Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Billy Dee Williams Returns as Lando For Episode IX

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news actually.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news actually.
    Pretty sure it's bad news. He has nothing to do with any of the current cast, so to me this just comes across as a lack of ideas and attempt to hide behind nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Pretty sure it's bad news. He has nothing to do with any of the current cast, so to me this just comes across as a lack of ideas and attempt to hide behind nostalgia.
    So it’s going to be a typical Disney Star Wars movie.

Lando, 3PO, Chewie and R2- Maybe bring Shriv back from Battlefront 2

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lando is the only major character from the original trilogy who's still alive that hasn't appeared in the new movies. I'm wondering what he's been doing for the last 30 years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lando is the only major character from the original trilogy who's still alive that hasn't appeared in the new movies. I'm wondering what he's been doing for the last 30 years.
    Sure. But given this is the final film of the trilogy, suddenly checking in on someone that isn't part of the current story to me suggests that they are grasping at straws. At this point we should already have the core of the story elements and tying it all together in a conclusion. Instead this seems like Star Wars re-launch take 3.

Some guy from the previous trilogy is putting in an appearance? What are the chances he survives the film? I'm currently thinking less than 10%. Which might be generous.

BANNED

Sure. But given this is the final film of the trilogy, suddenly checking in on someone that isn't part of the current story to me suggests that they are grasping at straws. At this point we should already have the core of the story elements and tying it all together in a conclusion. Instead this seems like Star Wars re-launch take 3.
    This could have something to do with one of those core elements of the story no longer being with us.

The problem is that, for the overwhelming majority who don't read EU stuff, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, 3P0, R2, Obi Wan and Lando are Star Wars. Obviously, they have to have new characters to carry on the legacy but they have to have familiar characters (and actors) for as long as possible to get people coming to the movies and getting familiar with those new characters. So with Han killed off and Carrie Fisher having passed away, Williams was just about the only one left that they haven't already brought in.
    Power with Girl is better.

I really don't think they'll kill Lando.

And I'm pretty sure Force Ghost Luke will redeem his legacy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Don't do it Billy Dee it's a trap! They only want to kill you off.
    Hail Hydra!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As long as they don't make Finn Lando's stolen son, I don't see a problem with it if his role contributes to the story