybe Taskmaster isn’t who we think it is or maybe one of them (Red Guardian perhaps?) wasn’t retooled to be the new red hulk?

I could be wrong of course and what we see might be all we get but… maybe folks should keep an open mind about the project until we know more concrete info about whose involved
    I think Feige outright said there would be members of the team who hadn't appeared in the MCU yet.

Have lots of arguments between Red Guardian and US Agent. Revive the Cold War.

I think the problem with bringing in Zemo will be if he's there, then the Wakandans will also have to be there. It could detract from whatever story they will be doing.

I have no special connection to the Thunderbolts, and this lineup is pretty much what I was expecting (though I wasn't expecting Red Guardian. And yes, he and Walker need to bicker like an old married couple the entire movie). I expect we may see some additions to the lineup down the road, and that they were only announcing the people that we've already seen.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Love the characters but this is not a Thunderbolts group. It feels like Marvel is playing it way too safe and not opting for any legit villains like Gargan and Abomination and Bullseye or new characters like Songbird and Radioactive Man. And Zemo has to be in, it’s his team. Honestly atm this feels like the writer of Black Widow got their toys back and picked a name to slot them into.

I would hope the writers remember Taskmaster has a personality.

Ultimate Member

Kinda surprised Emil isn't there.

Though there'd be more powerful members, if only to justify big CGI battles

From D23Expo Thunderbolts line-up (so far i think)
    No interest in this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think the problem with bringing in Zemo will be if he's there, then the Wakandans will also have to be there. It could detract from whatever story they will be doing.
    Unless it's a secret. (hence Zemo dressing up as Taskmaster (yes, I'm holding on to that theory for now ))

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unless it's a secret. (hence Zemo dressing up as Taskmaster (yes, I'm holding on to that theory for now ))
    Your theory is fueled by the fact that the Taskmaster actress was the only one of the announced members who wasn't present at the presentation (Florence Pugh wasn't there, too, due to filming the Dune sequel, but she sent a video message)
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Niffleheim

It has already been announced that Olga is part of the cast.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It has already been announced that Olga is part of the cast.
    I know but I wouldn't rule out a fake announcement to keep their real plan a secret.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.