View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Jean grey as one of my favorite x-ladies and she is the top telepath
    That's cool.
    She isn't tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Power is great but its really all about skill and how you finesse folks telepathically. I want to know how telepaths with less do more.. I would love a fleshed out look with folks with lower end TP or TP that is less developed. Like M, Sage, Dani, and Karma should have their abilities fleshed out and framed in comparison to full on telepaths such as Prof X, Emma and Tepaths/Kinetics (which in my opinion should work differently) such as Jean, Rach, Cable, even Betsy(Teen Jean was a good example of how you could do it).
    I love the way you think. Telepaths with diverse skills are way more interesting, sometimes I feel like they focus on power too much and we get characters like nate grey and his boring power ups instead of characters like betsy with her psy-knives or Heather's dragons

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree. I especially loved how Morrison was developing her telepathic powers in NXM. It's probably one of the reasons why HiX-Man placed her as an Omega.

I'm hoping we see some more OL applications from her eventually. (I'm counting her telepathic connection from Orchis to Earth an OL-feat)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree. I especially loved how Morrison was developing her telepathic powers in NXM. It's probably one of the reasons why HiX-Man placed her as an Omega.

I'm hoping we see some more OL applications from her eventually. (I'm counting her telepathic connection from Orchis to Earth an OL-feat)
    As one should. I know some fans downplay that feat but I don't see how you can. JDW on twitter even clarified that yes it took Xavier and the cuckoos and the rest to broadcast his thoughts to space but there had to be someone to receive the message. I assume they met half way or something to that effect. Xavier had a cerebro helmet and the cuckoos. Jean had herself and Monet, and later Jean just had her own power without help from Monet and she maintained the connection.

The assistant editor noted on twitter when the issue came out how far the earth is from the sun. I'm not feat obsessed but it def. qualifies as one. Some fans who argue on various boards try to downplay most or if not all of Jean's feats (I guess because she gets the "most powerful" moniker a lot and Hickman kept her at omega level).

It doesn't matter to me which telepath is the best because most telepaths are uber powerful, versatile, and resourceful but we can't deny Hickman's omega level explanation or the fact that he listed Jean and Quire as the omega telepaths.

I do think that Hickman and company likely kept Jean as an omega because recently in X-men Red we were reminded in every issue that she was omega. Before that in the Morrison run Jean was said to be omega level which was the first time since the X-men Forever miniseries where she was revealed to be one (and important to note in that story Jean discovers Xavier classified her as omega level during her original X-men days, same as Iceman - which again reinforces the idea she was always powerful).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 04-30-2020 at 09:16 AM. Reason: sentence, grammar issues, I wasn't an english major clearly.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously...on all points.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I find that hard to believe, what the point of giving her the Gem if it didn't help her mind power. While she didn't have full access to the power of the Gem it did increase her power.
    Most of the Infinity Watch barely tapped the extent of their respective gem's powers. Pip just did universal scale teleportation, Gamora had weird precog visions, and Drax just got stronger. None of that really utilizes the full potential of each gem. Only one instance has been shown where Moondragon did something beyond her normal abilities, and the reason for that has since been retconned. The only members who fully understood their gems were Warlock, who had an intimate connection with the Soul Gem, and Thanos who was smart enough to hide the reality gem and not use it.

Also, she didn't controlled an entire planet, she says in that very issues, She controls/used suggestion on a couple of million minds that control the planet...there a different.
    So...she used twitter 25 years before it became prominent. Got it!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    What a mess of an event lol. They weren't even consistent between their own issues. I'd like to remind you guys that the following page depicts Spiderwoman still standing because she had a freaking psi-blocker from SHIELD.
    Worse, it's not like the Avengers hadn't built psi-blockers before....all the way back in Onslaught! The whole event, everybody seemed to forget that two active members on the team had built the darned things.

Xavier >>> S. King > Jean > emma= Exodus > Rachel >Kid omega > Sinister > Betsy > Monet > Marta> karma> Sage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Xavier >>> S. King > Jean > emma= Exodus > Rachel >Kid omega > Sinister > Betsy > Monet > Marta> karma> Sage.
    Sinister>Betsy??? You tripping.

I think some of you guys are getting skill and power mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Most of the Infinity Watch barely tapped the extent of their respective gem's powers. Pip just did universal scale teleportation, Gamora had weird precog visions, and Drax just got stronger. None of that really utilizes the full potential of each gem. Only one instance has been shown where Moondragon did something beyond her normal abilities, and the reason for that has since been retconned. The only members who fully understood their gems were Warlock, who had an intimate connection with the Soul Gem, and Thanos who was smart enough to hide the reality gem and not use it.it!
    So it did increase her power. Thanks

So...she used twitter 25 years before it became prominent. Got it!
    Damn, she should sue. Lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-30-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It should be noted that Moondragon's TP showings with the mind gem were no different than without it. Bear in mind she once telepathically controlled an entire planet long before she ever heard of the mind gem.
    We should note that the planet she took control over had a population of 92 million people. That's below any planetary feat fine on earth that has a population of 6.7 billion

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Even if they stopped "downplaying" rachel would she even be charles' level? Silver surfer level? Or would she be Emma frost on a good day level?
    Well, she was the most stable host for the Phoenix Force. For years, she was able to manage that power without spiraling out of control like her mom and the Phoenix 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    We should note that the planet she took control over had a population of 92 million people. That's below any planetary feat fine on earth that has a population of 6.7 billion
    True. Still impressive...though we never know if she controlled the entire planet.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    this looks pretty accurate
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I mean... i see not flaws in your logic.