View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It was stated her powers worked by siphoning ambient energy, hence she wasn't actually in their heads but simply absorbing already dispelled psi energy

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    It was stated her powers worked by siphoning ambient energy, hence she wasn't actually in their heads but simply absorbing already dispelled psi energy
    It literally says something else in the scans I post as well as the original story that introduced it

BANNED

I'll try to find the scan for you but I remember the word ambient being used.

BANNED

What's your tier list looking like?? Shadowking s-tier?? Emma frost ss tier?? Quentin c tier??

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Maybe it's me, but I think Oracle has had an amazing showing over the past decade or so as one of the strongest minds in the universe, stretching back before War of Kings.
    Can you be more specific? I've always been underwhelmed by Oracle. How can she possibly be the most powerful psi in all the Shi'Ar Empire when she constantly gets curbstomped by Terrans? Even the Cookoos punked her during their freshman year.....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Non mutant telepaths get 0 love from marvel and they are used as cannon fodder for some random hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Shadow king is to high lol
    You think shadowking is too high in my list? He's around xavier level. Constantly punks chuck and betsy in the astral plane.

But muh omega level" I do believe scaling can be useful but when people use that "omega level" bs to try and glorify characters like quentin and stryfe it really surprises me.

There's obvious leniency to some characters in this case moondragon didn't create a whole tier for herself + her base character was lower on the list. Lmao you sound ridiculous. God cable is not a power up but Nathan's full power and that norrin bit is false equivalency since the silver surfer is the base character as norrin has no powers. Checking your list I think you might have something against the silver surfer, he's got feats such as casually controlling planets, sensing half of the life in the universe disappear and their exact emotions, destroying a portion of "the other" which was said to be beyond reality, casually stomping astral plane being who could casually influence the physical realm without hosts, but he's still lower than *checks list*. Rachel summers?? Oracle?? Exodus?? Betsy?? Cmon you can't be serious.
    This is the kind of thing I detest (ie the fan wars or the one-up manship in discussions like these). We can use the omega rankings because they are used in the source material from which we discuss. It is actually that simple. Quire and Jean are listed as omega telepaths meaning their powers have an undefinable upper limit (or however Hickman described it). On twitter, months ago JDW said something to the effect that Jean and Quire do telepathy better than anyone else (not exact quote but close - you can do a search on twitter to get the full quote if the tweet is still there - he was asked about their ranking as omegas).

True that raw power and skill are different things and I suppose there could easily be a different scale or ranking for both.

BANNED

Just because they have some title that has been retconned to "achieving everything possible with this particular power" which btw certainly does not apply to any telepath ever since there seem to be endless applications of tp. And not 1 person has them all. Omega level telepathy is BS and feat wise quentin is trash, below even rachel.
    I like quentin's characterisation(besides generation x), but I'm just stating facts.

Just because they have some title that has been retconned to "achieving everything possible with this particular power" which btw certainly does not apply to any telepath ever since there seem to be endless applications of tp. And not 1 person has them all. Omega level telepathy is BS and feat wise quentin is trash, below even rachel.
    I like quentin's characterisation(besides generation x), but I'm just stating facts.
    You aren't stating facts but your subjective opinions and your distaste for the official continuity and the official source material (which is fine to do as long as you qualify that you are not being objective). Quire has had some weaker moments for sure, but Hickman and company are going back to the Grant Morrison days where Quire was said to be a powerful telepath (with a see through mind and he can think millions of brilliant thoughts at once or something like that - that fact was even directly referenced by Percy in an early issue of X-force). So yes Quire had been nerfed by a few writers but he;s back to being on the top where telepathy is concerned.

Kelly Thompson wrote him as an omega level tp and tk in her brief West Coast Avengers run so not all writers have weaked him as he was during the times he was embarrassed by the likes of Rachel Grey or Emma Frost (or the cuckoos or whomever).

BANNED

I love the current continuity its just that quentin doesn't have good enough feats for me to be comfortable putting on the same tier as the silver surfer who literally dominates the astral plane and has feats of destroying aspects of cosmic entities, or xavier who can grab millions of minds and throw them at galactus.

BANNED

Yes and as soon as quentin does something worthy of someone on his supposed level Imma be the first one to move him to that S tier.

I'll give my opinion but I don't know if I've been coerced by a telepath. Nanny! Top of the list.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

How could I forget about the goddess herself??

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!