View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    This is from 30 years ago, the Professor had only met Psylocke around 3 times so of course he’s going to prefer Jean.
    Are we doing this for who is most powerful in 1991 or now? Because if now, your picture is moot.

The answer is Exodus. I would like to see Jean battle him. She failed misberaly in Blood Ties.
    for now the answer still isn’t Psylocke

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The correct answer is Legion. But I was the only vote so far.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    They needed all five sisters + kick to take down Quentin.
    QQQ was also Overdosing on Kick at the time.

For the record, I voted Jean. In a life or death situation, Jean beats Emma.

But Xavier wasn't even Top 5 for a long time. Nate Grey, Nathan Summers, Jean, Emma, and even Rachel were more powerful.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    QQQ was also Overdosing on Kick at the time.
    Doesn’t change the fact it was 5 sisters on Kick, and one of them died.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The correct answer is Legion. But I was the only vote so far.
    But a depowered Emma and 3 Cuckoo's took him out with their mind bomb.

Doesn’t change the fact it was 5 sisters on Kick, and one died.
    Canonically they got stronger so 3 took him out in Nation x without any strain

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Without outside power boosts? Legion hands down. No one on this list has even begun to do what he's done on the level he's done it on. Basically untrained, at that. This is otherwise a popularity contest. Legion beat Jean one on one in Legion Quest, Emma was terrified of him in X-Men Legacy (aka Legion solo). Xavier has been overpowered by him on numerous occasions and he's bested both Psylocke and Rachel's guards by completely installing new personalities into their minds in AoX (along with EVERYONE on Utopia). The Cuckoos, like Emma, got put on time-out by him in the same story. Quire lost some of his power in Gen-X, I believe... Anyone else?

There was that time X-Man (Nate Grey) pulled Xavier's physical body through the astral plane and out into the physical world again. Not sure if that was more telekinesis or telepathy; perhaps a ridiculous mixture of both powers?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-10-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Xavier is the best all-around telepath still.

But... I think I'm going to go against the grain and say I actually think Emma is closer to being on his level than Jean.

Don't get me wrong, in a telepathic battle I think it's clear Jean would overpower Emma. (most of the time) And unlike Rachel, Jean is skilled enough to keep up with Emma and not fall for any tricks... but I think over all, the writers have done a poor job in displaying her as a experienced telepath. In the 90s, she still felt like a student that was learning. It wasn't until Morrison, and really basically only Morrison's run, that she got out of Xavier's shadow long enough to show the reader some mastery.

Jean has a much shorter history of competence, while Emma has enjoyed more than a decade of writing to show us how skilled she is with her telepathy. in part because of her long abscence

-----

Sort of off-topic but things I found interesting while thinking this over

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny the X-Men more frequently sought out the Cuckoos as a go-to telepaths than Psylocke or Rachel? I don't know if that shows them to be better telepaths, but it kinda implies something. i guess you could argue one or the other were busy elsewhere on a mission more often

It's kinda sad how turning Psylocke into a ninja completely neutered her growth with telepathy. She was pretty capable during the 80s, then the 90s happened and she seemed to regress into bad habits (psi-knife is a cool visual but not very practical most of the time...) and then the mess with switching powers with Jean happened and now, no one knows where she is in terms of power or skill. CC should've just left her as telepathic precog, it's more original than the numerous TP + TK psychic combos we have now.

I like them but Monet and Karma are probably the weakest telepaths in the X-Mansion. For such a genius, Monet never actually bothers to train much with hers and Karma only seemed to develop some telepathic abilities in recent years. which i'm fine with, mind-control is her main thing anyway Most of the students are probably are more skilled than both.

Emma did say Karma should have been able to posses her but that she was out of focus.

I don't think she's weak she's just limited.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-10-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny the X-Men more frequently sought out the Cuckoos as a go-to telepaths than Psylocke or Rachel? I don't know if that shows them to be better telepaths, but it kinda implies something. i guess you could argue one or the other were busy elsewhere on a mission more often

It's kinda sad how turning Psylocke into a ninja completely neutered her growth with telepathy. She was pretty capable during the 80s, then the 90s happened and she seemed to regress into bad habits (psi-knife is a cool visual but not very practical most of the time...) and then the mess with switching powers with Jean happened and now, no one knows where she is in terms of power or skill. CC should've just left her as telepathic precog, it's more original than the numerous TP + TK psychic combos we have now.

I like them but Monet and Karma are probably the weakest telepaths in the X-Mansion. For such a genius, Monet never actually bothers to train much with hers and Karma only seemed to develop some telepathic abilities in recent years. which i'm fine with, mind-control is her main thing anyway Most of the students are probably are more skilled than both.
    That was done alot in the Utopia era which Rachel wasnt a part of. They were Emma's proteges so I could see why they were utilized. But yea, Psylocke often got passed over in favor of them

Yeah I preferred British body pyslocke as a telepath. I remember her being quite ferocious when using her powers. Changing her to a ninja really did stunt her growth as a telepath. And let's not go there with the TK powers please.

BANNED

Nate Grey.

Doesn’t change the fact it was 5 sisters on Kick, and one of them died.
    Sophie was the only one who dosed herself (hence why she died). So it was 1 dosed Cuckoo + 4 regular vs. A highly overdosed QQQ.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma did say Karma should have been able to posses her but that she was out of focus.

I don't think she's weak she's just limited.

Right. Karma is a telepath but her powers are so focused on possession, it hard for her to advances further with her abilities.

RCO008_1472351482.jpg
    RCO024_1472351482.jpg

I love Emma here. Always trying to help her studends... even if it hurts.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-10-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Moondragon without the mind gem or the dragon of the moons influence/boost is nothing to shout about
    I don't know about that. Without either she did manage to control Thor as well as an entire planet full of aliens. That's a feat that some of the people that we've mentioned haven't accomplished. And I don't think she had the Mind Gem or Dragon's influence when she blew through Galactus' psionic shields to speak to him telepathically. Moondragon is more powerful than most people know. But when you're boosted to the pinnacle of human potential as a telepath, that tends to be the case.