View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I disagree. When Emma punked Rachel it was spelled out that it was because she was more skilled in the use of her powers, not because she was "more powerful." I would say the Cuckoos are more highly trained telepaths but they do not have as much raw power as QQ.
    Doesn't that balance them out to the same level like they said?? Jean is more powerful than xavier but his skill puts her's to shame, hence why they are in the same level. This list isn't just power its a mix between all aspects of telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Who? Post some relevant scans and I'll rank him.
    ?? Really?

He is the 7th member of the X-Men

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Changeling_(Earth-616)

"Telepathy: He is able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a limited radius.

Psionic Blasts: He can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
    Telekinesis: Possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to manipulate matter on a low level with the energy of his thoughts."

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    ?? Really?

"Telepathy: He is able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a limited radius.

Psionic Blasts: He can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
    Telekinesis: Possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to manipulate matter on a low level with the energy of his thoughts."
    Weren't his psychic abilities a side effect thing? Like his true power was shapeshifting and he took some of Xavier's powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    ?? Really?

Seems like a solid d tier in terms of telepathy...
    Any relevant feats or even statements?

I still want to know why Martian Manhunter was ranked above Xavier and Jean.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Doesn't that balance them out to the same level like they said?? Jean is more powerful than xavier but his skill puts her's to shame, hence why they are in the same level. This list isn't just power its a mix between all aspects of telepathy.
    Really? An unskilled and unhinged David Haller completely overpowered his father telepathically. I dont think you give Jean enough credit for having more fire power as an omega level telepath like Legion.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I still want to know why Martian Manhunter was ranked above Xavier and Jean.
    Telepathy scales differently in the dc universe while distance covered is somewhat equal to their power, in the marvel universe distance covered doesn't matter as much unless characters were also able to affect every mind in the area probed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Really? An unskilled and unhinged David Haller completely overpowered his father telepathically. I dont think you give Jean enough credit for having more fire power as an omega level telepath like Legion.
    Except xavier's skill make up the difference when compared to jean grey. It just means when it comes to power david>>>jean. It's not an anti-feat for chuck but a feat for legion. Wouldn't you agree?

Except xavier's skill make up the difference when compared to jean grey. It just means when it comes to power david>>>jean. It's not an anti-feat for chuck but a feat for legion. Wouldn't you agree?
    I look at Jean as having a similar level of firepower to Legion, but with more restraint.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

I look at Jean as having a similar level of firepower to Legion, but with more restraint.
    I mean maybe?? This one feat suggests that legion is above jean in terms of power. But David barely has any feats when it comes to telepathy making jean more consistent and Overall a better telepath. If I had to put legion on this list he would be on jean's level.

Depowered Emma and the Cuckoos could hold him down in pure TP though. And then they tore his mind to pieces with a TP virus (but I guess that would count more as a preparation feat, like Batman reading for a battle and bringing the tech with him).

I think that ranking is... kinda pointless. The thing which is kinda established is that skill often trumps power, so even if a character is OP on paper he could be defeated thanks to skill. Or a very skilled character could be completely vaporized when facing an unhinged Omega at full power. It's really pretty much how the writer wants to see the power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Depowered Emma and the Cuckoos could hold him down in pure TP though. And then they tore his mind to pieces with a TP virus (but I guess that would count more as a preparation feat, like Batman reading for a battle and bringing the tech with him).

I think that ranking is... kinda pointless. The thing which is kinda established is that skill often trumps power, so even if a character is OP on paper he could be defeated thanks to skill. Or a very skilled character could be completely vaporized when facing an unhinged Omega at full power. It's really pretty much how the writer wants to see the power.
    Nothing but facts, hence my point of "xavier being equivalent to jean".

Btw what do you think of Emma's ranking?? Too low? Just right?

Nothing but facts, hence my point of "xavier being equivalent to jean".

Btw what do you think of Emma's ranking?? Too low? Just right?
    I think it's right, but I would bring Xavier down because I feel like he's not on par with Cassandra or Jean if it's raw power and he and Emma have always felt kinda equal to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think it's right, but I would bring Xavier down because I feel like he's not on par with Cassandra or Jean if it's raw power and he and Emma have always felt kinda equal to me.
    As stated before, the tier list is a mix of various aspects of telepathy that elevate a telepath to their listed level.
    I think chuck has a level of skill that deservingly puts him in that tier. Some argue he should be on martian manhunter and the silver surfer's level due to him fighting the phoenix. this at best is a phoenix anti-feat, a cosmic entity fully serious not one shoting mortals.

As stated before, the tier list is a mix of various aspects of telepathy that elevate a telepath to their listed level.
    I think chuck has a level of skill that deservingly puts him in that tier. Some argue he should be on martian manhunter and the silver surfer's level due to him fighting the phoenix. this at best is a phoenix anti-feat, a cosmic entity fully serious not one shoting mortals.
    Yeah I don't think any mutant alone could take on the Phoenix. Cuckoos, Emma, Quire and Jeen held the Phoenix down for a while but then they fainted.

If it's various aspects then it's very tricky hahaha