View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Gee, I wonder why...
    Because Emma shouldn't own Xavier on telepathy easily
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-01-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because Emma shouldn't own Xavier on telepathy easily
    I wouldn't expect you to type anything less. You despise Emma. The very idea of you saying anything remotely positive about her is pure wishful thinking. Even if everything written over the last 20 years makes it clear that Emma is more skilled than Charles is, and has been since the 80s.

Remember when Jean held Xavier's entire consciousness in her mind and split it up into tiny pieces to store it in every mind on the planet and then collected all those pieces to restore consciousness in Xavier's body?

Good times.

BANNED

I thought Emma winning Xavier was extremely jobbing and humiliating
    That was done to increase Emma's popularly being that the very presence of Jean Grey in the same room as her caused Emma to become practically invisible to everyone except Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    That was done to increase Emma's popularly being that the very presence of Jean Grey in the same room as her caused Emma to become practically invisible to everyone except Scott.
    Emma too became invisible to Scott since teen Jean. It seems like Scott doesn't care at all about Emma or is even ashamed of their relationship since AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Emma too became invisible to Scott since teen Jean. It seems like Scott doesn't care at all about Emma or is even ashamed of their relationship since AvX.
    That's the editorial board for you. Calling Scott Hitler for so long, and when they decided to stop they threw Emma under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    But Jean was already dead when this happened. more like they wanted to boost Emma to x-men top telepath with Jean dead, then only charles was there as obstacle.

I think my main issue with saying Emma is more powerful then Xavier is that she has never overpowered him in a straight up fight. There always seems to be a plot device to aid in her win.

If I'm wrong please correct me.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Well he had already broken things off before the teens showed up, so it was just another thing to keep them separated. I don't think he was ashamed of their relationship he just kinda decided he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's the editorial board for you. Calling Scott Hitler for so long, and when they decided to stop they threw Emma under the bus.
    Well SOMEONE had to go under the bus, right? It's not an X-Line unless someone is under a bus.

But Jean was already dead when this happened. more like they wanted to boost Emma to x-men top telepath with Jean dead, then only charles was there as obstacle.
    Emma was the top telepath at that point anyways. Betsy was good but not at her skill. Rachel was the most powerful (not as skilled as Emma)but she was off in space. Plus by this point Charles had been neutered, shot, killed, and reborn with fractured memories. I enjoyed the delicate traps and ways that Emma was able to relay to Charles he wasn't the top anymore (at that point).

gotta go with emma besting x as completely viable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Emma was the top telepath at that point anyways. Betsy was good but not at her skill. Rachel was the most powerful (not as skilled as Emma)but she was off in space. Plus by this point Charles had been neutered, shot, killed, and reborn with fractured memories. I enjoyed the delicate traps and ways that Emma was able to relay to Charles he wasn't the top anymore (at that point).
    I think that adds to his point as they got rid of everyone else, leaving Emma as the sole telepath. I believe even the Cuckoos were off the table as they were in diamond form following Warsong

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think my main issue with saying Emma is more powerful then Xavier is that she has never overpowered him in a straight up fight. There always seems to be a plot device to aid in her win.

If I'm wrong please correct me.
    Yeah, no offense to that poster, but he or she keeps using disingenuous examples as proof of her overpowering him. I've already said my piece on it before so I won't rehash my arguments though.
    Last edited by Saturius; 08-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

My opinion, dating back to mostly before this omega level nonsense came into being, is that the heirarchy would be much like this:

Jean/Charles
    Cuckoos together
    Emma/Rachel/Betsy/Quire
    Cuckoos separate

I'd say Jean has the edge on Charles in power, while Charles has the edge in skill.

Emma is very powerful, and Emma is very skilled. I tend to enjoy the White Queen of snarkiness whenever she's written well. But the only depictions of her besting Charles or an adult Jean are out of keeping with most of her history.That's why I see her on par with Rachel, Betsy, etc.

I left out the villains, as they usually get written to be more powerful & ruthless so that they pose a greater challenge to the heroes.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    My opinion, dating back to mostly before this omega level nonsense came into being, is that the heirarchy would be much like this:

Jean/Charles
    Cuckoos together
    Emma/Rachel/Betsy/Quire
    Cuckoos separate

I'd say Jean has the edge on Charles in power, while Charles has the edge in skill.

Emma is very powerful, and Emma is very skilled. I tend to enjoy the White Queen of snarkiness whenever she's written well. But the only depictions of her besting Charles or an adult Jean are out of keeping with most of her history.That's why I see her on par with Rachel, Betsy, etc.

I left out the villains, as they usually get written to be more powerful & ruthless so that they pose a greater challenge to the heroes.
    I forgot about the Cuckoos!
    they are underrated and you're right, together they are ontheir own tier.

Also Emma and Rachel fought once, Rachel was more powerful but Emma more skilled. I think Emma won at the end, if i remember correctly

Remember how savage the Wolverine and the X-men cartoon was when it depicted Psylocke as an amateur telepath who kept screwing up and got owned by Emma?