Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Thanks for all the great recommendations, everyone! I'm going to look into as many of them as I can.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Glad so many people are citing Tony Stark: Iron Man #1. That issue really blew me away, too, with how good it was.

Some other recent issues that impressed me were Mighty Thor #700 and #1 of the new volume. Really, though, pretty much any Thor issue lately.

And Amazing Spider-Man #800 and #801 were incredible.

Also the new Venom #1, Immortal Hulk #1 (and the following issues of both runs have been just as good), and Death of the Inhumans #1.

And I don't know about narrowing it down to a single issue but, boy, Matthew Rosenberg's current Punisher run (which started with #218) has been crazy good and frequently makes me say "Wow!"

A specific issue of a great run that I really love is Deadpool, Vol. 4, #30. You can't go wrong with almost any issue of Gerry Duggan's Deadpool run but this was about 80 pages (I think - it was a big issue) and it was essentially a Deadpool graphic novel in one issue.
    I'm glad people are loving the first issue of Tony Stark: Iron Man. The more the merrier. Also I totally agree about how great Rosenbergs run has been on The Punisher. It has been consistently one of the best and and most entertaining runs out there. So far it's been my number 1 read for months.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

...I gotta also give a shout out to the recent Black Panther #1 by Coates and Acuna. Awesome kick off to a new era.

It'd probably be hard to go wrong with "Wakanda meet Star Wars" as your starting point but on top of the coolness of the concept, Coates and Acuna really bring it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The recent Punisher run is definitely high on that list.

Putting Frank in the War Machine armor is almost as fun as making him a Cosmic Ghost Rider

All of Hickman's Fantastic Four run, there are too many "wow" moments in that run to list.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

The final issue of Slott's Silver Surfer made me shed a damn tear!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Superior Iron Man was such a great series. If they didn't make Tom Taylor stop who knows how long it would of lasted.
    Honestly it was the run that got me into Iron Man. I really enjoyed Tony as a villain more so Superior Spider-Man and Hydra Cap.

Avengers Arena, the entire series.

Issues 1-6-9-10-12-15 specifically

Extraordinary Member

Edited list:

1: Final issues of Slott/Allred's Silver Surfer
    2: Darth Vader
    3:

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    The recent Punisher run is definitely high on that list.

Putting Frank in the War Machine armor is almost as fun as making him a Cosmic Ghost Rider
    It really is. I look forward to it with glee every month. I can't wait for issue #228. It will be Tony vs. Frank. My two favorite characters of all time battling over the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Honestly it was the run that got me into Iron Man. I really enjoyed Tony as a villain more so Superior Spider-Man and Hydra Cap.
    I'm so glad to hear it got you into Iron Man. Are you getting the new series?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

My last WOW was about 12 years ago:
    The Fantastic Four: The End by Alan Davis.
    WOW for me has been few and far between in this modern Marvel age.
    Non-Marvel book?
    Walter Simonson's Ragnarök
    Now that is a WOW!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Avengers Arena, the entire series.

Issues 1-6-9-10-12-15 specifically
    I'm so glad you brought that series up. I love that series and think it was so well done. People refused to give it a chance because of the premise, but Hopeless told a story that had me guessing and anxiously awaiting every issue.

Vision is a beautiful piece of art. I usually talk in terms of what I like/don't like as opposed to what's good/not good, but if I had to choose the "best" story of the past ten years, it would be King's Vision.

Cates' Thanos run was death metal in comics form. Just a bunch of cool stuff and arresting images. FUN.

Gillen's Journey Into Mystery was wrenching. I was very emotionally invested in that series, which doesn't happen often.

Aaron's Mighty Thor run connected with me emotionally, also. He married real human emotions and experiences with larger than life cosmic drama in a way rarely seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That is badass. Stunning art.