Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default The Flash #50 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

The Flash #50

https://nerdist.com/the-flash-50-exc...iew-dc-comics/

The lightning-fueled finale of “Flash War”! Zoom adapts two new Speed Force powers into his arsenal against both Barry Allen and Wally West. What are these strange new powers? What can they do? And how will this haunt the Scarlet Speedster long after “Flash War” is over? It’s the power of two Flashes pitted against the seemingly unstoppable Hunter Zolomon!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yeah. I still don't like Hunter as a speedster.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

They need to at the very least show that the PRE FLASHPOINT world and characters are out there and they also should at the very least try to tie it into Doomsday Clock somehow, right ?

"Listen, before my mom died" Yes, we get it Barry, your mom is dead. Because The Flash always has to connect to your dead mom .

Oh look, they're trying to connect Wally's nemesis to Barry exactly like the TV show did .

I don't really think we need all these different Forces in a book that's ostensibly just supposed to be about speed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh look, they're trying to connect Wally's nemesis to Barry exactly like the TV show did .
    Actually, Williamson made a very interesting point about that recently. Barry and Hunter have a lot in common (as stated in this preview), while Wally and Eobard have a bunch of similarities (both were Flash superfans who wanted to be just like him when they got his powers and valued his opinion highly). Usually, we see arch-villains being used as dark reflections of the heroes they face, but having Hunter be a dark version of Barry, while Eobard is a dark version of Wally is an interesting interpretation. I'm interested to see where Williamson takes it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    They need to at the very least show that the PRE FLASHPOINT world and characters are out there and they also should at the very least try to tie it into Doomsday Clock somehow, right ?
    Why would they?

After what little they did with Jay after Flash #22, . . .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Oh look, they're trying to connect Wally's nemesis to Barry exactly like the TV show did
    In all fairness, "Return of Barry Allen" did the same thing.

And the Reverse Flashes being a distorted version of the Flasah that is not the one they have a beef with is sort of interesting.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Always Rakzo

I just loved this.

Williamson throwed all the references to previous mythos, including the often ignored Hypertime, while also developing the new ones that appeared post-Metal. Best of all are the character moments and how they were executed, he did give readers and answer about who was going to win this race and is just so satisfying to hear: "You're Wally West and you're the fastest man alive!" bringing back the best moments from Johns' run (as expected from Williamson), paying a lot of respect to the character and delivering exactly what fans wanted.

A bit of the conflict at the end felt kinda forced though, yes, it wasn't that much of a deal but it felt a bit out of place considering what just happened. That being said, it was compensated immediately by the return of you know who.

Porter's pencils remained effective during the whole read and that was this issue is, pretty effective from a story and emotional level.

Saw a spoiler for this, can't wait to read it.

I loved this! From beginning to end!

Amazing issue! Glad Wally got finally his due. Wonder how we get from here to sanctuary but I guess that's what next issue is for.

No more time travel eh? Wonder how long that'll stick. Still, it's something the book can survive without I guess.

Any guesses as to who was in the prison? I guess the obvious answer is Anti-Monitor but there are a number of possibilities. Wonder if this is referencing a past Crisis or telling us that this guy will be at the center of one in a couple years time. If that's the case, it could be someone new.

As a nice big cherry on top of an issue that I already loved, I finally got my favourite little brat back. This was definitely the highlight and I hope he doesn't have to wait as long as Wally did before he gets some decent page time in this book.

Overall, I thought Flash War was great and is probably my favourite big arc since Rogue War (though it might be too early to make that call). It feels like we're really in the thick of this run now and I'm excited to see where all these plot points go. Hope Williamson stays on for the forseeable future and continues this level of quality.

BANNED

I wonder how you know who is going to react to wally2 and to the fact that his grandparents are not married.

I’m willing to bet that “Inmate: Crisis” is Superboy-Prime, he seemed too small to be the Anti Monitor and has far more of a Grudge against the Flash Family- Honestly I cant wait to get Eobard back and see how he reacts to Flash War (We know he’s at the center of this “Inmate: Crisis” story- Thawne’s the one who locked him away.)

This was absolute garbage to me but I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

What a load of crap. Williamson did Barry dirty in this issue. If Barry wasn't trying to catch Wally's dumb ass, then most of the events in this issue would have never happened and yet Bary was given most of the blame. Williamson should really write Wally because that's who he clearly cares about. I am going to drop this series until it is given a better writer, and that would not be difficult to do.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman