View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And listen to logic she does not know their current location. They're referring to the 198 files. It's still a mutant specific message with 200 of them scattered across the world.
    She states that the message is literally going to every mutant they had on file, why would she need specification about something she already knew?

And listen to logic she does not know their current location. They're referring to the 198 files. It's still a mutant specific message with 200 of them scattered across the world.
    And this is my point she was sending a specific message around the world to 200 mutant she knew the location of based on her own statement. I'm not implying or rationalizing anything this was a message for ONLY the mutants left in the world, there were only 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And this is my point she was sending a specific message around the world to 200 mutant she knew the location of based on her own statement. I'm not implying or rationalizing anything this was a message for ONLY the mutants left in the world, there were only 200.
    Mutants move. Even if she used Cerebro to locate each one with prep as you allege before the message. They are moving.

She knew their names based on their files. It does not state she knew their location. And it wouldn't make a difference as teleporters like Vought and Exodus move

Mutants move. Even if she used Cerebro to locate each one with prep as you allege before the message. They are moving.

She knew their names based on their files. It does not state she knew their location. And it wouldn't make a difference as teleporters like Vought and Exodus move

Again not stated, she says she's sending the message to every mutant they have on file, not name but by location given the context of what they were doing. Besides it was a passive message welcoming all two hundred of them to San Francisco. Also I again never stated she used Cerebro, what I said was Emma Frost stated that she was directing Scott's message to every current mutant they as in the X-men had on file. Anything else is conjecture on your part and is not supported in any of your scans. Yes, there are mutant teleporters but when has that ever stopped them from being found, or made it harder to detect them save for in X-men 2...a film?

EDIT: Who doesn't move, there are fliers, they also use vehicles and airplanes, and travel to other dimensions and that too is inconsequential to the discussion at hand.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 08-23-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Again not stated, she says she's sending the message to every mutant they have on file, not name but by location given the context of what they were doing. Besides it was a passive message welcoming all two hundred of them to San Francisco. Also I again never stated she used Cerebro, what I said was Emma Frost stated that she was directing Scott's message to every current mutant they as in the X-men had on file. Anything else is conjecture on your part and is not supported in any of your scans. Yes, there are mutant teleporters when has that ever stopped them from being found, or made it harder to detect them save for in X-men 2...a film?
    The files they're referring to are the 198 files for names. The 198 files does not have their locations. Even if we go by what you are stating locations change. Between the time she "looked them up" to the time of the broadcast. Hence the teleporter example. From text no that doesn't imply she knows their location that's not stated the ones on file are implied to be name's. She's broadcasting a message to 200 or so specific people. But she doesn't have an immediate location of all 200 when she does it

The files they're referring to are the 198 files for names. The 198 files does not have their locations. And as i stated locations change. Between the time she "looked them up" to the time of the broadcast. Hence the teleporter example. From text no that doesn't imply she knows their location. She's broadcasting a message to 200 or so specific people. But she doesn't have an immediate location of all 200 when she does it
    You do realize in your own scans Scott supports what she said before with the line, "This message is reaching EVERY KNOWN mutant in the world", implying they knew their EXACT locations? That and EVERYONE moves hell Storm has traveled from Wakanda to Los Angeles in record time, what does that have to do with this particular issue? More than that your again moving the discussion this was never about the message it was your assertions on how the message was sent. Which is not supported by any of your own scans, what Scott is doing through Emma is explicitly stated, there is no need to implied anything. Your attempting to add in the opinion that she needed to locate them individually but that not what Emma said she said it was a global message to every known mutant in the world, Scott then supported that statement.

Also just so were clear the NEVER mention the 198 mutants on file, they BOTH state that this is a message for every mutant THEY have on file, and for every KNOWN mutant, so what's there for Emma to search for?

Again not stated, she says she's sending the message to every mutant they have on file, not name but by location given the context of what they were doing. Besides it was a passive message welcoming all two hundred of them to San Francisco. Also I again never stated she used Cerebro, what I said was Emma Frost stated that she was directing Scott's message to every current mutant they as in the X-men had on file. Anything else is conjecture on your part and is not supported in any of your scans. Yes, there are mutant teleporters but when has that ever stopped them from being found, or made it harder to detect them save for in X-men 2...a film?

EDIT: Who doesn't move, there are fliers, they also use vehicles and airplanes, and travel to other dimensions and that too is inconsequential to the discussion at hand.
    It's relevant because because it's one thing to be doing this for a single person. It's another thing to be doing it for people half way across the world with little effort.

You do realize in your own scans Scott supports what she said before with the line, "This message is reaching EVERY KNOWN mutant in the world", implying they knew their EXACT locations? That and EVERYONE moves hell Storm has traveled from Wakanda to Los Angeles in record time, what does that have to do with this particular issue? More than that your again moving the discussion this was never about the message it was your assertions on how the message was sent. Which is not supported by any of your own scans, what Scott is doing through Emma is explicitly stated, there is no need to implied anything. Your attempting to add in the opinion that she needed to locate them individually but that not what Emma said she said it was a global message to every known mutant in the world, Scott then supported that statement.
    No implying they knew the names. The X-Men don't have locations of their enemies. Other their enemies would not be walking free..

How else do you make a global message specific to mutants? If you can't locate them. It's like making a global message specific to red heads. You have to locate them individually.

It's relevant because because it's one thing to be doing this for a single person. It's another thing to be doing it for people half way across the world with little effort.
    Which was never the discussion at hand, I was simply correcting something I've seen you state for YEARS but never took the time to actually verify.

No implying they knew the names. The X-Men don't have locations of their enemies. Other their enemies would not be walking free..

How else do you make a global message specific to mutants? If you can't locate them. It's like making a global message specific to red heads. You have to locate them individually.
    They literally also state its a message to GOOD, BAD, FRIEND, OR FOES. And directly before that states they had everyone on file, and that it was a MUTANT message for every KNOWN mutant in the world...

EDIT: you want it to be names because then Emma sifted through BILLIONS of minds in this case she did not!

They literally also state its a message to GOOD, BAD, FRIEND, OR FOES. And directly before that states they had everyone on file, and that it was a MUTANT message for every KNOWN mutant in the world...
    You haven't answered the question. You're saying it was a passive message to mutants a broadcast that was passive. You're saying she did not locate each one individually to broadcast that message. So how else can you broadcast a specific message to each one individually without making contact to each of those specific people

You haven't answered the question. You're saying it was a passive message to mutants a broadcast that was passive. You're saying she did not locate each one individually to broadcast that message. So how else can you broadcast a specific message to each one individually without making contact to each of those specific people
    According to your own scans, Emma states she was sending her message to the mutants they had on file, Scott then restates this is a message for every known mutant in the world whether they be Good, Bad, Friend, or Foes. Now you answer why would she need to individually sift through billions of minds when they both state countless times it's a message for ONLY MUTANTS?

EDIT: It also wasn't done individually as Scott and Emma state it's to ALL of MUTANTDOM, how'd they know that I wonder?

EDIT: you want it to be names because then Emma sifted through BILLIONS of minds in this case she did not!
    I don't want it to be anything. You're saying my interpretation of the scan is wrong. Emma did not know their immediate locations. Even if you want to say she looked them up before hand they could have moved location or even country by the time of broadcast. But it doesn't state she knew their location. On file only implies the names they have registered

I don't want it to be anything. You're saying my interpretation of the scan is wrong. Emma did not know their immediate locations. Even if you want to say she looked them up before hand they could have moved location or even country by the time of broadcast. But it doesn't state she knew their location. On file only implies the names they have registered

But where is that shown? Your scans says it's to ALL of MUTANTDOM...

Also I didn't say a thing she and Scott did.

According to your own scans, Emma states she was sending her message to the mutants they had on file, Scott then restates this is a message for every known mutant in the world whether they be Good, Bad, Friend, or Foes. Now you answer why would she need to individually sift through billions of minds when they both state countless times it's a message for ONLY MUTANTS?
    Answer the question.

Is she broadcasting to individuals or is she sending a blind message.

If she isn't sending a broad message and as you say she's specifically looking for 200 mutants they have on file then she has to isolate those 200 mutants from the rest of the world as with any filter search.

No youre changing what you said. It's a message for only Mutants they have on file. Meaning it does not reach the ones she does not know about like the unregistered like the first foursaken