View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Find it on twitter where Rosenberg beefed with some featz queenz.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Find it on twitter where Rosenberg beefed with some featz queenz.
    I will

That's just a shitty responses to appease Jean fans.

I'm a Jean fan but that was an unnecessary post.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I will

That's just a shitty responses to appease Jean fans.

I'm a Jean fan but that was an unnecessary post.
    Check your PM box...
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    1/2) That wasn’t Jean, that was the Phoenix itself keeping the rapist away. And Jean was still his slave, still helped him grab everyone else. So yeah, seemed like he was her match. I guess we can add Jean to the shortlist of stronger wills than Storm along with Mesmero, Magneto, Brainchild, Masque...

3) It’s just a theory but one rooted in continuity that makes sense. Trauma can work that way and her Hound conditioning can make some sense of it. Similar to the idea that Lorna’s mental issues make her more suseptible to mind control too, which she also has a spotty record with.

Speaking of making things up though, most of Rachel’s mind control or slavery instances didn’t even involve telepathy. At least I’m using actual canon to float my theiry rather than spouting unsupported bullshit like you.

4) Being a psychic being doesn’t mean you can’t operate on the physical plane without a living host. Rockslide does it just fine. But he’s also not a psi-parasite that needs to lie and his trick his way into any real power. SK is dangerous but not be ause he can just naturally steamroll. That’s what got Farouk killed.

5/6/7) No it didn’t state that. Storm was worried Rachel might hurt herself and Rachel told her she was fine. She seemed more annoyed by Ro than anything.

You keep saying other telepaths could do this but you keep failing to prove it. Just repeating something won’t make it true no matter how many times you do it. We have Xavier on the Skrull homeworld as a comparable example and basically nothing else, certainly nothing from Emma. The closest she comes is when she used the Cuckoos to boost her DOX message. It’s time for you to put up or let it go, where are these easy examples?

No, literally Emma made Rachel cry with her daddy issues and quit. Then she consoled her and asked to team up. No KO in sight, just crafty outmaneuvering. Emma’s great, she went in for a fight at first but realized halfway through as the more (ahem) mature psi she should do better and recognized something of herself in Rachel, so she played defense and inversion. She taught Rachel that lesson but not the way she lashed out with initially.

lol, by all means quit while you’re behind. Can’t handle these FEATZ and I notice you won’t even touch Askani’s Flame’s excellent schooling on the subject. This isn’t an agree to disagree stalemate, it’s simply your inability to admit when you’re wrong.

8) Nope, you’ve been dealt with. There’s a difference.
    1&2) Your claim what that Mesmero was able to control two Phoenix's. My scans clearly proved that he was no match for Phoenix Jean. I am not going to respond to your Storm comment. I have already debunked that.

3) Nowhere in canon has it stated that Rachel is susceptible to mind control because of that hound business. You clearly made that up. Also, Rachel has been taken over via telepathy. Selene took her over in the Kulan Gath arc as well as Uncanny X-Men #189. Bogan locked her down in her own mind, and then used her body as his own. Then she has just plain lost telepathically to other psis.

4) Farouk was not Shadow King's first body. SK was birthed from the first nightmare.

5/6/7/) Rachel was fine at that point, but it was clear that had she kept it up for too long that she would have hurt herself.

Also, Xavier on Skrull World is not a comparable example to Rachel as he blew her feat out. Xavier was able to instantly connect with all 8,000,000,000 minds at the same time and psi-link them to Galactus all in a blind instant. It took Rachel a LONG time just to sift through fewer minds than that, and she didn't do anything near what Xavier did.

Emma's goal was not to KO Rachel. She even told Rachel that she was not her enemy. Rachel came at her seriously with all of her power to try and annihilate Emma, and the White Queen merely held back and did what she needed to do to show Rachel that she was not the equal to herself. Emma wasn't trying to destroy Rachel, just illustrate the point that Rachel was defenseless against her while Rachel tried to destroy Emma and failed miserably.

Sorry, but I think you are overblowing Rachel's feats, to be honest.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-18-2018 at 04:22 PM.

BANNED

Read this scan again that Exodus Cloak posted:

Emma: "Whatever you believe, Marvel Girl, whatever your future may hold, you are not my equal." What Emma is saying here is Rachel will never be her equal. That means even if Rachel trained, Emma will always be her better. This does not bode well for your argument of Rachel having more raw power than Emma, but only losing because the White Queen has superior will, skill, and experience.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-18-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Emma Frost is a confirmed omega mutant. She is an omega-level telepath.
    Omega level mutant =/= Omega level telepath
    I've seen this stated before on comic book boards, and I've always found it curious.

Someone can be a mutant telepath, and an Omega level telepath, but not an Omega level mutant?

Especially if telepathy is the sole mutation one has and the only thing that makes them a mutant in the first place, how can one be one and not the other?

Is the "Omega" classification even applied to non-mutants? (Legitimate question.) Is there an example of say, Moondragon to pull a random example, being an Omega level telepath but not an Omega level mutant since she isn't a mutant? Or has, say, Doctor Strange been classified as possessing Omega level sorcery? And why would this only be the case with telepathy? Iceman, to use another example, wouldn't be classified as an Omega level elemental but not an Omega level mutant--his ice powers are his mutation. They're the expression of his X-gene. It's seemed odd to me that I only see people make this distinction with telepathy. Any illumination would be appreciated.
    Last edited by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom; 08-18-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

BANNED

There was no such thing as an "Omega-Level Telepath". Some writer, who didn't know anything about X-Men and literally only liked one of the characters, was driving the main book and invented this phrase when he was powercreeping his self-insert's girlfriend.

That's why the term sounds like Omega-Level Mutant. A writer was barely informed and therefore confused about some concepts.

Lol
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 08-18-2018 at 09:22 PM.

"Omega Level Telepath" just mean the highest order of telepathic skill.

It doesn't mean you have an unlimited potential/energy to perform limitless telepathic feats.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

1&2) Your claim what that Mesmero was able to control two Phoenix's. My scans clearly proved that he was no match for Phoenix Jean. I am not going to respond to your Storm comment. I have already debunked that.

3) Nowhere in canon has it stated that Rachel is susceptible to mind control because of that hound business. You clearly made that up. Also, Rachel has been taken over via telepathy. Selene took her over in the Kulan Gath arc as well as Uncanny X-Men #189. Bogan locked her down in her own mind, and then used her body as his own. Then she has just plain lost telepathically to other psis.

4) Farouk was not Shadow King's first body. SK was birthed from the first nightmare.

5/6/7/) Rachel was fine at that point, but it was clear that had she kept it up for too long that she would have hurt herself.

Also, Xavier on Skrull World is not a comparable example to Rachel as he blew her feat out. Xavier was able to instantly connect with all 8,000,000,000 minds at the same time and psi-link them to Galactus all in a blind instant. It took Rachel a LONG time just to sift through fewer minds than that, and she didn't do anything near what Xavier did.

Emma's goal was not to KO Rachel. She even told Rachel that she was not her enemy. Rachel came at her seriously with all of her power to try and annihilate Emma, and the White Queen merely held back and did what she needed to do to show Rachel that she was not the equal to herself. Emma wasn't trying to destroy Rachel, just illustrate the point that Rachel was defenseless against her while Rachel tried to destroy Emma and failed miserably.

Sorry, but I think you are overblowing Rachel's feats, to be honest.
    1/2) Uh how? She was still his slave, still did all his bidding, still fucked over her friends at his request. Literally all her resistence was simply the Phoenix Force keeping him from raping her. And even that had to be retconned in.

3) It’s not been explicitly stated afaik, but it makes sense given her formative trauma and track record. And no I didn’t make it up, it’s a common fan theory. Like Lorna’s on susceptibility/history on the topic.

And I didn’t say Rachel’s never been enslaved via telepathy, I just said more often it’s been other things. Selene also didn’t use telepathy iirc, she used hypnotism.

4) So he says, personally I wouldn’t take his word on anything. Farouk is the first body we know of at least.

5/6/7) No, that’s not clear at all. There was no clear struggle even, you’re completely fabricating this.

Linking minds is logically easier (and faster) than going through memories. It’s only contact versus searching and digging. Granted Xavier linked all those minds simultaneously, which we don’t know how many minds Rachel was searching at once, but both are pretty impressive global displays of telepathy. Something on a scale we haven’t seen from many other telepaths. Once more, could you name some?

Emma was lashing out initially, she changed course partway through the fight. That doesn’t mean she was holding back though, it just means she had a different goal. And while Rachel was out for blood, no she didn’t want to destroy Emma either. And you’re wrong on the fight itself, Rachel wasn’t defensless against Emma and she successfully countered every move Emma made (to Emma’s own surprise) until that final emotional manipulation involving daddy. Then Rachel just gave up.

I’m not overblowing anything, I’m just listing some of Rachel’s actual on panel feats. What’s actually happening here is you’re trying your hardest to downplay them, and doing a pretty terrible job of it imo. Just accept it and move on.

Read this scan again that Exodus Cloak posted:

Emma: "Whatever you believe, Marvel Girl, whatever your future may hold, you are not my equal." What Emma is saying here is Rachel will never be her equal. That means even if Rachel trained, Emma will always be her better. This does not bode well for your argument of Rachel having more raw power than Emma, but only losing because the White Queen has superior will, skill, and experience.
    Except that’s not what she said. She said it in the present tense, she never said never.

Rachel has limitless potential, Emma doesn’t. That’s established canon. Emma may be conceited but she’s not stupid.

Judging from the astonishing annual I’d say Xavier or X is back at the top as far as telepaths go. In XMR Jean said she no longer has the constraints the PF put on her powers out of fear so I thought it was leaning towards her, but after X mindwiped her and the rest of the remaining O5 like it was cake, I’d say X is definitely the most powerful telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Judging from the astonishing annual I’d say Xavier or X is back at the top as far as telepaths go. In XMR Jean said she no longer has the constraints the PF put on her powers out of fear so I thought it was leaning towards her, but after X mindwiped her and the rest of the remaining O5 like it was cake, I’d say X is definitely the most powerful telepath.
    Jean's been dead for 14 years and just returned. That annual probably took place just a few weeks after PR. She hasnt had much chance to train too much and I doubt she's had to face off against many if any villians in this time. She's definitely not at her peak which would explain why she'd be rusty. She did say in Red that she's not going to hold herself back anymore but that doesnt mean she's automatically going to be at the top of her game

Um, didn't X like, just get resurrected too, immediately before this annual? Besides, wasn't Jean in the White Room as a galactic Phoenix all this time? You'd think she'd be at the zenith of her abilities, especially now that she doesn't have to worry about triggering a fire parrot or whatever. Jean has the molecular TK which is certainly something to be proud of, but Charles is the world's most powerful telepath.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Um, didn't X like, just get resurrected too, immediately before this annual? Besides, wasn't Jean in the White Room as a galactic Phoenix all this time? You'd think she'd be at the zenith of her abilities, especially now that she doesn't have to worry about triggering a fire parrot or whatever. Jean has the molecular TK which is certainly something to be proud of, but Charles is the world's most powerful telepath.
    He hasnt been dead as long and he's been fighting Shadow King on the astral room for a while. His mental skills havent taken a break. Jean's has. Its like a coma patient that wakes up years later and has trouble walking bc their muscles havent been used.

As far as Jean being in the WHR as a galactic Phoenix, there's nothing to suggest that she has. That was something Endsong introduced but that plot was long abandoned and since retconned. We saw her as a ghost in the JG solo and was resurrected by the Phoenix in Endsong with none of those memories

Actually, there were many allusions to Jean during the time she was dead which would indicate she was active in the White Hot Room and still active as a mind.

Still, even if she wasn't, X still mindwiped her without her even noticing. That makes him #1 as per the most current canon. Even Cassandra Nova is ahead of her in Red so far, so obviously she's not on top of her telepathic game at the moment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's been dead for 14 years and just returned. That annual probably took place just a few weeks after PR. She hasnt had much chance to train too much and I doubt she's had to face off against many if any villians in this time. She's definitely not at her peak which would explain why she'd be rusty. She did say in Red that she's not going to hold herself back anymore but that doesnt mean she's automatically going to be at the top of her game
    14 yrs our time not their time. And you’ve been reading red, she’s already flexed her muscle a few times there, I wouldn’t call her rusty at all...