View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Professor X and if you don't like my reply you can meet me outside.

Where I'll give you $5 to change your mind...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I would say something like:

Xavier >= Jean (And the other way around).

Those two will always be the top 2 for me when alive, after them I would say Emma, Rachel and Cassie, in no particular order but I would rate Emma as the highest because I want to.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I would say something like:

Xavier >= Jean (And the other way around).

Those two will always be the top 2 for me when alive, after them I would say Emma, Rachel and Cassie, in no particular order but I would rate Emma as the highest because I want to.
    I always saw Emma as crafty with her powers, but no more powerful than maybe Psylocke. I'd say Rachel is more powerful than both though if we're just talking about sheer power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Xavier is the most powerful telepath on the planet according to Marvel and pretty much every other piece of media he's appeared in.
    Not in the movies. Jean was clearly more powerful in X3 and X-men: Apocalypse.

I always saw Emma as crafty with her powers, but no more powerful than maybe Psylocke. I'd say Rachel is more powerful than both though if we're just talking about sheer power.
    Psylocke is not strong. Even Sinister did not consider her among the top 5. It was Xavier, Jean, Emma, Exodus and himself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Xavier and Cassandra at the top.

Jean and Emma below them.

Rachel, QQ and the Cuckoos below them.

Apparently Cable's telepathy is back at a level where he can use Cerebro? Bruh, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Storm. She can manipulate the air into people's brains.
    I can't believe you've done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Queen Jean

This is from the first issue of Wolverine I ever read. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Psylocke is not strong. Even Sinister did not consider her among the top 5. It was Xavier, Jean, Emma, Exodus and himself.
    Well Sinister or whoever wrote that don't know what they're talking about. Psylocke is pretty powerful, didn't she defeat Shadow King(who's pretty much on Xavier's level)?

Well Sinister or whoever wrote that don't know what they're talking about. Psylocke is pretty powerful, didn't she defeat Shadow King(who's pretty much on Xavier's level)?
    So did Rogue..*yawn*

Y'all are caping for Psy a little too much.....she isn't as good a telepath as Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    So did Rogue..*yawn*
    Well... Rogue is pretty powerful too lol. Has Emma ever defeated Shadow King? Look, I can tell by your username and avatar that you're big Emma fan so don't take my responses as some sorta slight against the character.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll have to re-read the books but I think Betsy lost to Shadow King in Remender's X-Force.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

My list would look like this:
    Xavier he's powerful, and crazy skilled. May not have the raw power of Jean, but is willing to make morally or ethically dark choices to win that Jean hasn't shown to do ..... yet
    Jean = Cassie Nova. I put these two together as they are both extremely powerful and talented. Where Jean has more raw power potential to draw from than Cassie, she is limited in her skill as Cassie is willing to utilize all of her skills and abilities in a fight.
    Shadow King - Highly skilled and powerful, just not at the level of Jean or Cassie.
    Emma - Emma's strengths lie in that she is EXTREMELY skilled as a telepath and is willing to push herself (and others) to their limits. She's willing to use everything in her arsenal and cross the line when necessary. While she doesn't have the raw power that Jean or Rachel does, her knowledge and skill surmounts them in some ways.
    Exodus - Exodus is very powerful (thanks Poccy) and has shown to be very skilled. But his power levels don't match Emma's tenacity and skill.
    Rachel - Rachel has near limitless potential and power. She is highly trained and skilled, but you would never know it due to the continued dumbing down of her abilities by writers to fit narratives or storylines. If she were allowed to grow or become more skilled, she would give Emma a run for her money. But not now.
    Psylocke - Psylocke has extremely skilled and was given a power upgrade during the X-Force run. But she is more niche in her abilities and while strong and a big threat, she ranks lower than some of the other X-women telepaths.
    Quentin - He's "omega", so raw power is crazy. But he lacks skill, patience, and strength.
    Cuckoos - They don't have the skills individually or as a group to rank higher. They could use more training from their mother.
    Cable = X-Man - Both have had bouts of "god-like" power, but they have been downgraded significantly.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 07-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Xavier on a base day to day level, but Jean has the highest peak

She tricked him. She used her smarts to defeat him, not her raw TP power. Xavier himself, wasnt too impressed with Betsy as a telepath

Definitely Xavier, Jean, and Cassandra and Emma
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer