Mighty Member

Default Child's Play The TV Series

http://comicbookandbeyond.com/childs-play-tv-series/

Geez Don "dumbass" Mancini way to flog a dead horse which you've been beating after CP 3 which the third film in my view is the last worth a damn chucky film and Chucky died in the fan and time to move on! but no Bride of Chucky was mediocre but it tried something different but kind of falls flat on it's face then Seed, Curse and Cult I DESPISE so much! it's time to just let this franchise just die already and the character has became a total joke after 3.

Being a fan of these original cinematic horror characters/franchises is like having a beloved relative who’s been on life support for years and you’ve accepted they’re gone so you’re just waiting for someone to realize they need to pull the plug

it's a dumb idea. but it's their mistake to make. I'd rather they put out a decent horror anthology tv show (that's not anything like American Horror Story).

Curse of Chucky was a great movie. Cult wasn't quite as good, but it was decent enough.

Hopefully they'kll follow up the latest movies. I'm kind of curious to see where things go given Chucky's new abilities they introduced in the last one.

Even it's weaker entries into the series Bride and Seed haven't fallen nearly as far as it's fellow slashers. The average worst Chucky movie is still much better than the worst Friday the 13th, halloween, or texas Chainsaw Massacre. This alone is something to be proud of.

It's interesting MGM seems to have the rights to use the name Child's Play and Concept so they're doing a film reboot that sounds like Stranger Things meet Child's Play and Universal has the rights to continue the original film series hence the TV show. Sounds like how Romero could do sequels to Night of the Living Dead but couldn't call them "Living Dead" due to John Russo having the rights and while Russo could use the name Living Dead he couldn't make direct sequels hence the Return of the Living Dead series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Curse of Chucky was a great movie. Cult wasn't quite as good, but it was decent enough.

Hopefully they'kll follow up the latest movies. I'm kind of curious to see where things go given Chucky's new abilities they introduced in the last one.

Even it's weaker entries into the series Bride and Seed haven't fallen nearly as far as it's fellow slashers. The average worst Chucky movie is still much better than the worst Friday the 13th, halloween, or texas Chainsaw Massacre. This alone is something to be proud of.
    To each their own, i don't have to like the latest Chucky sequels as i think Seed/Cult/Curse friggin' suck! Mancini has lost his touch after 3 and has became a shitty writer/director and i think he just killed the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    To each their own, i don't have to like the latest Chucky sequels as i think Seed/Cult/Curse friggin' suck! Mancini has lost his touch after 3 and has became a shitty writer/director and i think he just killed the franchise.
    If it's still going forward I wouldn't say he killed it just lessened the quality in some opinions.

Sounds like fun.

If you are taking this particular franchise/IP all that seriously to start with, that might be the problem right there.

Might as well start getting serious about the "Leprechaun" movies.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are taking this particular franchise/IP all that seriously to start with, that might be the problem right there.

Might as well start getting serious about the "Leprechaun" movies.
    Who in their right mind thought replacing Warwick Davis with a Hornswaggle was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    http://comicbookandbeyond.com/childs-play-tv-series/

Geez Don "dumbass" Mancini way to flog a dead horse which you've been beating after CP 3 which the third film in my view is the last worth a damn chucky film and Chucky died in the fan and time to move on! but no Bride of Chucky was mediocre but it tried something different but kind of falls flat on it's face then Seed, Curse and Cult I DESPISE so much! it's time to just let this franchise just die already and the character has became a total joke after 3.
    Yeesh, when the one thing that surpasses the gore of the franchise is the gore of this post. I feel like you need to take a breather -- just enough to put in some punctuation in there to split up the run-on sentences.

Back on topic, I liked the later Child's Play movies as well, albeit not as much as the first three. I'm fond of the series but maybe not to the degree that I'd be up for a television show.

I feel like Mancini's looking at the Evil Dead TV show and became "inspired," but there had been huge fan demand and three major players for that to happen.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Believe it or not, The Chucky TV series is actually good and well-liked. During its first season, there was almost nothing but praise for it on Child Play's Reddit community, and Horror community.
    My Forum check it out