View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    From my understanding that Incredible Herc arc was basically in an AU and nothing much was clairified regarding Phoenix Emma except she was an Avenger and too weak to penetrate Stark’s psi-shielding. Seems pretty irrelevant.

Pak giving two explanations and intentionally leaving it open is just that. It blows my mind you simultaneously use that interview to support your argument and in the next breath contradict it. Pick one.

It’s not about being obtuse, it’s about reading what’s there. You’re making leaps of logic that aren’t narurally supported in the text. It’s a grasping read at best which is hilarious given your previous hardline on it never specifically saying Rachel had higher raw power levels, even though that’s the obvious implication in their exchange. Emma doesn’t say that’s what she did when younger either, all she says is Rachel’s full of rate and it reminds her of herself when she was her age (like 20 years ago). For someone who argues a literalist take you sure do make a lot of liberties when it suits you.

And now I see why you selectively edited that AA scan. It was Phoenix Emma being an omega level muntant threat, not Emma herself being classed as an omega mutant. But hey, I’ll take obtuse over disingenuous.
    Well then your understanding of the story is incorrect. They were the same 616 characters. History was changed but the object only effected the Earth. It did not change the reality. And Hercules was unchanged

Pak gave two explanations. Then clarified. Hence why Incredible Hercules and Emma Frost with a different upbringing could host it, why AvX Emma could host it and not burn out in seconds. And Celeste could host it but not the others.

Its not an obvious implication. The obvious reading is that Rachel was weilding her power wrecklessly. Hence why she was amping her power levels and Emma wasn't. But you seem to ignore that for your own narrative. If you want to be literal then nothing you stated is there. If you want to read between the lines it's obvious the story is saying Rachel is inexperienced with her power and is trying to over power Emma in the telepathic battle while Emma did not need to tap into her power she beat her through skill.

Rachel's citation as an Omega mutant was Omega class threat by Nimrod when she had the Phoenix so I don't know why you're jumping. It also clearly states Omega level mutant threat. So Phoenix Emma automatically becomes an Omega level mutant then yeah? Her dna is changed? The classification would not change given Omega level mutsnt does not mean what you think it means. That meaning changed
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.