View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    OK, so this list is bonkers.
    1) If you (or the OP) are choosing to not list someone when they are a host to the Phoenix Force, then you cannot list someone when they have merged with multiple reality versions of themselves (Shaman Nate) or host to a cosmic gem (Moondragon). We can't pick and choose.
    2) Jean Grey and Quentin Quire are Omega level, so above Charles no matter what.
    3) While Jean and Tean are in essence different characters given how they were written to exist, X-Man and Shaman NG are the same character. And again, if we're saying being imbued with a power other than your own is a no-no, then Savior Nate and Shaman Nate can't be on the list. Same with Savior Cable and Base Cable (who is the same as teen Cable as they share the same limitations). Same with Silver Surfer who is embued with the Power Cosmic.

Here would be my revised list (similar to what others have floated) keeping some of the characters mentioned in place as I don't know them well enough:

SS - Jean Grey, Quentin Quire, Martian Manhunter, Despero
    S - Oracle, Charles Xavier, the Shadow King, Cassandra Nova
    A - Emma Frost, Rachel Summers, Exodus, Moondragon, Mantis, Thanos, Maxima, Tean
    B - Betsy Braddock, Nate Grey, Mastermind, The Cuckoos Hivemind, Selene
    C - Nathan Dayspring, Silver Surfer, Kwannon, Lady Mastermind, Cosmo, Gorilla Grodd
    D - Sentry, Nova, Karma

Also when did Galactus called Phoenix (Rachel) fodder? Anywho, those are my thoughts on this .... list
    What has Oracle done lately to put he on the same level as Professor X.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Lmao why bring pink form into the discussion?? Her base power was unchanged. Remember she was only able to knocks Galan on his ass after absorbing ambient energy off of Galan, phoenix, terrax and a whole planet of physic babies. Not exactly a good look. If even the psy-power of galactus and the phoenix couldn't knock harm Galan I'm not sure she can hold her own on a 1v1 against anyone mildly durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Lmao why bring pink form into the discussion?? Her base power was unchanged. Remember she was only able to knocks Galan on his ass after absorbing ambient energy off of Galan, phoenix, terrax and a whole planet of physic babies. Not exactly a good look. If even the psy-power of galactus and the phoenix couldn't knock harm Galan I'm not sure she can hold her own on a 1v1 against anyone mildly durable.
    Because it was a part of her powerset, not some gem or cosmic force. I didnt even go there bc she was powerful enough without it but its valid for others to

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because it was a part of her powerset, not some gem or cosmic force.
    Right. Not sure where he's goin with this conversation.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    What has Oracle done lately to put he on the same level as Professor X.
    Maybe it's me, but I think Oracle has had an amazing showing over the past decade or so as one of the strongest minds in the universe, stretching back before War of Kings.

BANNED

But muh omega level" I do believe scaling can be useful but when people use that "omega level" bs to try and glorify characters like quentin and stryfe it really surprises me.

There's obvious leniency to some characters in this case moondragon didn't create a whole tier for herself + her base character was lower on the list. Lmao you sound ridiculous. God cable is not a power up but Nathan's full power and that norrin bit is false equivalency since the silver surfer is the base character as norrin has no powers. Checking your list I think you might have something against the silver surfer, he's got feats such as casually controlling planets, sensing half of the life in the universe disappear and their exact emotions, destroying a portion of "the other" which was said to be beyond reality, casually stomping astral plane being who could casually influence the physical realm without hosts, but he's still lower than *checks list*. Rachel summers?? Oracle?? Exodus?? Betsy?? Cmon you can't be serious.

Shadow king is to high lol

BANNED

I said what I said.

BANNED

Post the list on comicvine for me pls

Because it was a part of her powerset, not some gem or cosmic force. I didnt even go there bc she was powerful enough without it but its valid for others to
    Drag him

Anyways

Being an Omega level telepath doesn't make you a top five telepath

Quentin Quire got stomped by the Stepford Cuckoos like twice and even Rachel (who according to the Omega mutant list she's not one) he's not above the likes of Emma, Exodus, Xavier and Cassandra like ever.

And why are Moondragon and Mantis above Rachel?
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 04-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.

BANNED

Lmao you tried to pass the idea that teen jean=adult Jean grey and I obviously had to check you on that. You did not bring pink form when talking about outside amped versions of the some characters. You brought it up in the context of whether or not she was equal to her adult self.

The way I interpreted it was bc she had gotten older. Can a young 18 year old basketball player beat themselves at 40 in a one on one match? Probably even though the 40 year old would have had far more experience. BOTA Jean did not have the mental stamina to go on in a high intense battle for as long as she used to as a younger person. Her powers affected her differently, such that she had to wear a containment helmet and using too much of her power weakened her. A part of her also held back bc if she unleashed her full power, it would have killed her, as we saw it do in the finale to that story
    Mmm okay. I can get behind the containment suit and her powers being wonky idea. I don't think that the age side really matters since telepaths in marvel have always been more about their experience than just power, and their physical bodies do not always come into play (see Xavier in the astral plane or Emma vs Super Skrulls).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I edited my post to say I was referring to her battle with Galactus. I need to go back and re-read Jean's fight with her older self. Plus we don't know much about that version so it is hard to say. We do know that her powers were killing her and she had to wear the Xorn suit right? Maybe she wasn't at her best place or since it was an alternate timeline we don't know the extent of her abilities.

Also, in another story Xorna was a construct of kid Xavier and wasn't it left open so we don't know if the first Xorna was real or not (I'd prefer that she was but I kind of remember it was left ambiguous). Feel free to correct me if I'm misremembering things.
    Well if it was still a construct of Kid Xavier then kudos to him for keeping it up for so long against so many people. That whole brotherhood story became too convoluted.

The Galactus battle is...something lol. Galactus should have had her bleed her brain out of her nostrils from even trying to absorb his psychic energy but let's not delve into it. Previous experiences on Comicvine Battles forum taught me that nothing good comes from comparing power levels in comics hahaha

BANNED

If your point is that raegan should be lower or jeen should be higher just come out and say it. Jean gaining a new ability does not make her a better psychic, it's literally like rachel astral projecting through time.

BANNED

OK that analogy literally discredit the fact that skill matters a lot, hence why a not so powerful character like Charles can hang with more powerful characters like jean.

Also she wasn't absorbing galactus core psychic energy, it was stated that she could only drain ambient energy( things like outward thoughts I'm assuming).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mmm okay. I can get behind the containment suit and her powers being wonky idea. I don't think that the age side really matters since telepaths in marvel have always been more about their experience than just power, and their physical bodies do not always come into play (see Xavier in the astral plane or Emma vs Super Skrulls).

Well if it was still a construct of Kid Xavier then kudos to him for keeping it up for so long against so many people. That whole brotherhood story became too convoluted.

The Galactus battle is...something lol. Galactus should have had her bleed her brain out of her nostrils from even trying to absorb his psychic energy but let's not delve into it. Previous experiences on Comicvine Battles forum taught me that nothing good comes from comparing power levels in comics hahaha
    I bring up age bc Jean did. She calls the BOTA version old in the next panel after she defeats her

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    OK that analogy literally discredit the fact that skill matters a lot, hence why a not so powerful character like Charles can hang with more powerful characters like jean.

Also she wasn't absorbing galactus core psychic energy, it was stated that she could only drain ambient energy( things like outward thoughts I'm assuming).
    Thats not what was stated. The issue said she could siphon psychic energy from those around her, including Galactus

Its not ambient energy; its from the actual individuals
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-27-2020 at 03:02 PM.