Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The prisoner in the future might well be Zoom/Zolomon. Both Barry and Wally spent much of the final part of the story wondering "where's Zoom?" and vowing to "find Zoom." I'm guessing Zoom is that individual locked up in future Iron Heights.

Superboy-Prime is a remote possibility, but I'm skeptical that it's him. Anti-Monitor is even less likely, as this individual has a personal beef with the Flashes for "what they did to" him. It's true that Barry's sacrifice in COIE # 8 put a serious damper on Anti-Monitor's plans to take down the positive matter Multiverse, but Anti-Monitor has no personal beef with Wally or any other Flash.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I further believe that the time-travel restriction edict will likely stand for only a few years. It's honestly nice to take a break from that for a while, but I doubt it will be shelved permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The prisoner in the future might well be Zoom/Zolomon. Both Barry and Wally spent much of the final part of the story wondering "where's Zoom?" and vowing to "find Zoom." I'm guessing Zoom is that individual locked up in future Iron Heights.

Superboy-Prime is a remote possibility, but I'm skeptical that it's him. Anti-Monitor is even less likely, as this individual has a personal beef with the Flashes for "what they did to" him. It's true that Barry's sacrifice in COIE # 8 put a serious damper on Anti-Monitor's plans to take down the positive matter Multiverse, but Anti-Monitor has no personal beef with Wally or any other Flash.

I agree about the Anti Monitor but HIGHLY doubt its Zoom- The Person in that cell was put there by EOBARD THAWNE- that shows how dangerous the person there is- Thawne’s not just going to do a good deed like that and lock someone on Zoom’s level up

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I agree about the Anti Monitor but HIGHLY doubt its Zoom- The Person in that cell was put there by EOBARD THAWNE- that shows how dangerous the person there is- Thawne’s not just going to do a good deed like that and lock someone on Zoom’s level up
    Maybe Thawne doesn't want the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Maybe Thawne doesn't want the competition.

I’d agree- if Thawne wasnt the pnly reason Zoom is a threat again- he did break him out of prison and coincidentally save him from Flashpoint

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    What a load of crap. Williamson did Barry dirty in this issue. If Barry wasn't trying to catch Wally's dumb ass, then most of the events in this issue would have never happened and yet Bary was given most of the blame. Williamson should really write Wally because that's who he clearly cares about. I am going to drop this series until it is given a better writer, and that would not be difficult to do.
    I grew up with Wally as The Flash but I'm equally a fan of Barry... if not more of a fan. I agree this issue really propped up Wally and showed that HE is Williamson's favorite Flash. I liked the issue for the speed feats and the return of Bart. I didn't like how it felt a Waid issue of Wally's run in Barry's book. Williamson really seems like a Waid fanboy. Williamson really should write Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Oh thank god! Looking at this thread I thought I was the only one who felt Williamson is losing his **** on this one. I think I'm with you on dropping this title for a while.
    I liked the issue but I don't like where it leaves the Flash title. This issue felt like a lot of fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I, unfortunately, have grown to hate Wally West's character, and not because of any stories I read. Wally fans and the anti-Barry venom of a few of them just made Wally toxic for me (which is really a shame, but they sucked any enjoyment I once had for the character). It may seem illogical that it's not stories with Wally that are causing me to feel this way, but it's just the internet strength of all those haters.
    Certain Wally fans do make it difficult. This issue felt like it catered to those fans.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Hey, I just had a thought, what if that character at the end is Savitar. Williamson is indeed clearly a Waid fan and savitar is the sort of threat that would scare even Thawne.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What a load of crap. Williamson did Barry dirty in this issue. If Barry wasn't trying to catch Wally's dumb ass, then most of the events in this issue would have never happened and yet Bary was given most of the blame. Williamson should really write Wally because that's who he clearly cares about. I am going to drop this series until it is given a better writer, and that would not be difficult to do.
    Well to be fair it was Barry who destroyed Wally's life in the first place. That is just a cold hard fact. Barry messed up the timestream by being selfish witch not only trapped Wally in limbo it also wiped out his kids and made his wife forget everything about their life. If anything Wally should hate Barry more than Zoom and Hunter combined since he did more to hurt him than they ever did.

The thing is, character clearly uses anti-matter to destroy Renegades. Neither Prime nor Savitar can do that.

I will say what we're seeing is a depowered Anti-Monitor and HiC will lead to the next Crisis eventually.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The thing is, character clearly uses anti-matter to destroy Renegades. Neither Prime nor Savitar can do that.

I will say what we're seeing is a depowered Anti-Monitor and HiC will lead to the next Crisis eventually.
    Point. I'm all for the anti-Monitor. Just as long as it isn't Prime.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Maybe Superboy-Prime is using the anti-matter force. :P

Wally was done dirty in Flash:Rebirth, so let's not act like Barry was the only one. This is what happens when you have a writer writing Wally when he'd rather be writing Barry and vise versa. This is like Johns' first Flash run inverted.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Wally was done dirty in Flash:Rebirth, so let's not act like Barry was the only one. This is what happens when you have a writer writing Wally when he'd rather be writing Barry and vise versa. This is like Johns' first Flash run inverted.
    Editorial should wonder why they hired someone to write Barry's book who would rather be writing someone else. Of course he would do it for the money and the resume but they should have hired someone who wanted to write Barry. I agree about Johns' run... very good point. Reading interviews from Williamson last year I kind of sensed that he would be going in the direction that has been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

Now that you mention the "New Crisis" it probably is the AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    This issue felt like a lot of fan service.
    What can I say? I'm a fan, and I like to be serviced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Its nice to see the return but the problem is its time to stop jerking fans around reunite wally with linda and kids already

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Editorial should wonder why they hired someone to write Barry's book who would rather be writing someone else. Of course he would do it for the money and the resume but they should have hired someone who wanted to write Barry. I agree about Johns' run... very good point. Reading interviews from Williamson last year I kind of sensed that he would be going in the direction that has been taken.
    Barry is least interesting flash and least popular with fans. They have to make him more like wally every medium to make him interesting. Johns is madly in love (well as character) with barry allen. They don't seem to care if fans or other creators feel the same way.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 07-11-2018 at 12:12 PM.