View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish Legion was around when they fought Onslaught. That would've settled if the son or the father was stronger.

Yeah, Legion at the top of his powers is more powerful than Xavier...if you believe this scan.
    RCO008_1468804222.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

that image is so tiny, I cant read any of the text

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She actually just controlled certain people on the planet, who controlled the governments of the planet...if I remember correctly.

She says so in the book. Though for some reason people always miss that.
    She also influenced the Avengers to come to her ship, and be abducted from another galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She also influenced the Avengers to come to her ship, and be abducted from another galaxy.
    That part is true. That's something only Xaiver has done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If we're talking skilled, then yes Jean, Emma, Psylocke, Xavier and tons of others are oodles better, but brute strength, raw psionic power? Heeeeeell no. Legion. It's like kantana versus a steamroller lol. And the New Mutants did not "beat him", subdued him, perhaps, either way thats NOT what we're talking about (and if your saying that, then your saying the New Mutants did what both teams of X-Men couldn't do... your not saying that, are you?), you cant say "Jean's wasn't at her best" but claim "The New Mutants beat Legion" (at what btw?). And I told you how what Blindfold did, she kissed him to make him drop his guard and subdued him. Rogue... your talking about one-touch KO. If thats the case then Rogue kills the whole Marvel universe. I'm talking about being telepathically overpowered and beaten in a frontal battle. You can't go back and say "Jean wasn't at her best". It was the 90s. Why was Jean not at her best, all of a sudden? You mean not using the Phoenix Force? That would be an outside buff, and I pointed that out in my first post. Jean lost. She lost! Your retroactively looking at that through a lens of nonbelief to make it fit your argument. She lost, dangit. Alongside a half dozen other X-Men, left half buried in the desert and relieved of her wits. She woke up screaming "LEGION!". C'mon man... your splitting hairs. Now.

Me win, me win!! Legion! Legion! lol
    Jean wasn't at her best in the early 90s,because it has been stated on panel that she was holding back her powers because she was scared and because others like Scott were Scott were scared her becoming the Phoenix.

Don't know about him being stronger than current Jean, that could be possible. She hasn't really done much, compared to Xavier and Shadow King

But I'm curious about him being stronger than Xavier, since I believe Xavier is the Top X-telepath, and has numerous feats to back it up.
    What are Legions telepathy feats? I know he's powerful because he has multiple personalitys that have different powers, but can't remember much of his telepathy feats. Does he scan planets and galaxies like Xavier? Fight cosmic beings? Etc

Same goes for Franklin Richards, he's a powerful Reality Warper, but he keeps being listed as a powerful Telepath, but I've never seen his telepathy feats.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That part is true. That's something only Xaiver has done in the past.
    Hasn't Rachel used Telepathy Form across the Galaxy/universe? I think Jean has astral projected (accidentally) to another universe (heroes reborn), and sensed a battle happening in Asgard (another dimension) from Earth.
    I think Space book Telepaths like Cosmo, Moondragon do this casually (there was a new Telepath introduced in Countdown to infinity, she wasn't omega level or anything special, had no training and was already sending out messages across light-years to drax)

O5 Xavier has a feat from Xmen Blue, sending messages through time to current magneto (he was favoured by the future Brotherhood and I think they were suppressing his power).

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hasn't Rachel used Telepathy Form across the Galaxy/universe? I think Jean has astral projected (accidentally) to another universe (heroes reborn), and sensed a battle happening in Asgard (another dimension) from Earth.
    I think Space book Telepaths like Cosmo, Moondragon do this casually (there was a new Telepath introduced in Countdown to infinity, she wasn't omega level or anything special, had no training and was already sending out messages across light-years to drax)

O5 Xavier has a feat from Xmen Blue, sending messages through time to current magneto (he was favoured by the future Brotherhood and I think they were suppressing his power).
    Forgot about Rachel doing that and you just shown how overpowered telepaths have become.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Jean wasn't at her best in the early 90s,because it has been stated on panel that she was holding back her powers because she was scared and because others like Scott were Scott were scared her becoming the Phoenix.

Don't know about him being stronger than current Jean, that could be possible. She hasn't really done much, compared to Xavier and Shadow King

But I'm curious about him being stronger than Xavier, since I believe Xavier is the Top X-telepath, and has numerous feats to back it up.
    What are Legions telepathy feats? I know he's powerful because he has multiple personalitys that have different powers, but can't remember much of his telepathy feats. Does he scan planets and galaxies like Xavier? Fight cosmic beings? Etc

Same goes for Franklin Richards, he's a powerful Reality Warper, but he keeps being listed as a powerful Telepath, but I've never seen his telepathy feats.
    What telepathic feat has Legion done...? Really? Did anyone read X-Men Legacy? Legion Quest? Don't you think that if Xavier or Jean could just shut him down, they would have? But I'll go with something everyone read. Legion, David Haller, while in one of his fits rewrote the minds of everyone on Utopia, essentially installing brand new personailities into their bodies including seasoned telepaths like Psylock and Rachel. The ones that he (or better said, one of his personalities, that being a shard of his power) couldn't control he locked away and blocked them from using their powers (Emma, Cuckoos etc), another telepathic skill by itself. He did this with dozens of people and maintained it for what seemed like weeks. Not just personailities, but he rewrote their memories so completely, they all 2nd lives.

And about Jean... ok, lets say she was holding (I think that's overstated), she still got dominated by Legion WITH help. So if she'd let go, what? She might have been able to keep up with him? Legion used his mind to punch a hole in time... The only other person I'd say could hang with Legion in terms of pure psionic power IMO are X-Man, Franklin Richards (of course), and Quinton Quire (not anymore).

But that's on pure power. I dont think thats all that count though. Let's revisit my "Sword vs Steamroller" analogy. Head to head, in an ally, the person with the sword has no freaking chance. Legion is the steamroller, and the sword is just about everyone else. However, why would anyone box themself in? If I had a sword and had to fight someone on a steamroller, I'd win. I don't have to fight head-on. That'd be suicide. I can run circles around a steamroller, literally. Its slow and inflexible. I can cut a fuel line, screw up a regulator, kill the operator. Or just run around until it runs out of juice. This is how Legion would loose, assuming the person he's fighting could last long enough to take advantage of his inexperience.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true

Fair enough. All the times I've seen her use tp, she's literally had to put her hands on the other persons head. I'm an M fan, so I'm happy to be proved wrong!

What telepathic feat has Legion done...? Really? Did anyone read X-Men Legacy? Legion Quest? Don't you think that if Xavier or Jean could just shut him down, they would have? But I'll go with something everyone read. Legion, David Haller, while in one of his fits rewrote the minds of everyone on Utopia, essentially installing brand new personailities into their bodies including seasoned telepaths like Psylock and Rachel. The ones that he (or better said, one of his personalities, that being a shard of his power) couldn't control he locked away and blocked them from using their powers (Emma, Cuckoos etc), another telepathic skill by itself. He did this with dozens of people and maintained it for what seemed like weeks. Not just personailities, but he rewrote their memories so completely, they all 2nd lives.

And about Jean... ok, lets say she was holding (I think that's overstated), she still got dominated by Legion WITH help. So if she'd let go, what? She might have been able to keep up with him? Legion used his mind to punch a hole in time... The only other person I'd say could hang with Legion in terms of pure psionic power IMO are X-Man, Franklin Richards (of course), and Quinton Quire (not anymore).

But that's on pure power. I dont think thats all that count though. Let's revisit my "Sword vs Steamroller" analogy. Head to head, in an ally, the person with the sword has no freaking chance. Legion is the steamroller, and the sword is just about everyone else. However, why would anyone box themself in? If I had a sword and had to fight someone on a steamroller, I'd win. I don't have to fight head-on. That'd be suicide. I can run circles around a steamroller, literally. Its slow and inflexible. I can cut a fuel line, screw up a regulator, kill the operator. Or just run around until it runs out of juice. This is how Legion would loose, assuming the person he's fighting could last long enough to take advantage of his inexperience.
    The Cuckoos and a depowered Emma exploded his brain

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Cuckoos and a depowered Emma exploded his brain
    That sounds familiar... that was in Legacy, and I don't think it worked? Because David ended up challenging Cyclops to a fist fight. But that works with my analogy. Emma guided them and showed them how. Otherwise they would have been overwhelmed. Not to mention, thats FOUR minds.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

That sounds familiar... that was in Legacy, and I don't think it worked? Because David ended up challenging Cyclops to a fist fight. But that works with my analogy. Emma guided them and showed them how. Otherwise they would have been overwhelmed. Not to mention, thats FOUR minds.
    Nope it worked he was lying on the ground drooling. Emma had none of powers and used the Cuckoo's. So that's three. But remember Emma has floored the Cuckoo's in warsong and separated all 3 despite them trying to fight back. And then took control of 1000 of them

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nope it worked he was lying on the ground drooling. Emma had none of powers and used the Cuckoo's. So that's three. But remember Emma has floored the Cuckoo's in warsong and separated all 3 despite them trying to fight back. And then took control of 1000 of them
    No... that's still four minds. Emma combined her experience with their power.
    Guild Member

No... that's still four minds. Emma combined her experience with their power.
    Emma could have done it by herself had she been powered. That's what I'm insinuating. Conversely they didn't think they could take the Skrulls telepath trained by Xavier with a depowered Emma and 3 Cuckoo's