Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I imagine the majority of the Golden/Silver/Bronze age characters to be between 30-40. The modern age legacy characters or the former sidekicks should be 20 something.

Boisterously Confused

For those of us that are older, I wonder what ages we would have assigned the heroes when we first read them as teens or pre-teens. What defines old was different then.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 07-10-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

JSA - old
    JLA and Catwoman - mid-30s
    Talia and Batwoman - Early 30s
    Oracle and Power Girl - Late 20s
    Titans gen - mid-20s
    Outlaws gen - early 20s
    Young Justice and Teen Titans gen - Teens
    Super Sons and Chris - Ten
    There's literally no difference between 13-year-old Damian and 10-year-old Damian so I'm dragging him back to 10

Side note: I will forever be amused that originally both Dick and Talia were in college when Bruce fell in love with her. I bump her up so it's less weird.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's literally no difference between 13-year-old Damian and 10-year-old Damian so I'm dragging him back to 10
    I have to agree, there is really not much of point to age him up 13, if he is still written and drawn the same way as he was as a 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Jason - 20
    Tim - 17
    I still think that just based on the timeline, it is really hard to justify for Jason to be more than one year older than Tim.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    ...I still think that just based on the timeline, it is really hard to justify for Jason to be more than one year older than Tim.
    But this is less about making the math work (because in The Big Two, it won't. ever.) than about each readers sense, in their own head, of how old these characters are.

Most of mine are 75 to 80 years old. There's a few that I dig that are around 40 to 50 and a couple that are around 20 years old as well.

Oh, you mean the character ages in the stories? Depends. is it a year one story? a Modern tale? an Elseworlds? a cartoon? a movie? Just depends on the tale being told, really.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    For those of us that are older, I wonder what ages we would have assigned the heroes when we first read them as teens or pre-teens. What defines old was different then.
    Back in the 70's, pretty much everyone was 29. DC really didn't want their heroes to seem old back then and 30, WAS old back when I was 8 to 15.

The Titans and the LSH were around 17 to 20.

No second or third gen legacy heroes to muck up the timelines/continuity back then.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member

I think I would go for

Bruce: 39-40
    Barbara: 28-29
    Dick: 26
    Cass: 19
    Jason: 19
    Steph: 19
    Tim: 18
    Damien: 11-12

Based on the Nu52+Rebirth continuity:

Jon Kent 10
    Damien/Emiko/Wallace 13-15
    Jaime Reyes/Tim/Stephanie/Conner/Cassie/Gar 17-19
    Jason Todd/Raven 19-21
    Titans (Donna, Roy, Garth, Wally, Bette, Starfire) 23-25
    Dick/Barbara/Kyle 25-27
    Dinah/Vixen/Huntress/Kate/Vic 29-33
    Ollie/Hal/Guy/John 33-35
    Clark/Bruce/Diana 35-39
    Amanda Waller/Deathstroke/Steve Trevor early 40's
    Time displaced JSA: 45-50
    Non-time displaced JSA: 101-120
    Black Adam/Carter Hall 3000-ish
    Legion: Technically not born yet

Extraordinary Member

Once upon a time, John Stewart was a bit younger than Hal Jordan & Guy Gardner.

At least back then, he was slightly older than Dick Grayson & Kyle Rayner.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Back in the 70's, pretty much everyone was 29. DC really didn't want their heroes to seem old back then and 30, WAS old back when I was 8 to 15.

The Titans and the LSH were around 17 to 20.

No second or third gen legacy heroes to muck up the timelines/continuity back then.
    That was my experience, also. The JSA members were about 50, while the legacy characters of Earth-2 were in their twenties/early thirties.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If we go by what the timeline looks like now, I would say the JLA founders will have been around 15 years or so. This makes me believe Batman is right at 40 because you have to shoehorn in all the Robins. I put Hal around that age as well. Barry is probably a year or two younger, because you have to have given him time to graduate college with the ability to truly be a police scientist. So, Barry is 38. Clark is also 38, due to him traveling the world for a year and then graduating college early and starting his career as Superman at around 21.
    Dick is pushing 30, along with Wally and the other OG Teen Titans.
    Ollie is older, probably pushing 50, and Black Canary is younger than him, I’ll say 35.
    The YJ Titans are pushing 20.
    We know Damien is 13, Jon is 10.

No matter what people think ... I’m pretty sure in current continuity Barbara as Batgirl is only 21 ... as has been stated a number of times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    No matter what people think ... I’m pretty sure in current continuity Barbara as Batgirl is only 21 ... as has been stated a number of times.
    Btw. Batwoman is acording to her current series iirc just 27 or 28. Even if she was oginally 32 when she started (and is shown to be roughly the same age as Bruce in recent flashbacks ...).

Old thread, but hey, why not? I tend to think of different characters in different eras. I might think of Hal early in career and Bruce late in his. Certainly many I think of at different ages depending on what I'm thinking about and relative ages are important to me. But I'll just go with the ages I most often think of them as. I've grouped by family, but think of different members in different eras and these ages are not pegged to each other unless I say so.

Superman - 35-40 (I live in the married years)
    Lois - 35-40, peer of Clark
    Jimmy Olsen - early 20s (not at the same time as Clark is in his late 30s, it's just I think of Jimmy this age)
    Kon-El - 15 because I love the Hawaii years
    Chris Kent - either 6 or 20
    Jon Kent - 10

Batman - 40-45 (I tend to think of him later, after Dick is grown)
    Dick Grayson - 25-30
    Selina Kyle - 40-45, peer of Bruce
    Barbara Gordon - 30-35 (I like her being older than Dick and not being a protege of Batman)
    Tim Drake - 15-16 because I like the '90s version
    Stephanie Brown - 15-16 because I like the '90s version
    Damian - 10-13 - 13 took a long time to grow on me because they don't visually age him and I felt like it was done just for the TT
    Talia al Ghul - 5 years younger than Bruce, usually

Hal - mid-to-late 20s, which is how old I think of him in early career
    Guy - similarly aged to Hal - they're kinda tied together for me
    John Stewart - split - I think of him as a young college graduate as he was when introduced to mid-to-late 20s later. For me, he's one I peg to other heroes (either X years younger than Hal or 4-6 years older than Dick Grayson)

Barry - late 20s, already married to Iris
    Wally - 24-28, married with twins
    Bart - 14/15, because I liked him in the Impulse series

Dinah - 38-43. Don't like her daughter of previous Black Canary, and never of think of her before her widowhood, and usually several years later.
    Sin - 7-9. I know they said 9, but she seems younger to me sometimes.

Ollie - 38-43 (I hated him much older than Dinah)
    Roy - 25-30, and definitely as a dad
    Connor - 18-20
    Mia - 15-17

Diana - 30-35 - she should always be a peer to Superman and Batman to me. I rather like her young leaving the Island and then just aging. But without her own "kids" I don't tend to think of her in as late a time frame, and instead was thinking of her as "10 years later" from Rebirth origin.
    Donna - 21-25 - mostly because I dislike so much of what has been done with her since the 1990s that I haven't read much with her since.
    Cassie - 14-15, for the original YJ years

Booster Gold - 21, the early days to 24, with more experience
    Ted Kord - 27-30, I like the solo series, and he seemed that age to me then

Scott and Barda - 20-25. I know New Gods can stay looking young, but they seemed actually young to me in the original comic, and I like that version of them.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-31-2019 at 02:53 PM.