View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which original Jean? She channelled the Phoenix reserves there as well in Morrison's run. And Xavier states that in the very issue.

And they were more evenly compared in this arc. Yet Emma's was indirect and Jeans response was direct.

the one in Morrison's run. Thats OG Jean. My point was that you said she differentiates between the copy. Well she tussled with both and it didnt turn out well for her either time. There wasnt really much difference between the two except OG Jean had more restraint and wasnt trying to kill or do major harm to Emma

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but the original Jean psychically schooled her too. She could have put her in a coma too had she been more vicious
    That was retconned into not being Jean, but the Phoenix Force using a part of Jean's soul to mimick her personality, appearance, etc.

the one in Morrison's run. Thats OG Jean. My point was that you said she differentiates between the copy. Well she tussled with both and it didnt turn out well for her either time. There wasnt really much difference between the two except OG Jean had more restraint and wasnt trying to kill or do major harm to Emma
    The Emma vs. Jean confrontation that happened during Morrison's run doesn't count since Jean was hosting the Phoenix Force at that time.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-23-2018 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

It looks like Xavier overpowered Phoenix Rachel in psi-combat here:
    https://imgur.com/a/f98dx

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That was retconned into not being Jean, but the Phoenix Force using a part of Jean's soul to mimick her personality, appearance, etc.
    No it wasnt. That was in the 70s. The original Jean is the character that was present in New X-men in the early 00s

BANNED

No it wasnt. That was in the 70s. The original Jean is the character that was present in New X-men in the early 00s
    Well, I'm not getting into this discussion. I've already done the Emma vs. Jean thing in this thread.

Well she had the Phoenix Force in Morrison's run.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Emma's telepathy has mass global reach too. She isolated all the mutants from humans to project Scott's message.

All 8 billion Emma scanned were tortured. It's not the same thing. It really isn't. No they weren't xeroxes read the story. They were the full minds of the hecatomb. Again read the story 8 billion minds that were absorbed fully into rogue due to the virus that upgraded her power. Not glimmers but full minds. Each and everyone tortured for decades and Emma scanned them quicker then Rachel.

She did not and I'm tired of hearing that perspective pushed by you. That's not what the scan said, implied, or stated. Scott said he was sending his message to all 200 mutants left in the world. That is completely different from Emma "isolating all the mutants from humans" or "sifting through billions of minds to find mutant minds" nor is that what the comic showed. I don't doubt Emma is capable of sending a message to every one in the world, but that isn't what's stated in fact she states: "Good now breathe deep...I'm farcasting your thoughts now to every mutant we have on file. The entire MUTANT world can hear you now".

And no I don't need to see a panel, I've read the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She did not and I'm tired of hearing that perspective pushed by you. That's not what the scan said, implied, or stated. Scott said he was sending his message to all 200 mutants left in the world. That is completely different from Emma "isolating all the mutants from humans" or "sifting through billions of minds to find mutant minds" nor is that what the comic showed. I don't doubt Emma is capable of sending a message to every one in the world, but that isn't what's stated in fact she states: "Good now breathe deep...I'm farcasting your thoughts now to every mutant we have on file. The entire MUTANT world can hear you now".

And no I don't need to see a panel, I've read the issue.
    The entire mutant world can hear you. A message that is global reaching as mutants were scattered all over the world. And two a message specific to mutants and not heard by humans.

In order to send a message to those 200 scattered around the world it has to be farcasted and it has to be specific. So yeah she has to isolate those 200 people to send them that message I don't see what the problem is here. She would not have known a lot of those people's locations on the fly anyway

"Psychic broadcast of this magnitude".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.

The entire mutant world can hear you. A message that is global reaching as mutants were scattered all over the world. And two a message specific to mutants and not heard by humans.

In order to send a message to those 200 scattered around the world it has to be farcasted and it has to be specific. So yeah she has to isolate those 200 people to send them that message I don't see what the problem is here. She would not have known a lot of those people's locations on the fly anyway
    But that's not what the actual comic states, that your opinion.

Also it wasn't on the fly, she had prep, she literally states she's sending the message DIRECTLY to every mutant they had on file she knew before she sent his message exactly where it was going. Let's remember the context she was sending the message to every MUTANT left in the world...there were only 200!

For clarity's sake:

But that's not what the actual comic states, that your opinion.

Also it wasn't on the fly, she had prep, she literally states she's sending the message DIRECTLY to every mutant they had on file she knew before she sent his message exactly where it was going. Let's remember the context she was sending the message to every MUTANT left in the world...there were only 200!
    It's a global broadcast. And they're scattered over the world. And it was mutant specific. So she targeted 200 mutants scattered over the world. Who are constantly moving they're not static. They were broadcasting to every mutant friend and foe that includes Selena, Exodus etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a global broadcast. And they're scattered over the world. Mutants are constantly moving they're not static. They were broadcasting to every mutant friend and foe that includes Selena, Exodus etc
    Didn't say it wasn't global, what I said was the message was only sent to 200 mutants which the scans support and state. What I'm disputing is you're claim she needed to sift through billions of minds when she states right before the message is sent that it's going to all 200 mutants they had on file. That's also ignoring many of the mutant that were in close proximity.

It's a global broadcast. And they're scattered over the world. And it was mutant specific. So she targeted 200 mutants scattered over the world. Who are constantly moving they're not static. They were broadcasting to every mutant friend and foe that includes Selena, Exodus etc
    Read you own scan it's literally states at the the bottom both every mutant in the world and EVERY MUTANT WE HAVE ON FILE....

EDIT: you're also changing the goalpost the discussion was never about whether it was global it was YOUR assertion that she needed to sift through minds which is NOT stated.

Didn't say it wasn't global, what I said was the message was only sent to 200 mutants which the scans support and state. What I'm disputing is you're claim she needed to sift through billions of minds when she states right before the message is sent that it's going to all 200 mutants they had on file. That's also ignoring many of the mutant that were in close proximity.
    Not all were in close proximity. I'm saying she had to locate 200 mutants who were scattered throughout the world. Some who were teleporters and some moving. So yes she had to make the message specific to those 200 scattered around the world

Read you own scan it's literally states at the the bottom both every mutant in the world and EVERY MUTANT WE HAVE ON FILE....
    And listen to logic she does not know their current location. They're referring to the 198 files. It's still a mutant specific message with 200 of them scattered across the world.

Not all were in close proximity. I'm saying she had to locate 200 mutants who were scattered throughout the world. Some who were teleporters and some moving. So yes she had to make the message specific to those 200 scattered around the world

Again not stated, that's your opinion, heck there's a list of the 200 mutants.