Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default How old are your superheroes?

This isn't a "should they age" thread, or a "what fits in their continuity" thread. When you look at the characters in the titles you read (or remember), without doing any math, how old do you figure that they are?

For me:

Captain America is about 35

Iron Man is between 40-45

Thor is at least 1500 years old, but looks about 35

Hank Pym is about 45

Janet Pym is about 35

Hulk is about 50

Hawkeye is about 30

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are both 28-30

Mister Fantastic and The Thing are about 50

Invisible Woman is about 30

Human Torch is about 25

Spider-Man is about 25

Daredevil is about 35

She-Hulk is about 35

Cyclops is about 30 (these days)

Professor X (would have been) about 60

Wolverine: there's no telling but he looks just about 40

Nightcrawler is about 28

Storm is about 32

Colossus is about 26

Shadowcat is about 22

Banshee is about 50

Mighty Member

Torch and Spidey have to be close to 30. Spidey in particular because he completed his PhD after a LOT of time off. When he dropped out of grad school (1983) it was a big deal, and he would have been 22-23 then. Invisible Woman has to be close to 40 else she'd have been a teenager when she married Reed.

Off the top of my head

-Thor and Loki chronologically about 2,500 years old, but physically Thor appears 30ish, Loki appears 22ish, though Loki has fluctuated wildly over the past several years, getting aged up and down.
    -Hercules is similar, thousands of years old but appears 30, but I think of him as chronologically being older for some reason. Maybe because the mythology itself is older, or maybe just because we haven't seen as many flashbacks to him as a child as we have with Thor and Loki, so maybe around 3,000 chronologically
    -Spider-Man I am going with 29
    -Kitty Pryde comes across as around 23 these days, having gotten past her Soap Opera aging phase
    -Nightcrawler I am calling 31
    -most Young Avengers are 20-21 aside from...
    -Cassie who has always been younger and I would say 17 now
    -Dr Strange appears around 45, though chronologically may be a bit older, since i think one of the Sorcerer Supreme perks is immortality
    -Iron Man I would out right around 40, but according to him he will be 39 for another 5 years (in universe) or so at least.
    -Punisher 35
    -Daredevil 33
    -Captain America physically 34
    -Captain Marvel 31

May come back with more, those are just the ones thwt popped into my head

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    -Captain Marvel 31

May come back with more, those are just the ones thwt popped into my head
    Where she is a colonel, she'd have to be a LOT older than that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I usually put Daredevil at 32-33. He had to start as a hero at a minimum of 26 and has had a bit of life, but I don't want him to get too old since superheroing is still a young man's game. I put Spider-Man at 26, which encourages me to put Johnny Storm at 27. Maybe Sue Richards at 34 and Reed Richards at 38-40 (Reed is older, but I don't want him too much older than Sue). Kitty started at 14 and is one of those characters who had a clear age progression. I'll put her at 23 or 24 now. I don't want to put her too old because Colossus was originally five years older and I don't want to change that dynamic, but I also don't want him to be over 30.

The Inhumans are an interesting one because Lockjaw is apparently the same age as Black Bolt and there was a recent suggestion that he's 30. But it's also possible to guess that the source is unreliable. I'd put Crystal around Peter or Johnny's age. Maybe make her 25 and Medusa and Blackagar at 30, although I'd probably put Black Bolt at 34-35 given a choice in a vacuum. He tends to come off as older than he is, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ant-Man, according to him, is in his 30s. I think it was something like 34-37. someone cut him off, while he was speaking.

BANNED

X-23 is confirmed in-universe to be 20. OG Logan is in his 130s-140s based on his birthdate in the 1880s-1890s. Daken is in his 70s (born/cut out of his mother at the end of WWII).

Hmm fun question! I'm just gonna name some characters (comics, not MCU) that I like:

Daredevil - 38
    Elektra - 36
    Iron Fist - 33
    Colleen Wing - 31
    Misty Knight - 34
    Jubilee - 24
    Psylocke - 37
    Cyclops - 40
    Magneto - 60

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    -Thor and Loki chronologically about 2,500 years old, but physically Thor appears 30ish, Loki appears 22ish, though Loki has fluctuated wildly over the past several years, getting aged up and down.
    aren't they 1,200+???

if we count Ragnaroks, they would be MUCH MUCH older.
    Last edited by GodThor; 07-09-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch THOUGHT they were Anya's children, as did Magneto, so I assume they were still born around that time in 40s-50s.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

How old I think they are/ How old I think they should look

Thor 1,500/30
    Tony Stark 77/50
    Loki 1,700/65
    Odin 2,000/2,000
    Galactus Pre Big Bang+45/45
    Wasp (Janet) 60/31
    Hank Pym 75/42
    Reed Richards 85/70
    Sue Richards 50/27
    Ben Grimm 80/55
    Peter Parker 75/30
    Ororo 40/25
    Jean Grey 50/28
    Cyclops 55/44
    Magneto 80/60
    Doctor Doom 85/68
    Apocalypse 6,000/variable
    Carol Danvers 58/42
    Monica Rambeau 30/22
    Hulk 60/29
    Sentry 58/27
    Blue Marvel 85/38

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ant-Man, according to him, is in his 30s. I think it was something like 34-37. someone cut him off, while he was speaking.
    Thirty-f. So it's 34 or 35, and he must've become a father when still a teenager. Cassie is 16 - Scott told Nadia that they're the same age.

The Champions are easy - Amadeus is 19, Miles and Kamala are 17 (Kamala was 16 when she debuted, and Miles has been considering what to do in the future in his solo), Nadia and Snowguard are 16, and Nova and Ironheart are 15. Viv, of course, may behave like a teenager, but is actually only a year old.

Vision is about 12, though obviously he behaves as an adult.

Peter Parker and Johnny Storm are both around 29 if you take the sliding timescale seriously - but the Spectacular Spider-Man annual placed Peter starting work for the Bugle at 12 years ago, which would make him 27. Sue is in her late 30s and Ben and Reed should be nearly 50.

The Runaways... Nico, Chase, and Karolina are all about 19. Molly is 13 and Gert is 16. Victor Mancha, being another synthezoid, is probably two years old (for some reason the current series is written as though only two years have passed - but based on things like Secret Wars and it's timeskip, it should be three or four. Probably didn't want to age up Molly too much).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain America - 36
    Iron Man - 40
    Thor - ???
    Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - 30
    Hawkeye - 35
    Falcon - 33
    Hank Pym - 45
    Dr. Strange - 48
    Hulk/Banner - 48
    Nova (Richard Rider) - 26
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) - 29
    Spider-Man - 25

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Where she is a colonel, she'd have to be a LOT older than that.
    For a real person yes, but this is fiction. If Captain Kirk can command a Star Ship in his 30's, Carol can make colonel at the same age.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Rogue was about 17-18 when she first appeared, and then joined the X-Men about 2 years later in continuity? At that time Kitty would have been 16.

So if Kitty is 23 that would make Rogue 26-27.

Stark, Banner and Pym are all about the same age, having started off at 30. That would make them in their early 40's now.

Cap, according to the movie , was born on July 4 1918 (you see it on one is his application forms I think) meaning in 1944 he would be 26, 27 when he went into the ice, and between 38 and 40 now in the comics.
    Last edited by brettc1; 07-09-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor