Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Master Luke speaks for me.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That sums up what I think of those posts as well.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    That sums up what I think of those posts as well.
    When I first became a Flash fan, I was Luke's age in A NEW HOPE; now, I'm Luke's age in THE LAST JEDI.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

When I first became a Flash fan, I was Luke's age in A NEW HOPE; now, I'm Luke's age in THE LAST JEDI.

Haha... best post of the day! That only makes sense if you started reading with Barry.

And when I first became a Flash fan, Star Wars hadn't even been a movie yet!

(It would be almost half a decade before the original one first opened.)

Mighty Member

Let's be real. There are rabid Wally fans who are determined to hate Barry. They will look for any possible reason to justify that hatred and twist anything to work with their narrative for the character (almost like justifying a hatred for Zatanna based on how she was written in Identity Crisis. These characters have been around for many decades, there are going to be some unflattering moments in their history). At the same time there are rabid Barry fans who take the same approach with Wally, twisting any moment to suit a Wally sucks narrative. They both exist. We've seen both in this very thread.

That said, there are many of us who don't subscribe to that line of thinking. It is possible to be a Wally fan while also liking Barry. It is also possible to be a Barry fan while also liking Wally. Williamson is proof of that. He likes them all. Hard as that may be for some to believe, it's true. I like them both too, even if Wally is my Flash. The fact is I don't believe that a majority of Barry or Wally fans hate the other character. I just thing the ones that do tend to be quite vocal about it. As such, I implore people to not make decisions of a character's worth or entertainment value based on the reactions of some fans. You miss out on some great characters and some great stuff.

There were Doctor Who fans who would not accept any Doctor who wasn't David Tennent. They annoyed the hell out of me, but that doesn't I've let that ruin the awesomeness of David Tennent as Doctor Who and it hasn't stopped me from enjoying Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi and whoever else. The Flash Family is so full of great characters. Wally is awesome, Barry is awesome, Jay is awesome, Bart is awesome, and so on and so on. Don't let the actions of some vocal haters ruin these characters for you. It's just silly.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Here is the thing I wouldn't mind or care how much barry got spotlight or anything if Wally had gotten fair chance to have same amount. As people said on thread there is room for whole flash family but since Barry come back most of time its just been room for him. Anyone else can get heck out of the way shoved into shadows like Wally.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 07-11-2018 at 07:13 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Barry was on the Justice League team that agreed to have Dr Light's mind wiped in Identity Crisis
    I know that. What I fail to see is how IdC connects to the point I was making.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sometimes, I try to argue with the Wally-worshippers when they twist the facts.
    Other times, I just give up.

Wonder how things would have been if there was an internet community when Barry died and Wally replaced him back in '86. (Life was much simpler then.)
    He probably wouldn't have been The Flash for as long, but I don't think the two situations are that comparable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Here is the thing I wouldn't mind or care how much barry got spotlight or anything if Wally had gotten fair chance to have same amount. As people said on thread there is room for whole flash family but since Barry come back most of time its just been room for him. Anyone else can get heck out of the way shoved into shadows like Wally.
    Uh, no. First of all, Wally had 20 years of great solo stories, an almost unprecedented run of quality. This is not including all the other huge titles he has been a part of over the years. The most celebrated Flash stories are mostly all about Wally. That's more than most comic characters can hope for. Since he came back he was the main character of a comic that relaunched the entire line, he's gotten major focus on a team title (whether or not you liked it doesn't change the fact he got major focus), he was the center of the biggest Flash story since 2011, and now he's going to be a focus in DC's next major event. Would a new solo title be great? Yes. Does the lack of one mean Wally hasn't been getting room since his return in 2016? No.

Again, Wally fan here. I always want to see more of him, but Wally has been getting attention as have Wallace, Iris, Snart, Thawne, and all sorts of Flash characters (with many more to come). Barry is in the spotlight, but he isn't the only one there.
    Currently Reading:

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sometimes, I try to argue with the Wally-worshippers when they twist the facts.
    Other times, I just give up.
    Let's be honest here, Major, most of the times you try to tease or annoy the Wally camp. That Flash-Priume thread still pops up time and again.

Wonder how things would have been if there was an internet community when Barry died and Wally replaced him back in '86. (Life was much simpler then.)
    There's no way Wally as Flash would have lasted. Baron's run didn't really put the charts on fire, and Loebs was better, but not by much sales-wise. Waid got into the book believing it would be cancelled soon. There's no way Wally would survive actual internet hate having a poor selling run and a mid-range one, without having ridiculous editorial support. Which, in 86, he didn't. IT doesn't mean Barry would return immediatelyª, though.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

Something cool I found:

Williamson on Flash #50

It's a short interview, but it touches on a lot of stuff, like the origin of the other Forces (the creation of both Strength and Sage are tied to the powers of previously established characters) and where the title goes from here. He also gives a line of hope for those who might still be waiting on the return of certain Flash Family characters.

“Ever since I got the job, people have been wanting to know where other members of the Flash family like Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, and Jesse Quick are, and my answer to that is I want to write all of it. I want to touch every bit of the Flash mythology.”
    Currently Reading:

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I didn't see the return of Bart coming. That was a nice surprise.
    I don't make a secret that I am a HUGE Wally West fan. He is my Flash - and I really wish he had a monthly title again.
    That said -

In my opinion, the Barry Allen return has been mishandled from the get-go.
    In DC's attempt to make him 'the' Flash, they threw away the baby with the bath water depriving everyone of stories they wanted to see.
    How often did Barry interact with the rest of the Flash Family between his return and the 52 reboot?
    There is SO MUCH great stuff to be mined by a writer given the chance to play in the whole sandbox and not just one tiny corner.
    Barry is the inspiration for generations of speedsters to come. From Wally, Bart, Iris & Jai, John Fox etc. Why couldn't we see how Barry came to terms with that?
    It would HAVE to be off putting showing up at the scene and have everyone staring in awe at you. A regular guy like Barry would have trouble with that.
    How about a team-up of Eobard, Hunter, Savitar & Daniel VS the Flash Family??

Hopefully, we are about to get a little more opportunity to see things like this in the future.
    It is something I would really like to see as a fan of ALL the Flash characters.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Something cool I found:

Williamson on Flash #50

It's a short interview, but it touches on a lot of stuff, like the origin of the other Forces (the creation of both Strength and Sage are tied to the powers of previously established characters) and where the title goes from here. He also gives a line of hope for those who might still be waiting on the return of certain Flash Family characters.
    I guess I kind of get where Williamson is coming from with the "Forces," but I just don't really see it catching on like the Emotional Spectrum did, or any attempts to re-contexualize characters with these forces (like, does anyone really care about Grodd having a "Sage Force"?).

Hopefully the rest of the Flash Family won't need such a big storyline to bring them back like Bart did.

Mighty Member

I think after the upcoming issue that focuses on Barry and Commander Cold, I'll be dropping this title until a writer who wants to ACTUALLY WRITE BARRY replaces Williamson. I don't see why Wally fans are gloating and mocking Barry fans for expressing their dislike on how he's treated. They've been nothing but civil, it's usually the other side. The only positive thing about this book is the return of Bart.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Haven't posted in a while so here goes...
    Welp, now that Barry is OFFICIALLY a sidekick in his own book, all the Wally fans can have sex and celebrate their 'victory'. The series is obsessed with having more and more speedsters, and everyone is "better" than Barry for any and every reason. But let's keep him around for inspirational speeches about unity and family! He inspires! He has glow! We all wanna be like him just because he's good! The rest of the time is spent losing his powers or abilities every ten minutes. Don't get too excited about the "Wally is faster" bit because in this book, everybody seems to be faster especially the 'bad' flashes. Yes the Bart entry was cute but I think we're gonna end up with a mob of 'flashes' with nothing to distinguish them. The speed force is more transferable than a tatoo these days. I always liked the way both Barry and Wally played off each other and their relationship. It isn't about one being treated fair. Some people need to write their own stories since they dislike every thing and will keep moaning. Barry's boring, blah, blah. Wally's been ripped off, blah, blah. We have a right to complain! Blah, blah...never mind that there have been different versions of BOTH characters over time. The only flash war I see is the tiresome squabbling over who is supposedly better. While Williamson gets the mythos, I don't need to see a rehash of the "New Silver Age". At least Manapaul was moving forward with speedforce ability other than 'running fast around things' which is not only lame but its a weak visual. Future Blue Barry was Shiva trained in combat, something that makes sense actually. Remember the speed mind and seeing future scenarios? Maybe they should do Flash covers with Barry's smiling face in a little circle down in the corner saying "GUEST STARRING BARRY ALLEN." Give it a few months...Barry will be back in a dated crew cut and RedWally will sprout a hundred freckles.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 07-11-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.