Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Well, Hal was messed up about killing because the ceasefire had been signed. The war was over and the person he killed didn't know it. Someone died who didn't need to and Hal killed them because he wanted to survive.
    Perhaps I'm remembering it wrong, but doesn't Ace's report/exposition mention "Airman"Jordan (do wish these guys would research military ranks) wouldn't kill anyone in air-to-air engagements?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Perhaps I'm remembering it wrong, but doesn't Ace's report/exposition mention "Airman"Jordan (do wish these guys would research military ranks) wouldn't kill anyone in air-to-air engagements?
    He does. Or at least, that is a plot point. Hal doesn't kill until that one soldier. He shoots down planes in ways that disable to plane, but doesn't kill the pilots.
    Last edited by Sam; 07-14-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You'll have to refresh my memory with Hal Jordan. Isn't he always a test pilot who gets the ring from a dying alien, Abin Sur?

I didn't like that Emerald Dawn and the Geoff Johns secret origin played with other elements that came after that. But that's not really the origin. The groovy thing about the aftermath in the Schwartz/Broome/Kane/Giella run was the slow burn. You didn't know who Abin Sur was or anything else. And Hal had to slowly discover that there were these Guardians of the Universe and that other ring wielding champions existed in other parts of the universe. Those other origins, being contained to less issues, don't take their time to develop these concepts and build suspense.

yeah that is right. The big problem in interpreting Green Lantern today is they remove all the wonder out of it. It all comes out like vomit in one chuck.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    yeah that is right. The big problem in interpreting Green Lantern today is they remove all the wonder out of it. It all comes out like vomit in one chuck.
    I agree. I'd love to see the GL streamlined back to being just one guy with a magic ring. Not the multiple corps with ten of thousands of members, and every color of the rainbow.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I agree. I'd love to see the GL streamlined back to being just one guy with a magic ring. Not the multiple corps with ten of thousands of members, and every color of the rainbow.
    I agree about the multiple corps, and I think a little GLC goes a long way, but would be okay with keeping them for rare occasions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I agree about the multiple corps, and I think a little GLC goes a long way, but would be okay with keeping them for rare occasions.
    We seem to be a minority view in a world where bigger and bigger is cosidered better.

Extraordinary Member

I feel that Dick Grayson has a pretty great origin. The post-crisis origin for Jason Todd is great, also.