View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its both. Her TP allowed her to connect to all those minds and use the psi-energy to boost her TK. Without her TP, she can not absorb psychic energy
    That actually makes sense I suppose after gaining all Jeen's memories -- asking for Jean (Rachel, and Nathan) to start using her (their) TP/TK in the same fashion that Jeen did is asking for too much, huh? I mean it would put the need for the Phoenix Force peacefully to bed.
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-27-2019 at 12:15 PM.

I'd love for more creative uses from dual-psionic characters

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    That actually makes sense I suppose after gaining all Jeen's memories -- asking for Jean (Rachel, and Nathan) to start using her (their) TP/TK in the same fashion that Jeen did is asking for too much, huh? I mean it would put the need for the Phoenix Force peacefully to bed.
    I disagree that Rachel and Nate should be mimicking her powerset exactly. That skill and ability was something that Jeen developed and should be unique to her. Just like chrono-skimming and time travel should be unique to Rachel. Or unmitigated psychic possession for Karma. Or Betsy's butterfly signature and psycho-blaster. It's something I miss, in that in particular telepaths had a range of abilities but excelled at a few like no other. Pawning this usage (in particular if Jean is not doing it) is lazy and only adds to the feelings people already have about Rachel or others stealing from Jean (which is true in some instances as writers are, again, lazy).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I'd love for more creative uses from dual-psionic characters
    Me too. I'm all for this and mot a copy of Jean's version of this dual usage.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    That’s a horrible idea. It should be kept unique to Jean not passed around like an STD like the Phoenix has become.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I disagree that Rachel and Nate should be mimicking her powerset exactly. That skill and ability was something that Jeen developed and should be unique to her. Just like chrono-skimming and time travel should be unique to Rachel. Or unmitigated psychic possession for Karma. Or Betsy's butterfly signature and psycho-blaster. It's something I miss, in that in particular telepaths had a range of abilities but excelled at a few like no other. Pawning this usage (in particular if Jean is not doing it) is lazy and only adds to the feelings people already have about Rachel or others stealing from Jean (which is true in some instances as writers are, again, lazy).

Me too. I'm all for this and mot a copy of Jean's version of this dual usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    That’s a horrible idea. It should be kept unique to Jean not passed around like an STD like the Phoenix has become.

Forgive me... I didn't think of that. Unique to Jean it is
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-27-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is sad nobody making a case or discussing about Rachel or Betsy telepathic skills. they have done some impressive things too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it is sad nobody making a case or discussing about Rachel or Betsy telepathic skills. they have done some impressive things too

Are you sure Rachel deserves a mention?

Thread's about the top telepath. Both are good, but the top? I don't think anyone would ever put either in contention for the title. Well, I could see Rachel vying for it in the past, but they've really powered her down/humiliated her for far too long now to even try to put her in the conversation for top dog.

Incredible Member

Betsy made herself a new body too

Mighty Member

This powerful telepath has been beaten to death.. What about who is the most creative telepath? Who would that be to you?

I vote Emma and Betsy..

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    With Styx's soul energy

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    that wasnt telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

Are you sure Rachel deserves a mention?
    One panel of Madeline knocking down Rachel after years of crappy writing doesn't disclude her.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    This powerful telepath has been beaten to death.. What about who is the most creative telepath? Who would that be to you?

I vote Emma and Betsy..
    Creative? Probably Betsy. The array of stuff she's done with hers is impressive. As much as I don't like him, QQQ is up there too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Creative? Probably Betsy. The array of stuff she's done with hers is impressive. As much as I don't like him, QQQ is up there too.
    And, what has Quire done that was so incredible that he deserves acknowledgement here?