View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Emma didn’t do that on her own, she needed the Cuckoos to boost her because she doesn’t have mass global reach. Also which is more difficult, speaking to a ton of people simultaneously or listening to a ton of people simultaneously?

Rogue absorbed their psyches, which only still existed because the Hecatomb failed processing them after the first 10 million souls, but Emma wasn’t digging down through billions of thoughts and memories for information like Rachel, she only needed to brush the surface and find Rogue. And she wasn’t even necessairily in contact with them all simultaneously either, we don’t know how many she went through even before finding Rogue relatively quick. When you look for a single grain of sand in a desert, which was the comparison Emma gave, you’re looking at every piece of sand at once.
    False, the Cuckoo's werent there in that scan. The one in Utopia
    Rachel wasn't listening to them similtaneously. She was sitting up there counting. WATXM doesn't state that she was doing that. Additionally, she took her time to do that. Emma did it in a few panels.

Rogue absorbed their minds. Again I urge you to actually read the arc. The shiar developed a weapon to separate mind from body. And the problem with the virus meant that rogue was killing people with her touch as she was able to absorb the entire mind.

Rachel clearly wasn't digging well enough either because she couldn't locate the Hellfire Club and there were many that knew information on it. Including the inner circle and the Cordelia Frost apparently
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-20-2018 at 07:47 PM.

She was digging for any sign of the Inner Circle or their school and accessing billions at a time going by the numbers she gave. She couldn’t find them because they were shielded and none of the HFC’s staff knew where it was.

Also note she was doing all this while telekinetically holding herself 30,000 feet above Manhattan and fending off a nagging Storm. And not breaking a sweat either.
    She couldn't find Kid Omega or sabertooth either. She couldn't find anyone who had seen a little girl walking a space slug on a leash in the street. Also note that it stated her intention was to try and scan everyone on the planet. The scan never states she succeeded
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-20-2018 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    False, the Cuckoo's werent there in that scan.
    Rachel wasn't listening to them similtaneously. She was sitting up there counting. WATXM doesn't state that she was doing that. Additionally, she took her time to do that. Emma did it in a few panels.

Rogue absorbed their minds. Again I urge you to actually read the arc. The shiar developed a weapon to separate mind from body. And the problem with the virus meant that rogue was killing people with her touch as she was able to absorb the entire mind.

Rachel clearly was digging well enough either because she couldn't locate the Hellfire Club and there were many that knew information on it. Including the inner circle and the Cordelia Frost apparently
    False? Uh no, the Cuckoos were right there next to Emma and “Scott” and were focued on projecting “his” message. They even talked about doing it.

We don’t know how long Rachel was scanning but her “counts” were realtime which means within one panel she’d accessed billions and accounted for what they were thinking right at that moment. Emma took several panels to find Rogue and never gave a rough account of how many “grains of sand” she sifted through.

I’ve read the arc before, the weapon was suppossed to process souls but it malfunctioned due to the scale iirc. It was reverse engineered from Mummdrai by the Shi’ar.

Also the Inner Circle was shielded, the entire school was. Rachel and Logan had already gone through all the known HFC branches and safe houses, no one could give them a lead, willingly or otherwise. Cordelia likely didn’t have the location either given she only briefly communicated remotely.

False? Uh no, the Cuckoos were right there next to Emma and “Scott” and were focued on projecting “his” message. They even talked about doing it.

We don’t know how long Rachel was scanning but her “counts” were realtime which means within one panel she’d accessed billions and accounted for what they were thinking right at that moment. Emma took several panels to find Rogue and never gave a rough account of how many “grains of sand” she sifted through.

I’ve read the arc before, the weapon was suppossed to process souls but it malfunctioned due to the scale iirc. It was reverse engineered from Mummdrai by the Shi’ar.

Also the Inner Circle was shielded, the entire school was. Rachel and Logan had already gone through all the known HFC branches and safe houses, no one could give them a lead, willingly or otherwise. Cordelia likely didn’t have the location either given she only briefly communicated remotely.
    Ugh no I'm talking about Fractions run

No given Storms concerns it was definitely longer then one panel. We also don't know if she scanned everyone. The most she had was 2 billion. Emma scanned all of those minds to locate Rogue fairly quickly.

Cordelia was a member of the Hellfire Club. Rachel could not find any information on them or anyone who saw the new white queen walking her pet. So she obviously did not scan anyone. Also no proof she did scan everyone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She couldn't find Kid Omega or sabertooth either. She couldn't find anyone who had seen a little girl walking a space slug on a leash in the street. Also note that it stated her intention was to try and scan everyone on the planet. The scan never states she succeeded
    Yes, they were at the school already. And she was scanning billions in realtime. Maybe not 7.5b but around 3b at least going by her counts.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Except, what he actually wrote in the issue contradicts what he said on twitter. The sequence of events as written in Kyss's scan does not add up to what he tweeted.

This is why I believe there is a discrepancy between his twitter post and what he wrote in actual canon. I think Exodus Cloak mentioned something about him having to respond to fans even 8 hours later after this response, so it seems as if there was a constant stream of people coming at him who didn't like Xavier accomplishing what he did.
    oh yea jean fans on that platform were attacking the poor man. it was quite quite sad. this is the only reason he came up with that excuse to shut them up (something he wouldnt have done had they not harrassed him incessantly)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Rosenberg’s too nice on twitter. He should kill Jean again in retaliation.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Emma reading Rogue vs Rachel reading Earth. Not exactly a contest there, “static” or no. Technically Rachel would’ve been reading Rogue too, and untold others with psi-resistances.
    I disagree with you. Sometimes, a single person can be bigger problems that scanning a whole planet depending on the mental defenses that single person has. Rogue's mind is a challenge when it's crammed with the minds of others. In this case, there were 8 billion other psyches running in her head. I think Emma sifting through this is much more impressive than what Rachel did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    In my opinion this is an interpretation. Regardless, if true, this Would suggest it is Xavier vs jean/dark Phoenix in the panels.

But he’s saying jean helped him. Which means t was jean + Xavier vs dark Phoenix.

Which of these two versions is it? Is it Xavier vs jean/dark Phoenix or is it jean and Xavier vs dark Phoenix?

If it’s the first one, then Xavier won becaus jean helped him, not necessarily because he’s better than her. If it’s the second one then this evidence is irrelevant either way because it’s xavier vs the Phoenix, not jean.

Also, just a different question in general - at the time this was written, was Phoenix a possessive cosmic entity or just jean’s “true potential”? I can’t rememebr.

So in Rosenberg’s case it was to get fans off his back. But rutog is referencing things clqremont outside of the comic, but that’s ok for the discussion I take it?

Personally I think it’s best to just leave all outside “intentions” of writers out of it. But if we are going to allow it, we should be consistent which means not hand waving what Rosenberg said away.
    The Jean + Xavier vs. Dark Phoenix comment you are referring to is explained in the issue. Throughout the Phoenix Saga, Jean's humanity tempered the power of Phoenix. Hence, it wasn't until Mastermind played his mind games and poisoned that humanity that Phoenix's raged dark and out of control unrestrained. Xavier said Jean was fighting her Phoenix self. In the context of the whole Phoenix/Jean dynamic, Jean's better nature acted as a means to temper the power. So, the help Jean offered was to try and temper the power of Dark Phoenix in that fight. In other words, Xavier had the psi to battle Dark Phoenix on all the infinite planes of reality at once, but he would have lost that contest had Jean's persona not restrained Dark Phoenix's powers which kept it from being able to come at him full force.

It does not work grammatically to say that Jean/Phoenix boosted him in that fight since if that were the case, the issue would have had to say, "Jean fought against her Phoenix nature while boosting my powers at the same time." That is not at all what was stated. Instead, the way it was written, again, the aid Jean offered Xavier here was to fight the Phoenix persona/temper its power. In other words, once more, Dark Phoenix wasn't coming at Xavier full strength because Jean's humanity was exercising a degree of restraint on its power.

Y'all really going in on this debate! I've been reading every last post while sipping my tea (coffee truthfully) lol. Neither of you are going to concede. In the battle between Xavier and Dark Phoenix, I also took it to mean that Jean was restraining some of Dark Phoenix's power and killer instinct. But then again I could be wrong and it could've been like the FOX cartoon version with Jean actively helping/boosting Xavier. It's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Haha!
    Last edited by Drey; 08-21-2018 at 11:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Y'all really going in on this debate! I've been reading every last post while sipping my tea (coffee truthfully) lol. Neither of you are going to concede. In the battle between Xavier and Dark Phoenix, I also took it to mean that Jean was restraining some of Dark Phoenix's power and killer instinct. But then again I could be wrong and it could've been like the FOX cartoon version with Jean actively helping/boosting Xavier. It's subjective.

Haha!
    I'd say you're correct in the way you took it to mean. Xavier said he could sense Jean fighting against her Phoenix self. Notice the wording, he could "sense". If Phoenix Jean were adding her psi-powers to his powers, he would have more than just a mere "sense" of that happening. He would feel her powers boosting his own. It's a reach on the other side to try and claim that Jean's persona was doing anything in this fight other than trying to temper the power of Dark Phoenix with her humanity, which had been the restraint on Phoenix's power up until Mastermind played his mind games.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-21-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Here's the screenshot so everyone has the same frame of reference.

X vs J.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'd say you're correct in the way you took it to mean. Xavier said he could sense Jean fighting against her Phoenix self. Notice the wording, he could "sense". If Phoenix Jean were adding her psi-powers to his powers, he would have more than just a mere "sense" of that happening. He would feel her powers boosting his own. It's a reach on the other side to try and claim that Jean's persona was doing anything in this fight other than trying to temper the power of Dark Phoenix with her humanity, which had been the restraint on Phoenix's power up until Mastermind played his mind games.
    Makes sense.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

look what I came across

..close thread
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!