View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    look what I came across

..close thread
    but... what does this have to do with "who is the top telepath"

I’ll be completely honest, I haven’t read like 90% of this thread because it’s too long and subjective but I just wanted to throw this into the evidence box (someone else probably already posted it but meh).

52490203-CC5C-4364-BF58-64E87F3D0D1A.jpg

I’m sure there’s a million scans out there to argue which telepath is the best but I always remember this one because of how snarky Emma is... lol.

(I’m
    Guessing this will be discounted because it’s “Phoenix and not jean”... but was jean actually possessed at the time or just displaying Phoenix level powers on her ownB)
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    but... what does this have to do with "who is the top telepath"
    when Jean says:

"Storm, Charles Xavier is the most powerful telepath on earth..."
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when Jean says:

"Storm, Charles Xavier is the most powerful telepath on earth..."
    Oh, well that's true. the X-men annual just proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’ll be completely honest, I haven’t read like 90% of this thread because it’s too long and subjective but I just wanted to throw this into the evidence box (someone else probably already posted it but meh).

I’m sure there’s a million scans out there to argue which telepath is the best but I always remember this one because of how snarky Emma is... lol.

(I’m
    Guessing this will be discounted because it’s “Phoenix and not jean”... but was jean actually possessed at the time or just displaying Phoenix level powers on her ownB)
    seems like Phoenix jean to me...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Oh, well that's true. the X-men annual just proves it.
    it proves what has been established canon since the 60s. I'm not sure how this was ever honestly even a debate. I cant count how many scans that state Xavier is the most powerful telepath on the planet. but now im curious to see how many I can actually find.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-22-2018 at 10:48 PM.

(I’m
    she was phoenix then, I think it's referringto when they fought in Phoenix saga

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'd say you're correct in the way you took it to mean. Xavier said he could sense Jean fighting against her Phoenix self. Notice the wording, he could "sense". If Phoenix Jean were adding her psi-powers to his powers, he would have more than just a mere "sense" of that happening. He would feel her powers boosting his own. It's a reach on the other side to try and claim that Jean's persona was doing anything in this fight other than trying to temper the power of Dark Phoenix with her humanity, which had been the restraint on Phoenix's power up until Mastermind played his mind games.
    I'm not sure that I understand the point. If the retcon holds that Phoenix/Dark Phoenix were never actually Jean to begin with, but the PF masquerading as Jean -- a split personality in a sense -- then what Xavier sensed was the PF reasserting its Jean persona mask. The actual Jean was comatose and unaware in a cocoon at the bottom of a river.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not sure that I understand the point. If the retcon holds that Phoenix/Dark Phoenix were never actually Jean to begin with, but the PF masquerading as Jean -- a split personality in a sense -- then what Xavier sensed was the PF reasserting its Jean persona mask. The actual Jean was comatose and unaware in a cocoon at the bottom of a river.
    I think a part of Jean's soul was inside the Phoenix Force or something like that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think a part of Jean's soul was inside the Phoenix Force or something like that.
    Well, the PF had borrowed a part of Jean's psyche as an imprint, but that's still not Jean. It reads more like pattern mimicry, not co-option and certainly not authentically Jean. This is just my opinion, but I think we have to keep the PF/DF entirely separate in terms of feats from Jean. At least until they retcon the retcon.

I think this weeks Mystery in Madripoor proved Psylocke is the world’s premier telepath.
    Jean Grey 2nd, Mesmero 3rd, Exodus 4th.

Then Nova & Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    I think this weeks Mystery in Madripoor proved Psylocke is the world’s premier telepath.
    Jean Grey 2nd, Mesmero 3rd, Exodus 4th.

Then Nova & Emma.
    How? What did she do that was so special as a telepath?

(I’m
    She goes on to say that it was the Phoenix not Jean that did that. There's a difference. As in she distinguishes between the Phoenix copy and Jean in that story

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She goes on to say that it was the Phoenix not Jean that did that. There's a difference. As in she distinguishes between the Phoenix copy and Jean in that story
    but the original Jean psychically schooled her too. She could have put her in a coma too had she been more vicious

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but the original Jean psychically schooled her too. She could have put her in a coma too had she been more vicious
    Which original Jean? She channelled the Phoenix reserves there as well in Morrison's run. And Xavier states that in the very issue.

And they were more evenly compared in this arc. Yet Emma's was indirect and Jeans response was direct.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 05:40 PM.