View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Answer the question.

Is she broadcasting to individuals or is she sending a blind message.

If she isn't sending a broad message and as you say she's specifically looking for 200 mutants they have on file then she has to isolate those 200 mutants from the rest of the world as with any filter search.

No youre changing what you said. It's a message for only Mutants they have on file. Meaning it does not reach the ones she does not know about
    I'll put it this way and leave it here, Emma literally states: "I'm farcasting your thoughts to every mutant we have on file" not searching, not scans, I'm directly sending your message to the mutants we have on file. Read your own scans, not what you want to see, I've spent this entire time arguing a point forgetting before she sends his message she states EXACTLY where she's sending it and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll put it this way and leave it here, Emma literally states: "I'm farcasting your thoughts to every mutant we have on file" not searching, not scans, I'm directly sending your message to the mutantd we have on file. Read your own scans, not what you want to see, I've spent this entire time argument a point forgetting before she sends his message she states EXACTLY where she's sending it and that's all.
    Read what you just wrote. She's sending it directly to those thoughts of those mutants she has on file. Not the ones she does not have on file. So she has to locate telepathically those 200 or so on file.

That's clear she had to telepathically locate those she had on file to send that message

Read what you just wrote. She's sending it directly to those thoughts of those mutants she has on file. Not the ones she does have on file. So she has to locate telepathically those 200 or so on file.
    Think about what you just wrote, why would she be looking for someone she does not have files on?

Also the fact you bought up Foursaken is almost laugable outside of Claremont whose used or referenced that/him?

Think about what you just wrote, why would she be looking for someone she does not have files on?
    That's what I'm saying. She did not send any message to those Mutants not registered on the X-Mens files

Meaning the message was a global broadcast but specific to those 200 individuals they had on file. Meaning she would have had to telepathically link up with those specific mutants to send that message. And to locate those 200 or so people she would have had to scan and filter for them as any telepath does. If there was a Mutant like the four foursaken they did not get the message

That's what I'm saying. She did not send any message to those Mutants not registered on the X-Mens files

Meaning the message was a global broadcast but specific to those 200 individuals they had on file. If there was a Mutant like the four foursaken they did not get the message
    But what does that have to do with anything, it's just you overblowing an issue to make a point, you started at she was sifting through billions of minds, then moved to mutant teleporters and people who move, now you're talking about unregistered mutants as if that was at all the original point. I was clarifying one point, not the scale, you've moved the goalpost about five or six times to the point where we are talking about First Foursaken as if his been referenced by ANYONE least of all at the time of this comic.

It was a singular message meant for all 200 mutants they currently had on file, and that's exactly where Emma sent Scott's message, he then proceeded to speak to all of mutantdom at once, which are Emma and Scott's words not mine. Regardless we are talking in circles, my original point was it was a message for mutants and that's what the comic states anything else is your opinion.

But what does that have to do with anything, it's just you overblowing an issue to make a point, you started at she was sifting through billions of minds, then moved to mutant teleporters and people who move, now you're talking about unregistered mutants as if that was at all the original point. I was clarifying one point, not the scale, you've moved the goalpost about five or six times to the point where we are talking about First Foursaken as if his been referenced by ANYONE least of all at the time of this comic.

It was a singular message meant for all 200 mutants they currently had on file, and that's exactly where Emma sent Scott's message, he then proceeded to speak to all of mutantdom at once, which are Emma and Scott's words not mine. Regardless we are talking in circles, my original point was it was a message for mutants and that's what the comic states anything else is your opinion.
    I said she scanned through billions of minds in the blinded by the light story arc.

I haven't moved the goal posts at all. You're just misrepresenting I said. If wolverine is in Chinatown and you're telepathically locating him you still have to scan for him in China Town specifically screening out a bunch of people. If Exodus is in Melbourne you still have to do the same thing.

I brought up the first foursaken because they weren't registered on the X-Mens files initially so if there was a mutant she was not looking for they would not have received a message.

But she would have had to screen for those 200 individuals scattered across the world to link up with their minds anyway
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 07:57 PM.

I said she scanned through billions of minds in the blinded by the light story arc.

I haven't moved the goal posts at all. You're just misrepresenting I said. If wolverine is in Chinatown and you're telepathically locating him you still have to scan for him in China Town specifically screening out a bunch of people. If Exodus is in Melbourne you still have to do the same thing.

I brought up the first foursaken because they weren't registered on the X-Mens files initially so if there was a mutant she was not looking for they would not have received a message.

But she would have had to screen for those 200 individuals scattered across the world to link up with their minds anyway
    1. Literally stated that multiple times throughout this discussion...and again in your final point

2. I never brought this up so no idea what you're speaking of

3. "EVERY KNOWN MUTANT" again don't know why were talking about unregistered mutants

4. Not if she had their exact locations which she and Scott directly supports.

1. Literally stated that multiple times throughout this discussion...and again in your final point

2. I never brought this up so no idea what you're speaking of

3. "EVERY KNOWN MUTANT" again don't know why were talking about unregistered mutants

4. Not if she had their exact locations which she and Scott directly supports.
    1. No I didn't. I stated it was a global broadcast and I stated she filtered them out which you seem to agree with as you're not contesting no. 2 that when you scan for someone you have to screen them out if you don't know their exact location down to exact coordinates.

3. We're talking about unregistered mutants to highlight the fact that it was not just a passive broadcast radio message
    That she had to link up with the mutants they had on file. If it was a passive message thrown into the ether then it would not be specific for just registered mutants.

4. No it's not supported at all. And as I stated that doesn't work. As locations change. Even going by your logic by the time she looked it up to the time she broadcasted several locations would have changed

She doesn't have a computer in that scan or files in that scan with their live location. So nope that scan doesn't support that.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 08:17 PM.

So even if it was 200 mutants with their exact locations, she wouldnt have find which ones they were? Do you know of many locations that are completely devoid of humans?

Well, for Loki it seems clear. He has picked Emma for his Cosmic Avengers. I'm looking forward to it.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wonder if Monet is meant to be more skilled than she's perceived to be (she was trained by Emma, after all) but her TP takes a backseat when she's featured because she has so many other abilities (and there are so many other telepaths.)
    honestly i've always thought the same. Its a shame monet has been relegated to lower tier telepath since she was created a decade for before quire, the cuckoos and hellion

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    honestly i've always thought the same. Its a shame monet has been relegated to lower tier telepath since she was created a decade for before quire, the cuckoos and hellion
    Hellion has no telepathic abilities whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Hellion has no telepathic abilities whatsoever.
    Sucks for him and Xavier. everyone else seems to have the 2 abilities together.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-27-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Sucks for him ans Xavier. everyone else seems to have the 2 abilities together.
    I kinda don't like it when people are lumped into the both TK and TP group. It allows the mutant to have a better mastery in some cases and have unique things about them vs the , "Oh well they have both abilities so they're the best". I prefer to have telepaths with skillsets that they are better at than others (ie. Rachel and chronoskimming, Karma and possession, Psylocke and her pre-cog and psychoblaster).
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 09-27-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I skipped the word "don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I kinda like it when people are lumped into the both TK and TP group. It allows the mutant to have a better mastery in some cases and have unique things about them vs the , "Oh well they have both abilities so they're the best". I prefer to have telepaths with skillsets that they are better at than others (ie. Rachel and chronoskimming, Karma and possession, Psylocke and her pre-cog and psychoblaster)
    I agree with you. Telepathy is such a wide sweeping term, with so many facets, and some are more skilled in a specific facet, and others are a jack of all trades.

I personally voted for Jean, as to me she's demonstrated both precision and power in almost all aspects of telepathy.

I think Emma is probably the best when it comes to 'psychic surgery' and implanting thoughts and suggestions undetected. I think she understands brain chemistry the best, and knows how to modify and trigger certain neurotransmitters to achieve her goals, etc etc.

Psylocke, to me has always been a powerhouse telepath. To me she's the one to go to if you needed someone to take someone out with one punch (telepathically). Her raw unleashed psychic strength I think is her strong suit, while minor/precise feats aren't. I'm not saying she can't, or hasn't done these things. I just think comparatively, she's not as skilled in this facet as someone like Emma or Xavier. I also think Psylocke's illusions/perception distortion are top notch, as she uses these in fights most.

Jean and Xavier to me are well rounded telepaths. Good at most facets, great even, but probably not the best in all categories.

If we were grading all the telepaths on 10 specific feats, I think Jean and Xavier would get the best cumulative scores. While Betsy and Emma would score higher in specific feats, and lower in others.

Hope that make sense?
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion