View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

x men red prooved that jean is
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She tricked him. She used her smarts to defeat him, not her raw TP power. Xavier himself, wasnt too impressed with Betsy as a telepath

I think this takes place before Psylocke gained her full power back from Kwannon.

Also...lol, at Warren and Bishop throwing shade
    E.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think this takes place before Psylocke gained her full power back from Kwannon.

Also...lol, at Warren and Bishop throwing shade
    E.
    Jean herself has grown considerably since then as well. Xavier's comments were kind of silly though as Jean had only had her TP back for a few months and hasnt had them since she was put at the bottom of Jamaica Bay way back in UXM 101. You'd expect her to be a bit rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    My list would look like this:
    Xavier he's powerful, and crazy skilled. May not have the raw power of Jean, but is willing to make morally or ethically dark choices to win that Jean hasn't shown to do ..... yet
    Jean = Cassie Nova. I put these two together as they are both extremely powerful and talented. Where Jean has more raw power potential to draw from than Cassie, she is limited in her skill as Cassie is willing to utilize all of her skills and abilities in a fight.
    Shadow King - Highly skilled and powerful, just not at the level of Jean or Cassie.
    Emma - Emma's strengths lie in that she is EXTREMELY skilled as a telepath and is willing to push herself (and others) to their limits. She's willing to use everything in her arsenal and cross the line when necessary. While she doesn't have the raw power that Jean or Rachel does, her knowledge and skill surmounts them in some ways.
    Exodus - Exodus is very powerful (thanks Poccy) and has shown to be very skilled. But his power levels don't match Emma's tenacity and skill.
    Rachel - Rachel has near limitless potential and power. She is highly trained and skilled, but you would never know it due to the continued dumbing down of her abilities by writers to fit narratives or storylines. If she were allowed to grow or become more skilled, she would give Emma a run for her money. But not now.
    Psylocke - Psylocke has extremely skilled and was given a power upgrade during the X-Force run. But she is more niche in her abilities and while strong and a big threat, she ranks lower than some of the other X-women telepaths.
    Quentin - He's "omega", so raw power is crazy. But he lacks skill, patience, and strength.
    Cuckoos - They don't have the skills individually or as a group to rank higher. They could use more training from their mother.
    Cable = X-Man - Both have had bouts of "god-like" power, but they have been downgraded significantly.
    Yes, yes, I love Emma's description.

I think I would put the Cuckoos higher though. Jean said that the Cuckoos are highly trained telepaths and very skilled.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Limiting it to characters within the X-family:
    Whomever wields the Phoenix Force>Nathan Grey (before depowering)>Onslaught>Professor X>Cassandra Nova>Jean Grey(non-Phoenix Force)>Rachel>Shadow King> Emma

Outside of the X-Men:
    Whomever possesses the Mind Infinity Stone>Adult Franklin Richards>Galactus>Most Celestials>various other high level cosmic characters>Sentry>Moon Dragon
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-10-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Moondragon without the mind gem or the dragon of the moons influence/boost is nothing to shout about

And the Cuckoo's duped Phoenix Jean, Xavier and Emma and we're superior to Psylocke in Dark Reign - X-Men the list

It's going to be Cassandra Nova and Xavier as top tier
    Emma was cited as the most powerful telepath on the planet in front of Exodus when Xavier was depowered in Carey's X-Men annual 2007

Tier one
    Cassandra Nova & Xavier
    Tier 2
    Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Exodus, Mr Sinister, Claudine
    Tier 3
    Cuckoo's, Kid Omega, Rachel, Cosmo, Oracle
    Tier 4
    Psylocke
    Tier 5
    Martha

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I think I would put the Cuckoos higher though. Jean said that the Cuckoos are highly trained telepaths and very skilled.
    AE03286F-7F64-4765-9F86-E6B96919AC32.jpg
    The Cuckoos didn’t even last long at all, in the end it was Jean vs Jean.

One Cuckoo duped Exodus too in Austen's run

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She tricked him. She used her smarts to defeat him, not her raw TP power. Xavier himself, wasnt too impressed with Betsy as a telepath

This is from 30 years ago, the Professor had only met Psylocke around 3 times so of course he’s going to prefer Jean.
    Are we doing this for who is most powerful in 1991 or now? Because if now, your picture is moot.

The answer is Exodus. I would like to see Jean battle him. She failed misberaly in Blood Ties.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Moondragon without the mind gem or the dragon of the moons influence/boost is nothing to shout about

And the Cuckoo's duped Phoenix Jean, Xavier and Emma and we're superior to Psylocke in Dark Reign - X-Men the list

It's going to be Cassandra Nova and Xavier as top tier
    Emma was cited as the most powerful telepath on the planet in front of Exodus when Xavier was depowered in Carey's X-Men annual 2007

Tier one
    Cassandra Nova & Xavier
    Tier 2
    Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Exodus, Mr Sinister, Claudine
    Tier 3
    Cuckoo's, Kid Omega, Rachel, Cosmo, Oracle
    Tier 4
    Psylocke
    Tier 5
    Martha
    I can agree with this list.

The Cuckoo's also broke Cassandra Novas influence on Beast in Morrison's X-Men, they got better and wiped out Kid Omega in an anthology issue with little strain.

I think to qualify for a tier list, you should have at least 3-5 world class feats.
    Xavier, Jean, Exodus, Emma, Psylocke, Rachel, all qualify for this.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Cuckoo's also broke Cassandra Novas influence on Beast in Morrison's X-Men, they got better and wiped out Kid Omega in an anthology issue with little strain.
    They needed all five sisters + kick to take down Quentin.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    They needed all five sisters + kick to take down Quentin.
    3 took him out in a single panel in Nation X or whatever issue he attacked Martha

Yes, they broke through his trick with ease.