View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I don't understand why we talk about TP the whole powerset of a character must play a role... Nate Grey for example has Reality Warping. But we don't care. We rate him as a Telepath. And as one he is not more powerful as Jean/Emma/Xavier. Why his Reality Warping even taken in consideration?

As TP power goes it is Jean >> Xavier/Shadow King >= Emma and then the others. Emma's skill matches Xaviers'. Jean is quite skillful too.

Fixx and Psylocke

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    the Telepath wars of 2019 are interesting indeed.

For me, Prof X is the top of the Alphas...I would say he has the raw power and the skill.. I also think Emma is quit powerful just not as powerful.. I see her as being a self taught and someone who improves based on need.. Psylocke also falls into this camp where as Charles and jean because of his teachings are classically trained.. I wonder thought about the psionic adjacents like Karma, Moonstar, Empath, where do they fit in the peaking order..

In many respects, Prof x is what Superman is for the strong tanks.. Super powerful but always holding back because if they cut loose it would be over and done with.. Its funny no one has mentioned Selene or Sinister when it comes to telepath rankings.. where do they fall?
    But Emma is not entirely "self taught" she had Astrid Bloom as a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I don't understand why we talk about TP the whole powerset of a character must play a role... Nate Grey for example has Reality Warping. But we don't care. We rate him as a Telepath. And as one he is not more powerful as Jean/Emma/Xavier. Why his Reality Warping even taken in consideration?

As TP power goes it is Jean >> Xavier/Shadow King >= Emma and then the others. Emma's skill matches Xaviers'. Jean is quite skillful too.
    Nate isn’t a reality warper. What he did in AoX was courtesy of Legion and the life seed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    But Emma is not entirely "self taught" she had Astrid Bloom as a teacher.
    she basically a thief.. Its interesting now that I think about it. She stole from her to get that come up. The allusions you could pull from this is wild especially in some contexts.. The dropped the ball by not bringing Astrid back. She could have been apart of the Sisterhood. She should be Emma's big bad along with Cordelia. And I think she got the basics from Astrid but her other stunts were just her.. I will give her the psionic lighting feat as her own invention. Its like Psylocke. She had Strike Training but I see her as a self taught telepath as well.

BANNED

Jean/Quire > Xavier/Shadow King > Emma > the others.

Not sure where fits Exodus, He should be high.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post

Nate Grey is a telepath/Telekinetic..no reality warper.

That's Proteus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Nate Grey is a telepath/Telekinetic..no reality warper.

That's Proteus.
    It's odd that Hickman clasified even more obscure characters like Vulcan and for got about X-man. Nate always seemed like the most powerful TP/TK on every aspect, he should be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    It's odd that Hickman clasified even more obscure characters like Vulcan and for got about X-man. Nate always seemed like the most powerful TP/TK on every aspect, he should be on the list.
    Vulcan isnt so obscure considering he will be featured in the first arc of Hickman's ongoing

Nate Grey isnt even in this universe anymore, so that could be why he wasnt listed. FYI, he got a massive power downgrade years ago. His omega status isnt guaranteed. The only reason he was able to do anything he did in Disassembled/AoX was bc of the life seed boosting him up. The dude was being trained by Hope Summers of all people back in Regenisis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Vulcan isnt so obscure considering he will be featured in the first arc of Hickman's ongoing

Nate Grey isnt even in this universe anymore, so that could be why he wasnt listed. FYI, he got a massive power downgrade years ago. His omega status isnt guaranteed. The only reason he was able to do anything he did in Disassembled/AoX was bc of the life seed boosting him up. The dude was being trained by Hope Summers of all people back in Regenisis
    He's not? Where did he go?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    He's not? Where did he go?
    He stayed in AoX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He stayed in AoX
    Good! Nate was redundant anyway...

Where do you rank Sage? She easily repelled a non X-Men trained Psylocke but was possessed by Karma.

Her psi-shielding must have been been extremely high as Emma never found out she was a double agent. (As far as I lnow)
    RCO010_1468798575.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-03-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, the poll is "favorite telepath" not "most powerful".
    A general rule of thumb on the internet is that one's favorite is the most powerful. Or should be.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

I voted for Jean, but I have to admit even as a die hard Jean fan it is hard for me to think of a telepath more powerful than Xavier. I do like Jean being an omega level telepath. I agree with Quinton too since Morrison established his power levels. Xavier just has the feats. Jean has always been portrayed as a powerful telepath narratively but we don't always get to see it. For most of her history it has been her tk that she mainly uses. However as soon as she became a telepath she was shown to be capable and powerful one (original X-men days).

Though I guess some of you are right that Xavier hasn't been shown to be a tp powerhouse in some time. He does look pretty powerful in the Hickman era with his cerebro on his head. I wonder how Jean and Quinton stack up to that.

I do think it is a waste to argue power levels. Other telepaths like Emma, Besty, and Rachel have use feats (same with Nate, Cable, etc). They all are very powerful and capable.