Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Favorite Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titan Storyline

What was your favorite storyline done in New Teen Titans by Marv Wolfman and George Perez

-H.I.V.E/Terminator/Ravenger
    -First Trigon story
    -Brother Blood
    -Rescuing Starfire on Tamaran from Blackfire
    -Speedy/drug storyline
    -Brotherhood of Evil
    -Who Is Donna Troy?
    -The Judus Contract
    -Aqualad/Aquagirl/H.I.V.E.
    -Donna's wedding
    -Second Trigon story
    -Who Is Wonder Girl?
    or some other issue or storyline

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Those are all A+ winners. I love them all.

I'd add the Adrian Chase/Vigilante issues as well. Seeing the Titans deal with regular street and mob crime was a nice change of pace. It was like someone dropped the NTT (bright costumes and all) into the NYC of Frank Miller's Daredevil/Sin City or Punisher's New York.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I too really loved the New Teen Titans era and loved many of these stories. I think Judas Contract is probably my favorite overall, but I do like to bring up the Trial of the Terminator arc as well, which I don't believe gets enough praise. Those issues were amazing, especially with Gar and Slade having a heart-to-heart at the diner. That scene was really one of the most well-done and heartfelt scenes to come out of that book and I love rereading it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The New Teen Titans by Perez and Wolfman is a nearly perfect run and I pretty much love the entire thing.

If I had to pick?

The Red Star issue and Wally's letter home are my absolute favorite stories during the run.

For multi-part stories the Deathstroke/Terra story is tops by far.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member

I love that run. I have to say that my favorite arcs would be Judas Contract, Terror of Trigon, and their first encounter with Brother Blood.

Extraordinary Member

Rescuing Starfire on Tamaran from Blackfire

DC has there own starwars right here

Boisterously Confused

The Judas Contract was probably the best, but it's a lot bigger than the collected trades. It runs from most of the issues from number1, where we meet the punk that set off the whole mess, to Changing (as he was called at the time)'s final talk-it-out with Deathstroke several issues after the nominal climax.

My single favorite was Donna's wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Rescuing Starfire on Tamaran from Blackfire

DC has there own starwars right here
    Such a fantastic story, great world-building and an awesome villain. This is my favourite too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Judas Contract was probably the best, but it's a lot bigger than the collected trades. It runs from most of the issues from number1, where we meet the punk that set off the whole mess, to Changing (as he was called at the time)'s final talk-it-out with Deathstroke several issues after the nominal climax.

My single favorite was Donna's wedding.
    After reading it all it occured to me Beastboy is deathrokes Nemisis not Dick

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    After reading it all it occured to me Beastboy is deathrokes Nemisis not Dick
    That's an interesting take. On the other hand, Deathstroke and Beastboy resolved their issues, which is one of the beautiful things about the arc. At least they settled it four or five reality inside-out-turnings ago.

I don't see it in the OP's list, but to me it was the "Runaways" story in two parts (NTT #26 and #27). The epilogue, which reminds the reader that no matter if the Titans won in the end, the issue of underage youths leaving their homes to disappear in the dark corners of society is still ongoing all around us is one of the most effective gut-punches that have ever been added to a mainstream superhero comic book. Not because it aims at making us feel bad, but because it encourages us to think about reality once we stop reading.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    I don't see it in the OP's list, but to me it was the "Runaways" story in two parts (NTT #26 and #27). The epilogue, which reminds the reader that no matter if the Titans won in the end, the issue of underage youths leaving their homes to disappear in the dark corners of society is still ongoing all around us is one of the most effective gut-punches that have ever been added to a mainstream superhero comic book. Not because it aims at making us feel bad, but because it encourages us to think about reality once we stop reading.
    Said before: These forums need a Like button. Good call.

The one I always go back to is:
    Rescuing Starfire on Tamaran from Blackfire.
    Next would be:
    The Quest for the Killers of the Doom Patrol.
    Issues 13, 14 and 15.

The Quest for the Doom Patrol Killers is a favorite of mine also and The Judas Contract is my overall favorite. I would also have to say that Titans Hunt is a favorite but I would leave out the issues when it had to dive into the crossovers DC was having at the time. I also have to say the graphic novel Games is very much a favorite and makes me wish that it was in continuity because it gave a nice ending/redeeming to Danny Chase.

Such a classic run, one of the best. Everything already mentioned is great. Probably any of the Deathstroke related stuff would top my list.

Crossroads has always been a personal favorite. And the little crossover with Batman and the Outsiders.