View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It really doesn't make sense for Jean to be anywhere near the front in this poll given the showings of other candidates like Shadow King, Xavier, Emma, Legion, X-Man, Cassandra Nova, and Exodus. I think people are either using Phoenix Force feats to boost Jean's position in this ranking, or they are simply voting their favorite character. In other words, the results could only reflect who'd win in a popularity contest on the CBR boards between the listed telepaths.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

I voted Cassandra Nova because I think Charles is the strongest mind in the Galaxy and she has the full potential of the DNA of Charles as her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense for Jean to be anywhere near the front in this poll given the showings of other candidates like Shadow King, Xavier, Emma, Legion, X-Man, Cassandra Nova, and Exodus. I think people are either using Phoenix Force feats to boost Jean's position in this ranking, or they are simply voting their favorite character. In other words, the results could only reflect who'd win in a popularity contest on the CBR boards between the listed telepaths.
    Perception often means more than reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I voted Cassandra Nova because I think Charles is the strongest mind in the Galaxy and she has the full potential of the DNA of Charles as her powers.
    No way he's the strongest in the galaxy, that's insane. That's primarily familiarity and Earth bias.
    It's like when people say Adamantium is the strongest metal ever. Yet Wolverine couldn't cut through ROM's armour. Hurt him, but no penetration.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Here Rogue mentions Emma to Exodus as the most powerful tp on Earth

LOL, probably only out of default since Jean and Xavier were dead.

How exactly was Xavier dead??

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    LOL, probably only out of default since Jean and Xavier were dead.
    Except Emma has always been portrayed as more powerful than Xavier.

You can hate Emma Frost all you want, but the facts disagree with you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    How exactly was Xavier dead??
    he wasnt dead but he was depowered. for a few years Sinister, Exodus and Emma were the strongest telepaths.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    No way he's the strongest in the galaxy, that's insane. That's primarily familiarity and Earth bias.
    It's like when people say Adamantium is the strongest metal ever. Yet Wolverine couldn't cut through ROM's armour. Hurt him, but no penetration.
    Cassandra Nova commited genocide in the Shi Ar Empire and beat the Imperial Guard all by herself, she also beat Jean and Xavier (and Scott and Logan) in her first appearance.

he wasnt dead but he was depowered. for a few years Sinister, Exodus and Emma were the strongest telepaths.
    I don’t care for your “but”, he wasn’t DEAD. Do not test my patience!

BANNED

Cassandra Nova commited genocide in the Shi Ar Empire and beat the Imperial Guard all by herself, she also beat Jean and Xavier (and Scott and Logan) in her first appearance.

That's due to them Pushing her. When Sinister first came on the Scene, He manhandled the X-men and X-force solo. Now Mystique Chumps him regularly. Ms. Sinister came out strong and chumped Xavier. a little while ago, she got chumped by a Reaver, who got chumped by Psylocke, who got Chumped by a NO-NAME villain, who also chumped Cable. See where I'm going?

That STILL makes neither the strongest in the Galaxy. It makes them the strongest in that story. Hell the Phoenix Force once got chumped. /shrug.

EVERYBODY can get chumped.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel has the most potential and Emma already admitted that Rachel was more powerful than her.

With her recent upgrades and Cassandra Nova molding her, and her no longer running from her power as a Hound, Rachel will be able to equally stand with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel has the most potential and Emma already admitted that Rachel was more powerful than her.

With her recent upgrades and Cassandra Nova molding her, and her no longer running from her power as a Hound, Rachel will be able to equally stand with Jean.
    Emma admitted she had more potential strength, but if Rachel's theme of constantly getting dominated, especially by someone like Mesmero, then it's clear that she's nowhere near the likes of Jean or Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma admitted she had more potential strength, but if Rachel's theme of constantly getting dominated, especially by someone like Mesmero, then it's clear that she's nowhere near the likes of Jean or Emma.
    Yeah. Emma admitted that Rachel had more raw power but lacked the skill and finesse which is why Emma was able to defeat her. Rachel hasnt really shown that she's improved all that much since then. She has alot of power but fails to use it effectively

I loved E is for Extinction. Cassandra Nova was pretty creepy. That combined with the new cinematic, dark tone of the book really sold itself. I wasn't too thrilled with Frank Quitely's rendition of Jean in his first issue, but his storytelling abilities were good. One thing I'm grateful for from Morrison is that he was very creative in the various uses of telepathic abilities. He had Charles, Jean, Emma, and the Stepford Cuckoos all in one book and yet no one felt redundant.

And yes, the strength of will, skill, and finesse are important regarding telepaths.