View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Neither. It was under Carey.

She won.
    Are people reading the same stuff I am? There was no fight in the run by Carey. She snuck into his mind using a backdoor via his connection to Scott. So she only even got access to his mind when Xavier contacted Scott. While there she secretly installed a crap ton of booby traps and fail safes so he couldn't break free while she did her "therapy" session. Xavier even flat out says to her that if they fight, she would lose cause his mind was stronger. She then said that wouldn't matter, cause if he even tried to fight her, he would risk damaging his mind scape. As such he didnt even TRY to fight her. I am mystified why Emma fans try to use that as proof that she's stronger than him when the issue goes out of its way to say the opposite. She didnt dare try to confront him directly there. There was no psychic battle waged in that issue.

And we also have zero proof that she fought Xavier during the DPS. That's another encounter that Psycho is misrepresenting. All we know is that Xavier got captured. It's not shown by whom or how, although seeing as how the HC used robots specifically designed to counter each of the XMen's specific powers, that seems like a more likely explanation of how he was beaten. So trying to use that also as some kind of proof that Emma beat him via psychic combat is also extremely disingenuous.

Better examples need to be used, cause those two aren't it.
    Last edited by Saturius; 08-01-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Are people reading the same stuff I am? There was no fight in the run by Carey. She snuck into his mind using a backdoor via his connection to Scott. So she only even got access to his mind when Xavier contacted Scott. While there she secretly installed a crap ton of booby traps and fail safes so he couldn't break free while she did her "therapy" session. Xavier even flat out says to her that if they fight, she would lose cause his mind was stronger. She then said that wouldn't matter, cause if he even tried to fight her, he would risk damanging his mind scape. As such he didnt even TRY to fight her. I am mystified why Emma fans try to use that as proof that she's stronger than him when the issue goes out of its way to say the opposite. She didnt dare try to confront him directly there. There was no psychic battle waged in that issue.

And we also have zero proof that she fought Xavier during the DPS. That's another encounter that Psycho is misrepresenting. All we know is that Xavier got captured. It's not shown by whom or how, although seeing as how the HC used robots specifically designed to counter each of the XMen's specific powers, that seems like a more likely explanation of how he was beaten. So trying to use that also as some kind of proof that Emma beat him via psychic combat is also extremely disingenuous.

During DPS when Xavier used Cerebro to probe the HFC, and Emma blocked it (with her own tech).

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Are people reading the same stuff I am? There was no fight in the run by Carey. She snuck into his mind using a backdoor via his connection to Scott. So she only even got access to his mind when Xavier contacted Scott. While there she secretly installed a crap ton of booby traps and fail safes so he couldn't break free while she did her "therapy" session. Xavier even flat out says to her that if they fight, she would lose cause his mind was stronger. She then said that wouldn't matter, cause if he even tried to fight her, he would risk damaging his mind scape. As such he didnt even TRY to fight her. I am mystified why Emma fans try to use that as proof that she's stronger than him when the issue goes out of its way to say the opposite. She didnt dare try to confront him directly there. There was no psychic battle waged in that issue.

Xavier fell into a trap

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    During DPS when Xavier used Cerebro to probe the HFC, and Emma blocked it (with her own tech).
    Telepaths always block each other's probes. There is nothing impressive about that, especially when dealing with two high order psis. Both have done that to one another.

Already taken care of...
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

the Telepath wars of 2019 are interesting indeed.

For me, Prof X is the top of the Alphas...I would say he has the raw power and the skill.. I also think Emma is quit powerful just not as powerful.. I see her as being a self taught and someone who improves based on need.. Psylocke also falls into this camp where as Charles and jean because of his teachings are classically trained.. I wonder thought about the psionic adjacents like Karma, Moonstar, Empath, where do they fit in the peaking order..

In many respects, Prof x is what Superman is for the strong tanks.. Super powerful but always holding back because if they cut loose it would be over and done with.. Its funny no one has mentioned Selene or Sinister when it comes to telepath rankings.. where do they fall?

Sinister is powerful...but below Emma in my opinion

Selene ran the first time Xaiver used a mental bolt on her. So she way down there.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    the Telepath wars of 2019 are interesting indeed.

For me, Prof X is the top of the Alphas...I would say he has the raw power and the skill.. I also think Emma is quit powerful just not as powerful.. I see her as being a self taught and someone who improves based on need.. Psylocke also falls into this camp where as Charles and jean because of his teachings are classically trained.. I wonder thought about the psionic adjacents like Karma, Moonstar, Empath, where do they fit in the peaking order..

In many respects, Prof x is what Superman is for the strong tanks.. Super powerful but always holding back because if they cut loose it would be over and done with.. Its funny no one has mentioned Selene or Sinister when it comes to telepath rankings.. where do they fall?
    Karma, Dani, Empath in that order.

As for Selen and Sinister, TP isnt their primary power so I think most just tend to forget it. Sinister isnt even a mutant

I wonder where the illusionists would fall. Dani, Mastermind, Lady Mastermind, Martinique and anyone else Im forgetting. For this, Im strictly talking the characters who's TP is limited to illusions, so none of the general TPs that can do everything. I would say Dani is at the bottom but dont know where Mastermind and his kin fall
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-01-2019 at 07:26 PM.

BANNED

Emma Frost? Wtf..haha. The poll results are hilarious..Exodus has done WAY, WAY, WAY more than Emma and Jean combined. Xavier turned into Onslaught. Stryfe made all the X teams look like lightweights.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Emma Frost? Wtf..haha. The poll results are hilarious..Exodus has done WAY, WAY, WAY more than Emma and Jean combined. Xavier turned into Onslaught. Stryfe made all the X teams look like lightweights.
    Yeah, the poll is "favorite telepath" not "most powerful". Stryfe and Exodus are far and away the most powerful if you just count Nate Grey as a reality warper rather than a TP.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She projected an illusion of Scott to the entire planet without the use of Cerebra. Fooling even electronic devices.

And while I'll be the first to say that power display is BS and chips, so are most of Charles's.
    Emma +Mindee +phoebe +celeste projected an illusion to the world.

Emma didn't do it on her own.

Xavier is far above Stadium Emma.

Using a story where Emma hides in Scotts mind and uses it to sneak into Xaviers brain and place traps, just shows that Emma is too scared to face him in a direct battle.

Xavier >Jean >Emma

I voted Xavier. I like the base idea that he could just change the mind of everybody on the planet using Cerebro to make his dream happen, but chooses not to because he views that as morally abhorrant. Despite all the "teenage militia" criticism of his personality, he is a deeply moral character.

Jean may have been made ridiculously powerful by writers, but her power never really functions as more than a plot device. Like Superman, her character beats more than often come down to having to put in a bit more effort than usual, or realising that she is even more powerful than she realised, again, before easily resolving any given problem. Probably crazy good TP and TK in one character is just too OP a package to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Emma +Mindee +phoebe +celeste projected an illusion to the world.

Emma didn't do it on her own.

Xavier is far above Stadium Emma.

Using a story where Emma hides in Scotts mind and uses it to sneak into Xaviers brain and place traps, just shows that Emma is too scared to face him in a direct battle.

Xavier >Jean >Emma
    In WWH : X-Men Charles was rendered useless by Emma

And this was when Xaviers stated his abilities have come back more powerful then ever

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Emma Frost fans...I'm gonna need you guys to stop. Lol

I'm reading about Professor X's powers on another site and the first couple of sentences.

Until Emma can gather the minds of billions of Skrulls/humans and project them into the mind of Galactus or use her telepathic abilities to travel to the Microverse and destory planets. I don't think they're equal.
    In the Legacy recap page. Emma is written as a telepathy who rivals Xavier in telepathic ability. She always has been. Even back in New Mutants where Illyana stated as much

Also Xavier didn't breech her diamond form. She switched to human form during that session. His job was to keep the connection and void at bay so Scott could help Emma

Fraction Also wrote the Dark Avengers issue before that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Emma is a Omega class telepath, so I'm not shocked she can use her telepathy on a global level.

What makes Xavier's feat more impressive. He did it while sitting on an orbiting moon to try to sway the hand of Galactus with their emotions.
    It's easier to use telepathy in space then on Earth as Magneto fecked up the earth magnetic fields. Xavier says so when he psychically feels kitty from across the universe during the brood saga
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-02-2019 at 03:43 AM.

I think it's difficult to state anything based on past confrontations: if not really friends however most of these people don't really want to hurt each other…
    For example, Emma, whatever is her level, is less afraid to appear callous and insensitive than Jean or Xavier. And telepathy is rather an invasive and unethical power…
    Still, she doesn't really want to hurt badly people since she is now a "good person".
    So, I would say Xavier for the "best" telepath since it has been said repeatedly along the years… Not that is really important.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also Xavier didn't breech her diamond form. She switched to human form during that session. His job was to keep the connection and void at bay so Scott could help Emma

It's easier to use telepathy in space then on Earth as Magneto fecked up the earth magnetic fields. Xavier says so when he psychically feels kitty from across the universe during the brood saga
    Wrong. Emma was trapped in diamond form for fear of letting the Void free. Had she changed to human form, that would have prevented the need for the session as the Void would have been let go. Xavier kept the Void at bay by breaching Emma's diamond form and letting Scott into "its prison", which was the safest way to do so

It was actually a big deal when she was finally able to turn into human form free of the Void